8 hours ago, buckeyefrank said:

I tend to agree that the rush of the vaccine is 100% political, but it's by both sides.  The problem is that every day, new evidence comes out that suggests there's a cheap, safe and abundantly supplied medicine that currently exists to prevent and significantly reduce symptoms and deaths, but is not being used, solely because of political agendas.  It breaks my heart that the seniors in our country cannot see their loved ones and are dying of loneliness when there's a readily available option.  I see it every day 😞

No vaccine is 100% efficacy and the side effects are unknown and something will be found when you administer it to a hundreds of millions, wonder if there will be side sensitivities to obesity.....

Agree we already have masks, social distancing and if So Korea is any example they don't have a vaccine and have amazing low death and case even with the outbreaks..... there is a way but most in the US and Western World can't accept those methods.

On 9/25/2020 at 12:44 PM, buckeyefrank said:

I tend to agree that the rush of the vaccine is 100% political, but it's by both sides.  The problem is that every day, new evidence comes out that suggests there's a cheap, safe and abundantly supplied medicine that currently exists to prevent and significantly reduce symptoms and deaths, but is not being used, solely because of political agendas.  It breaks my heart that the seniors in our country cannot see their loved ones and are dying of loneliness when there's a readily available option.  I see it every day 😞

I have, off and on, done a search for "news" of this evidence you speak of, since it crops up every now and then.

There is no evidence.  Quite the opposite.  I could quote all the recent articles I just dug up, but that isn't the point of this thread or this forum.  But I do find your statement to be dangerous, so I felt I had to respond.

And it would require every modernized ("First World") Western nation to all agree to quash this "data", not just a local US Government conspiracy.  I think that is, um, highly unlikely.

Anyway, back to the OP: I grow weary of wearing a mask when so many people don't, or they wear one improperly.  And I don't know if I really would tolerate wearing one, even infrequently, on a cruise.  I'm not ready to make that decision yet.  Hopefully they won't be required when I next plan to cruise in April 2021.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I have, off and on, done a search for "news" of this evidence you speak of, since it crops up every now and then.

There is no evidence.  Quite the opposite.  I could quote all the recent articles I just dug up, but that isn't the point of this thread or this forum.  But I do find your statement to be dangerous, so I felt I had to respond.

And it would require every modernized ("First World") Western nation to all agree to quash this "data", not just a local US Government conspiracy.  I think that is, um, highly unlikely.

Anyway, back to the OP: I grow weary of wearing a mask when so many people don't, or they wear one improperly.  And I don't know if I really would tolerate wearing one, even infrequently, on a cruise.  I'm not ready to make that decision yet.  Hopefully they won't be required when I next plan to cruise in April 2021.

Here's one

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext

Conclusions and relevance

In this multi-hospital assessment, when controlling for COVID-19 risk factors, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and in combination with azithromycin was associated with reduction in COVID-19 associated mortality. Prospective trials are needed to examine this impact.

This is exactly how I feel now. Over the last few months I have been wearing a mask every where I go including when we have gone to Disney World for the day. It has gotten to the point that wearing a mask doesn’t bother me at all. 

It used to make me laugh when I would see drivers in a car by themselves wearing a mask. Now on multiple occasions I have done that when driving home from a store and not taking my mask off when I get in the car because I don’t think about it. I figure if wearing a mask in the Florida heat doesn’t bother me, wearing one on a ship isn’t going to bother me either. 

I agree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums