Apex leaves the shipyard

Welland

Celebrity Apex finally leaves Chantiers de l'Atlantique

Michèle Valandina | Aug 24, 2020

Built in Saint-Nazaire and handed over to Celebrity Cruises in March, Celebrity Apex finally left Chantiers de l'Atlantique Sunday morning.

The ship had remained at the yard's Penhoet wharf due to the coronavirus pandemic, which affected more than 200 crew members

At anchor off the French coast

However, Celebrity Apex hasn't totally left Saint-Nazaire as it will remain at anchor off the coast for two or three weeks before sailing to Florida.   

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

"Like" for the lack of a "sad" button....

We were supposed to be on the 1st revenue sailing, April 1st .....

Hopefully, by September 2021 it will be a "go" 😁

Don't be sad, you still have the opportunity to be on the first revenue sailing.

• Thanks 1

There' some speculation/"knowledge" shared by an Instagram user in my post here:

I personally think that Apex will do a non-revenue TA crossing at some point between mid-September and the originally planned dates end-October. I don't think it will necessarily last 14 days as planned, as there would be no passengers to care for, in regards to speed, sea disturbance etc. I think they would just want the TA done as quick as possible.

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

There' some speculation/"knowledge" shared by an Instagram user in my post here:

I personally think that Apex will do a non-revenue TA crossing at some point between mid-September and the originally planned dates end-October. I don't think it will necessarily last 14 days as planned, as there would be no passengers to care for, in regards to speed, sea disturbance etc. I think they would just want the TA done as quick as possible.

We were booked on her Maiden Transatlantic for Oct. 22, 2020.

I said months ago that if our cruise was canceled that Apex would sail across, without passengers, for her Caribbean season. However there were others who said she would stay in Europe. 😉
I'm thrilled she will be on her way soon!

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We were booked on her Maiden Transatlantic for Oct. 22, 2020.

I said months ago that if our cruise was canceled that Apex would sail across, without passengers, for her Caribbean season. However there were others who said she would stay in Europe. 😉
I'm thrilled she will be on her way soon!

I was indeed one of "the others" - two months ago. The recent movement, and the claims by that guy, who is apparently an experienced cruise/ship reviewer, gives me new hope. 🙂

17 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Ken, we are also on the 2021 TA.  We live in Leeds, just outside Birmingham.  

Cool! We're on the Island Princess for a 14 day Northern Lights cruise out of Southampton before this one and decided to take a short flight to Barcelona to catch this Apex cruise instead of taking multiple flights back to Montgomery.

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're booked on the Oct 2021 TA from Barcelona. Hopefully all will be flowing smoothly by then.

16 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Ken, we are also on the 2021 TA.  We live in Leeds, just outside Birmingham.  

Booked on Sept. 18th, 2021. Fingers crossed for all of us 😁

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Kylie said:

We are scheduled to sail the Apex in January 2022 - sure hope cruising is back to 'normal' by then!  Whatever the new normal will be?!

We are also scheduled on the Apex, for January 29, 2022. Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts. Fingers crossed!