Revenge for the $18 drink package?

BillOh

24 minutes ago, drsel said:

You are lucky to have received the stimulus package.
I haven't received any

It was the extra $600 a week that kept me going with expenses. It also forced my employer to pay us 50% more than what we were making in order to get people to come back to work and finish the liquidation. It has been the easiest 12 weeks of my 24 yrs of employment. Now I have closure  since we were terminated so abruptly via a conference call on a Sunday afternoon.

Edited by Iamcruzin

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Too bad they dont go out of Galveston or I'd be tempted.

Not when you see what the prices are now. It was less for me to book a 9 day Anthem cruise in a balcony and pay for 2 drink packages and one surf and stream package during the Black Friday sale.

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It was the extra $600 a week that kept me going with expenses. It also forced my employer to pay us 50% more than what we were making in order to get people to come back to work and finish the liquidation. It has been the easiest 12 weeks of my 24 yrs of employment. Now I have closure  since we were terminated so abruptly via a conference call on a Sunday afternoon.

Sorry for your job loss. If the unemployment had worked properly, if the business that let you go temporarily, and asked one to return, the added benefit ($600) should have ceased. 

We have seen so many places here in my area of Florida, where we don’t have a $15 minimum wage, employees refused to return to work and businesses had to hire and train new people. 

M8

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sorry for your job loss. If the unemployment had worked properly, if the business that let you go temporarily, and asked one to return, the added benefit ($600) should have ceased. 

We have seen so many places here in my area of Florida, where we don’t have a $15 minimum wage, employees refused to return to work and businesses had to hire and train new people. 

M8

It was an offer for temporary employment with no benefits. Most of our employees were high school or college students who are home living with their parents. They were making more staying home than they could if they went back to work even with the pay increase. That $600 shouldn't have been across the board. It should have been prorated just like the standard unemployment is. Minimum wage is $13 an hour on Long Island. These kids were pulling in over $700 a week staying home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It was an offer for temporary employment with no benefits. Most of our employees were high school or college students who are home living with their parents. They were making more staying home than they could if they went back to work even with the pay increase. That $600 shouldn't have been across the board. It should have been prorated just like the standard unemployment is. Minimum wage is $13 an hour on Long Island. These kids were pulling in over $700 a week staying home.

And should have ceased if the business asked them to return. Regardless of the benefits. 

M8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And should have ceased if the business asked them to return. Regardless of the benefits. 

M8

If the company would have furloughed us (bankruptcy court wouldn't allow that) then they would have to come back or lose unemployment.  The rules must be different when the company is in bankruptcy. Had I not found a job my unemployment would have been extended the extra 12 weeks since I didn't collect during that time period. 

Prices are higher with all the fcc and some of them are 125% more then original payment. Also, it’s a use it or lose it situation which most cruisers are not going to allow that to happen. We have had four cruises cancelled this year and the fcc amount is adding up, and starting to take refunds instead.

Still have a cruise booked for the end of January that is questionable with final payment due in October, and another cruise(part of a b2b) in February. My delima, as with many other cruisers is do I make a cash payment(and then take another fcc) or do I use existing fcc and go through the troubles of recovering them. Either way prices in the immediate future will remain high until the abundance of fcc vouchers are diminished and cruising resembles a new normal.

Hal

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Celebrity started it in 2013 when it was actually free on my cruise. They got everyone sucked in and slowly raised the price of the cruise to include the free package. They also offered extra perks to book certain categories like Concierge class that probably was a slow seller as people realized that they were paying extra for nothing, especially after they removed the foot stools.  Celebrity has out priced themselves for me to consider them anymore.

o.k., I remember when you could pick a free perk.  Since we had the nightly "happy hour" we never considered it.  i also noted from the first time I saw it that it was not really "free."  They simply raised the price of the cruise fare to offset it.

41 minutes ago, yogimax said:

o.k., I remember when you could pick a free perk.  Since we had the nightly "happy hour" we never considered it.  i also noted from the first time I saw it that it was not really "free."  They simply raised the price of the cruise fare to offset it.

In the beginning it was only the drink package. Then it morphed into pick your perk where they inflated the price of the cruise. The first time I sailed with the free drink package I paid $549pp for a midship ocean view that included the drink package on an 8 day cruise. Now it costs more just for the drink package.

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

To recover their losses since March 2020, they could also start charging for lunch and dinner in the main dining room and keep only the buffet free for all meals.

Don't give them any ideas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

To recover their losses since March 2020, they could also start charging for lunch and dinner in the main dining room and keep only the buffet free for all meals.

Don't give them any ideas. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been discussed.