Jump to content

What Itineraries Would You Like to See Royal Bring Back or Add?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I'll say again...bringing in Mariner was a big mistake....The Vision was the perfect size and the many many times we sailed on her were always sold out...that was not the problem.

 

Mariner was brought here at the wrong time. Like you said H1N1 and the downturn in the economy plus were big factors in not being able to fill a ship that big. We can hope that one day an RCI ship will sail from the left coast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two things:

 

Sell B2B cruises with alternating itineraries as one cruise, like some other lines do.  

 

Two, add Glacier Bay to Alaska itineraries.  They had their chance.  I wish they would jump on it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:


Has there ever been cruises scheduled through the winter out of Southampton? I would have thought the wind, rather than cold, would have been the biggest obstacle to running a schedule. 

P and O I believe are offering four ships from the port of Southampton during December this year and they continually sell out.

From memory Arcadia Aurora Iona and Ventura are this seasons offerings.

Covid permitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

Two things:

 

Sell B2B cruises with alternating itineraries as one cruise, like some other lines do.  

 

Two, add Glacier Bay to Alaska itineraries.  They had their chance.  I wish they would jump on it.  

But what does it matter if you need to buy it as one cruise or b2b? Genuine question, I just don’t see the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

True southern ABC itineraries from Florida, Galveston or Bayonne.  Preferably on Voyager or Freedom class but anything Voyager and larger is good.

 

This would require 8 night minimum from Florida and probably 10 night from Bayonne.


The 9 night southern Caribbean that we did out of Miami on the newly AMPED Navigator in March 2019 was by far the best itinerary we have done and the ship was amazing after being AMPED.

 

Dan

 

 

Edited by The Fun Researcher
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

But what does it matter if you need to buy it as one cruise or b2b? Genuine question, I just don’t see the difference.

I'm thinking that it would be the roll over of perks that isn't done if booked as two cruises....B2B. They are treated as two separate cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm thinking that it would be the roll over of perks that isn't done if booked as two cruises....B2B. They are treated as two separate cruises.

To me booking b2b has always led to more perks not less, not that I have ever found any perks worth much, except (refundable) OBC

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

But what does it matter if you need to buy it as one cruise or b2b? Genuine question, I just don’t see the difference.

 

Ease and price.  The rooms that show up are rooms available for both, and booking it as 1 cruise is usually a little less expensive than booking the 2 separately.    

 

Also, someone once told me on HAL that with it being 1 booked cruise rather than a B2B, they were not required to disembark at the turnaround.  Not sure about that one though.

 

Edited by Aquahound
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

 

Ease and price.  The rooms that show up are rooms available for both, and booking it as 1 cruise is usually a little less expensive than booking the 2 separately.    

 

Also, someone once told me on HAL that with it being 1 booked cruise rather than a B2B, they were not required to disembark at the turnaround.  Not sure about that one though.

 

Varies by where in the world you are, possibly some lines apply the strictest rule no matter where they are, saves mistakes. I have never seen a price difference, but again it may vary by line and location.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Varies by where in the world you are, possibly some lines apply the strictest rule no matter where they are, saves mistakes. I have never seen a price difference, but again it may vary by line and location.

 

It's HAL and Princess I've seen this on the most.  I was just looking at a March cruise on Eurodam.  The two cruises (March 7 and March 14) are both advertised starting at $899.  Together as one cruise, it starts at $1699.  So by booking it as one cruise rather than a B2B, you save $99pp.   I've seen better savings in the past, but that's just one I'm seeing right now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only done 1 b2b.  It was with Azamara.  Turnaround was Athens.  We didn't have to get off the ship.  We went to theater and got new cards.  Cruises: Venice-Athens, Athens r/t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

To me booking b2b has always led to more perks not less, not that I have ever found any perks worth much, except (refundable) OBC

I'm referring to RCI only since this thread "is" about RCI...or so I assumed by the OP's question title.

Perks such as OBC, cruise planner purchased items etc. do not roll over..Each cruise is two separate cruises and treated as such with your folio being closed out at the end of your first leg.

Sorry there has been some confusion...but not surprised as topics seem to veer off lately :classic_wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

True southern ABC itineraries from Florida, Galveston or Bayonne.  Preferably on Voyager or Freedom class but anything Voyager and larger is good.

 

This would require 8 night minimum from Florida and probably 10 night from Bayonne.


The 9 night southern Caribbean that we did out of Miami on the newly AMPED Navigator in March 2019 was by far the best itinerary we have done and the ship was amazing after being AMPED.

 

Dan

 

 

 

The 10/11 Southern on Serenade out of PE was very nice. We did that in 2017

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, puerto penasco lady said:

Longer voyages.  Ship on the west coast.  A 2 week round trip from the west coast to Hawaii like Princess has would be great.

 

I am booked on a world cruise round trip out of Los Angeles on Crystal in 2022.  Would have loved to do it on Royal since it would have made me Pinnacle.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RCG as a corporation has made it very clear with their deployments over the last few years that they intend to keep Royal and Celebrity both restricted to sailings of 14 days or less (with a few exceptions for seasonal repositioning voyages)  Selling b2b cruises as 1 longer voyage adds an inventory management complexity that they do not wish to deal with either. RCG group has found a formula for Royal & Celebrity that allows filling vessels and consistently meeting their revenue goals. If a market does not yield those results, or they see competitors struggling, they stay away.
 

Royal, as a brand, specifically is about bread and butter $$$$ making cruises not about exotic far flung bucket list itineraries, or marginal itineraries in saturated markets like the Caribbean or Alaska where they would need to deeply discount on a regular basis. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 1:47 AM, cello56 said:

Transatlantics with lots of great ports instead of one port and ten sea days! 

The Serenade crossing in April of 2019 had wonderful ports.

Agree, even a couple of more ports would be better than what they are offering these days. Especially with the bigger ships 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...