showers on Splendor

sassyw

I believe it's sort of at the far end of the tub, across from the toilet. At least that's where it is on the Explorer---a tub and a separate shower. It's hard to see on the virtual tour but I'm pretty sure it's there. Check YouTube and see if anyone videoed their suite.

Edited by Flgreg
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sassyw said:

Was looking at the 360 views of the concierge stateroom and it showed a tub in the bathroom. Was under the impression that all bathrooms have stand alone showers?

Was on Splendor in February; our concierge cabin had a stand-alone shower AND a tub. We love the E and F cabins on Explorer and on Splendor.

I thought in the brochure the baths in the concierge suites had brass toned fixtures (faucets, drawer handles, etc) but the YouTube video looks like they are chrome.

Can anyone confirm which finish is accurate?

Thanks.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but we were not fans of the shower in Concierge class. It is closed in with a solid wall next to the tub, rather than a glass wall.  It felt cramped and that is why we are in a Penthouse suite on the Splendor next March.  Not totally a deal breaker, but poor design IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea why they put tubs in anything other than the high end suites on Explorer and Splendor. There's no reason to waste space with a separate tub and shower. Just give us a nice big shower. On a cruise ship, the only thing we've ever used the tub for is to hang wet bathing suits, or other wet clothes when we' be been caught in the rain, and (sorry to admit) washing dirt off our shoes when we return from an excursion.

And brass tone fixtures are now out of style, and chrome hardly ever goes out of style. I've learned that lesson when replacing fixtures at home.

• Thanks 1

oh dear....I hate to differ. Although a tub/shower combo isn't a deal breaker...there's nothing like sloshing around in a big tub with all those beautiful bath amenites.  At home, sure....soap, body wash, shampoo...none of which are very "designer" in the shower.

To me, (and I know I'm most certainly in the minority) I love that luxury amenity. I can get an ordinary shower at home. Even John likes sloshing in that big tub....giggle!. Glad that there are sill a few cabins that offer that choice!

One difference between Explorer and Splendor...at least in F suites....the Explorer had the stand-alone shower and the tub also had a showerhead in it.   This was convenient when we both were trying to get ready for the day or evening's activities.  The Splendor has the stand-alone shower and a tub....but that tub does NOT have a showerhead.   😡

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

One difference between Explorer and Splendor...at least in F suites....the Explorer had the stand-alone shower and the tub also had a showerhead in it.   This was convenient when we both were trying to get ready for the day or evening's activities.  The Splendor has the stand-alone shower and a tub....but that tub does NOT have a showerhead.   😡

True but there is a handheld shower wand in the tub. 🙂 Probably not as convenient as a shower head but it is still possible to take a shower in the tub.

Dave

11 hours ago, DaveFr said:

True but there is a handheld shower wand in the tub. 🙂 Probably not as convenient as a shower head but it is still possible to take a shower in the tub.

Dave

I don't remember that hand-held.  Maybe I was just looking for one that could be on a "slider" to stay high in place during a shower.