2022 world cruise deposit increase

When I booked the 2021 WC about 18 months in advance of the departure date, our deposit for the two of us was $7000.  I was kicking myself for not booking while on our 2019 WC, when it would have been $100 pp.

21 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

My deposit for the 2018 GWV was $3500 for one person.

I went back through my e-mail and found that I had put a future cruise deposit down to hold the 2018 cruise. $200 for MDH and me. The deposit due after the itinerary was released was $6800 which is $7000 with the $200 onboard deposit for two people. And I believe I did the same for the Prinsendam GV and also the Amsterdam 2020 WC. I think people are thinking of $200 deposit holding a shorter cruise not the Grand Voyages.

Edited by Storylady

I cannot help but support HAL with these big deposits....especially on the popular World!  Lets face it....there are some potential cruisers who have a habit of booking lots of cruises they will likely never take.  These folks (and you will sometimes see them post about it here on CC) like to have lots of existing reservations so that they can choose their cabins.  They do not concern themselves with relatively small deposits as they know the money will be returned when they eventually cancel.  It is a big issue with MSC's Yacht Club where folks will make multiple bookings (deposits can be as low as $99) and then cancel as they get close to the 60 day final payment window.  We have met several HAL cruisers who have told us how they always make bookings on the Grand cruises as soon as they are released.  At some later time (often near final payment) they will cancel most of their bookings.   Large deposits (and non-refundable deposits) discourage this behavior.

Hank

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I cannot help but support HAL with these big deposits....especially on the popular World!  Lets face it....there are some potential cruisers who have a habit of booking lots of cruises they will likely never take.  These folks (and you will sometimes see them post about it here on CC) like to have lots of existing reservations so that they can choose their cabins.  They do not concern themselves with relatively small deposits as they know the money will be returned when they eventually cancel.  It is a big issue with MSC's Yacht Club where folks will make multiple bookings (deposits can be as low as $99) and then cancel as they get close to the 60 day final payment window.  We have met several HAL cruisers who have told us how they always make bookings on the Grand cruises as soon as they are released.  At some later time (often near final payment) they will cancel most of their bookings.   Large deposits (and non-refundable deposits) discourage this behavior.

Hank

This very behavior is why Royal Caribbean Started requiring a full, non-refundable, deposit on all full suites. Even for onboard bookings. There is no refundable deposit option on these rooms. Ships would show suites sold out for months on end then the day before final they’d have a glut of suites open up from cancellations.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72