Opinion of current state of Crystal Cruise

Our “Opinion of the current stare of Crystal cruises” really doesn’t matter!  Each of us (by virtue of the fact we are on CC’s) is interested in cruising and I think we are all interested in Crystal’s future.  Personally we are concerned for the well being and financial security of the wonderful crews on the ships of Crystal.

I would like to differentiate the onboard crew from the onshore employees and management of Crystal.  We can be upset with management decisions but we should all support the crews.  When the decision to cruise again arrives you should keep this in mind and remember your wonderful previous cruises.  Management has always been subject to criticism, any review of past “pre Covid” threads will confirm that statement.

Many of us have deposits with Crystal and other cruise lines for future cruises and in our case we really look forward to cruising again.  Our next cruise is in March from FLL to Athens.  I am very optimistic that this cruise will occur but if it doesn’t we will rebook for a later date.

Adding up all of our deposits for cruises in 21 and 22 totals close to six figures so we do have “skin in the game” so to speak.  We are waiting patiently for a refund from Crystal for taxes and port fees on a cruise canceled on September 20th, but we applied the balance  of the cruise fare to our 22 WC.  

Support the crews!!!

1 hour ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Our “Opinion of the current stare of Crystal cruises” really doesn’t matter!  Each of us (by virtue of the fact we are on CC’s) is interested in cruising and I think we are all interested in Crystal’s future.  Personally we are concerned for the well being and financial security of the wonderful crews on the ships of Crystal.

I would like to differentiate the onboard crew from the onshore employees and management of Crystal.  We can be upset with management decisions but we should all support the crews.  When the decision to cruise again arrives you should keep this in mind and remember your wonderful previous cruises.  Management has always been subject to criticism, any review of past “pre Covid” threads will confirm that statement.

Many of us have deposits with Crystal and other cruise lines for future cruises and in our case we really look forward to cruising again.  Our next cruise is in March from FLL to Athens.  I am very optimistic that this cruise will occur but if it doesn’t we will rebook for a later date.

Adding up all of our deposits for cruises in 21 and 22 totals close to six figures so we do have “skin in the game” so to speak.  We are waiting patiently for a refund from Crystal for taxes and port fees on a cruise canceled on September 20th, but we applied the balance  of the cruise fare to our 22 WC.  

Support the crews!!!

+1!   Well said and fully concur.

thanks,

Nancy

+3

We also have plenty of skin in the game.

I have to wonder whether Crystal will be able to get many of the crew back .  I assume the crew must be pursuing other options for making a living.  Not so easy to switch back and forth once you have settled in to a new job.