Possible price drops/they pick room

Hoping we go on our cruise begining of march. Was doing a price check for drops. There is a big difference between you pick room and they pick room. When I originally booked we picked our room. When looking for price drops can I switch to they pick my room? It would mean an over $500 drop. This would be on vision of the seas, junior suite. Thank. 

54 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

When looking for price drops can I switch to they pick my room?

Sure, but realize this is a GTY rate (I assume you saw a WS GTY rate) and you could be assigned anywhere and not till closer to sailing.

I've done a gty before. Wasn't a problem.   And this was a non refundable deposit. I included the ship in post, because on vision there are only 2 deck of suites. Deck 7 & 8.   So not too much inventory. 

After careful checking. I forgot about my prepaid grats and ins. So there wasn't a big price drop. Just was curious if royal would just keep you in your room. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Not worth the gamble to us for a cabin that could be subject to a lot of noise. Been there, done that! 

We have done GTY's before and once they assigned me a cabin, if others were available that I liked better in the same category, I called and changed it.  We have 2 GTY's booked right now on Freedom.  Not worried at all.  I am guaranteed a balcony and wherever they put me, I will be good or will change to a different cabin in the same category they assign me to.

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

We have done GTY's before and once they assigned me a cabin, if others were available that I liked better in the same category, I called and changed it.  We have 2 GTY's booked right now on Freedom.  Not worried at all.  I am guaranteed a balcony and wherever they put me, I will be good or will change to a different cabin in the same category they assign me to.

That usually works fine for balcony and below cabins, but JS and above are usually filled up with nothing left to choose from. 

• Like 1