Find eveyone who posted on a topic

1 hour ago, bob278 said:

Before the upgrade, there was an option to see a list of everyone who posted on a thread.  I can't find how to do that now.

Anybody know?

@bob278

Howdy!  emo22.gif

I do not think that feature is in the Invision software used at this time. All you can do is click the Follow feature number for a list of those members allowing their user name to appear in the list. Others may have NOT chosen the Let others see that I follow this option.

To make sure, I suggest you email the Community Manager at community@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Be sure to mention your user name too.

As stated in the GuidelinesIf you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com

I hope this information will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

4 hours ago, bob278 said:

I also asked about setting a default font for posts.

Please don't. Stick to the default font. It is readable on all devices. Members will thank you.

Some fonts don't render the same on all devices; in particular, someone likes using Comic Sans which shows up as a virtually unreadable script font on my phone.

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2020 at 6:57 AM, gnome12 said:

Please don't. Stick to the default font. It is readable on all devices. Members will thank you.

Some fonts don't render the same on all devices; in particular, someone likes using Comic Sans which shows up as a virtually unreadable script font on my phone.

I am fine with the default font, but I would like to make my default size larger.

9 hours ago, bob278 said:

... I would like to make my default size larger.

Again, not a feature in the Invision software as I understand. Your text Font Name, Font Size, or Text Color has to be changed from the current automatic default on each of your posts prior to hitting the Submit Reply button.

Now for reading the default Cruise Critic website text size, I l👀k to my browser for help. Have set my laptop screen zoom to 125% and that makes everything easier to read for me.

Hope this will be helpful,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

Thank you.

Reading isn't a problem.  I am just not thrilled withthedefault text size and color.I was hoping the same capability the old software had was somehow lurking in the background. 

I think what I will do from now on is complete my post and the use CTRL-A and CTRL-B to select the entire post and make the text bold.  (When I can remember to do that.)

But I enjoy CC enough so that I won't  let that bother me too much.

Edited by bob278

33 minutes ago, bob278 said:

Thank you.

You are most welcome! emo34.gif 

34 minutes ago, bob278 said:

... use CTRL-A and CTRL-B to select the entire post and make the text bold. 

Do what you want, but be prepared. Some of the members will not like posts all in Bold & will let you know. Some consider it as shouting. The same with posts that are all in caps or even too many capitalized words here & there for emphasis. They may refer you to the following from the Posting and You! section in the Guidelines:

ALL CAPS
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

Rich Text & Graphic Images
The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

Good luck! 🍀

Host Kat emo32.gif

4 hours ago, bob278 said:

... but I hadn't seen complaints about all bold...

That's because you do not see the post Reports made to Cruise Critic by members. From the Guidelines:

... Staff members and our volunteers are here to provide you with an environment that is free from advertising and soliciting, free from harassment, vulgarity and disparaging statements, as well as providing you with a safe haven brought together by those sharing a mutual interest: cruising!

We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action.

Some just send the Report, starting by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner of the post. Some just post on the offending (to them) post's thread. There are a few that do both. All they should do is just make the Report. Again, from the Guidelines:

... Please exhibit tolerance of the posting styles, language and grammar of members.  Posts that point out typos, grammatical errors or anything that could embarrass someone aren't allowed -- are a waste of everyone's time -- and will be removed from the community.

Hang in there,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 11:45 PM, Host Kat said:

You are most welcome! emo34.gif 

Do what you want, but be prepared. Some of the members will not like posts all in Bold & will let you know. Some consider it as shouting. The same with posts that are all in caps or even too many capitalized words here & there for emphasis. They may refer you to the following from the Posting and You! section in the Guidelines:

ALL CAPS
Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

Rich Text & Graphic Images
The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

Good luck! 🍀

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thanks for bringing this up.

Bold is indeed annoying. It's just a way of saying 'Look at me, I'm important'