Port Canaveral news on tv

fla gang

48 minutes ago, fla gang said:

Yesterday the port authority from Port Canaveral said no cruises until January 2021 at the earliest and that ships would probably be only at 50% capacity.

The article refers to the words of Capt Murray, CEO of Port Canaveral. He said that he “expects” that there will be no cruises until 2021 but that he hopes he’s wrong. So it’s not an official decision or directive. The article was more about Capt Murray’s opinion, rather than a confirmed timeline for Port Canaveral. 

Edited by Tapi

I love to cruise and being a Florida native it has made it almost too easy to catch a weekend cruise or a 7 day cruise. I'm 35 minutes from port Tampa and 3 hours from anywhere else in Florida. I'm gonna give it some time after the ships start sailing again so they can work the bugs out. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, fla gang said:

So what do you think will happen?

Once the CDC lifts the “no sail order”, it will be a race to see who can get their act together first.

The article mentioned that MSC is determined to begin sailing from Port Canaveral in November aboard the MSC Seaside if the CDC does lift the order. And considering that they were able to restart cruising in the Mediterranean a few weeks ago aboard the MSC Grandiosa with a myriad of well established rules and protocols, I won’t be surprised if they do pull it off before anybody else in the America’s. 

Edited by Tapi