New Perks starting tomorrow???

macaroni

Tomorrow, Celebrity will return to their "base promotion", which is a couple $$ savings, increasing by stateroom type, and nothing else.

As @gerelmx mentions, during the last few months Celebrity have made flash sales every other weekend, usually consisting of three perks for the normal price of two (the "Sail Plus" price tier), combined with another couple $$ savings.

Thus, I would expect another flash sale starting Thursday next week. Or perhaps they will delay it, starting Monday in two weeks coinciding with Labor Day, which usually brings a promotion.

To summarize, I would expect the next actual promotion to start on Labor Day, lasting perhaps the full week thereafter, or starting the weekend (Thursday) leading up to Labor Day, lasting up to and including Labor Day itself.

I don't have much faith in their "sales".  We have two trips still booked, Panama Canal in Sept 2021 and Venice in Oct 2021. When I do a price check each time they  announce one of these "sales" the prices are higher than we I am already paying.  At this point, I don't even know if we will take those cruises next year if they sail.  No way I am booking anything  else at this time.

• Like 6

I got a nice price reduction for my July 30, 2021 cruise.

I originally booked on Dec 2, 2019 and saved $$'s on Feb 19, 2020.

Sometimes their sales actually work out.

Now fingers crossed they sail.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

@Ashland - This is roughly the time when I booked my only future cruise. Originally booked for March 2021 on the APEX. I have already done L&S to February 2022. Current pricing on that cruise as of this week is more than $2000 what I am booked for. The going rate right now is INSANE.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes. I had been monitoring prices for my Infinity cruise next May since I booked in January. I had a Royal Suite booked without the perks (although the suite automatically comes with the Wifi and Premium Beverage Package) but wanted to keep an eye on the Penthouse pricing. It was about $6000 more when I originally booked. Price came down about $3000 since January plus they were now including all the perks at no extra charge, so I could now get the gratutities included plus the $150pp onboard credit. In the end wound up saving about $7000 versus the price they were selling the Penthouse for in January with all 4 perks. That's on top of the $7000 in Blue Chip Club savings my husband and I have. So was pretty happy with how it turned out. This will be our first Penthouse cruise in Europe. Fingers crossed this pandemic is under control by then!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

I’m waiting for these turtles to finally come up with their final sailing protocols. Until these are released how I can book anything? I have a final payment on 11/1, and will promptly cancel if not issued soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, until the CDC approves the cruise plans they can’t issue final protocols.  The CDC doesn’t seem to be in any hurry.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

Unfortunately, until the CDC approves the cruise plans they can’t issue final protocols.  The CDC doesn’t seem to be in any hurry.

I think we should be getting close to the next step.  I thought the results of the "Healthy Sail" panel were expected by the end of the month.  This should be the basis for the cruise plans that will be submitted to the CDC.  I wouldn't expect that there would be a long delay between the "healthy Sail" panel recommendations and the submission of a plan to the CDC. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, vulcan1971 said:

@Ashland - This is roughly the time when I booked my only future cruise. Originally booked for March 2021 on the APEX. I have already done L&S to February 2022. Current pricing on that cruise as of this week is more than $2000 what I am booked for. The going rate right now is INSANE.

You think $2000 is insane.  We were booked on Edge February 2021.  Did a L&S to March 2022, B2B on Apex. Our suite is now $8,900 PP higher than we are paying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

You think $2000 is insane.  We were booked on Edge February 2021.  Did a L&S to March 2022, B2B on Apex. Our suite is now $8,900 PP higher than we are paying. 

It varies...  We were booked for 30 days on the Equinox in a suite during winter 2021 and did an L&S to 2022.  We saved $4200 over what we would have had to pay.  Whatever the amount, we're happy to have the savings.

Unfortunately these higher than normal fares are what we're going to be dealing with in the future. 

Until . . . 

There is a vaccine

The CDC comes out with a protocol for sailing - likely early October

Border restrictions are eliminated

It is possible to fly from home to worldwide ports

Cruising cannot begin with any sort of normal or new normal.

Pricing today is often a function of billions in FCCs chasing a place to land.  Until we see lots of cruising and final payment dates - on cruises likely to happen - come and go; pricing means little.  There are a huge number of cabins held as placeholders where the cruiser - including myself - has no intention of going on all those cruises.

For example we now have 2 July cruises at the same time, an August cruise we really want to do, 3 in September.  

We will see what happens.

The only perk that would make me book another cruise is free or low cost insurance to cover hospital bills, quarantine costs and flight evacuation home in case of covid infection on board.

If the cruise lines can't guarantee a safe environment why would we put our lives at risk.

I did a mock booking for March, 2021 on the Apwx. The only 3 available perks were the classic drink pkg, grats, and internet, which I have zero interest in. The cruise is still $200.00 more than when I booked it with Classic, Grats, $300.00 OBC, Insurance. 

Just another nothing sale.

No new perks for our September 2021 Pacific Coastal cruise on the Millennium.  The real bummer is Celebrity has decided to pick the three perks. When we booked the cruise we got to choose our three perks and the cruise was $2050.00 less than the current offer for the same stateroom. 

On 8/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

@CHEZMARYLOU - I agree that what you describe sounds even MORE INSANE than my situation. However, I was comparing an Apex to Apex shift, not an Edge to Apex shift. I suspect therein lies the reason for a larger discrepancy in price increase.

41 minutes ago, vulcan1971 said:

@CHEZMARYLOU - I agree that what you describe sounds even MORE INSANE than my situation. However, I was comparing an Apex to Apex shift, not an Edge to Apex shift. I suspect therein lies the reason for a larger discrepancy in price increase.

Even accounting for the change in itinerary and 10 days vs 7 on Apex the per diem on Edge still comes out to $8,500 pp more for 7 days than we are paying on Apex.

5 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Even accounting for the change in itinerary and 10 days vs 7 on Apex the per diem on Edge still comes out to $8,500 pp more for 7 days than we are paying on Apex.

Well, I guess you should be patting yourself on the back for getting such a great deal at the time in which you booked.  🙂

• Like 1