To book an aft balcony while cruising the Med or not...

karabear15

Give me your suggestions on if I should book a premium deluxe balcony looking out on the wake or if I should snag a port side cabin. We will (hopefully) be traveling from Rome to Athens, on the Enchanted Princess in April, 2021 for our honeymoon.

Thanks!

Kara

• Like 1

Yes same. We have had aft balconies, both as a suite and regular cabin, and they are usually much bigger than a standard cabin, plus you are away from the main noise and traffic of the ship. The only downside is the noise of the engines sometimes early morning on a port intensive holiday. Usually you are awake or up, but sometimes if you fancy a lie in, the noise can be a bit frustrating.  Weighing it up though, we still book them time and time again!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, karabear15 said:

Thanks everyone! We will be on deck 9, how much engine noise do you think? 

You may feel some vibration...especially from thrusters when docking or leaving, but you're not going to hear engine noise.  In 650+ cruise days we have never heard the engine...or more properly the electric motors...and you won't either.

Enjoy your cruise...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

You may feel some vibration...especially from thrusters when docking or leaving, but you're not going to hear engine noise.  In 650+ cruise days we have never heard the engine...or more properly the electric motors...and you won't either.

Enjoy your cruise...

Not worried about vibration, just didn’t want it to mimic about 20 years ago when I had a far forward cabin and we heard the anchor at 5am, that was a pleasant experience. 😂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We had a premium deluxe on the Royal Princess and the balcony is larger and has some shade depending on deck.  Take a good look to see which Are larger?   We loved it!

That is what we have as well.  I am one of those who covet the caribe deck balconies on the older ships because of the larger balcony plus the half shade/half sun...so if these mimic that, I'm a happy camper!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

This is the Royal...I'm thinking the Enchanted should be virtually identical...

Love this picture, what a great view! I am also assuming that it will be basically the same as the Royal. The Princess rep said it best to my TA, we will have a full ocean/wake view, plus when in port the ability to see both the starboard and port sides rather than only one of those views.

I just hope that it sails 🤞