Latest Restart Schedule for Carnival

sunonfire

We have a back to back November 2nd, so would be in guinea pig cruising group! I have no problem at all with it, and sure hope it happens!

if it gets cancelled, it will be my 4th one for this year to be cancelled by Carnival. I just keep on rebooking in good faith!

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

To my knowledge these mega ships can hold many tons of fuel. With that general knowledge why does it have to be a Cruise to a specified destination. Maybe to start they could enact a "True Cruise To Nowhere? Everybody is contained on the vessel, no one gets to "wander" away, the passengers who came onboard remain onboard and the ship just "aimlessly" floats all of the passengers cares away.      

My understanding is that current laws prevent that!

• Like 1

I would go on a cruise to nowhere if they'd allow it.  Or maybe they can just stop in MX 1x or a private island, with the rest of the days being sea days.  I think I am in the guinea pig group- Nov 1.  And we are older with no major health issues.  I'd go, but I doubt hubby would.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Key West is voting on banning large cruise ships on November 3rd. I don’t know if that would take effect immediately or not...but I wouldn’t count on it as a potential port. You could easily swap it for Progreso or Galveston on the Tampa one.

It takes time to convert a referendum vote result into an actual law - look at Florida's "success" in getting legalized medical dope and other "uncomfortable" voting results into actual law.

It probably won't take effect until mid-2021, if successful.

52 minutes ago, pizzaman1343 said:

I live in New Orleans and have a cruise booked for Nov 30.  Even if Carnival says yes, there is no way the Mayor of New Orleans says yes.  She still has the city on lockdown and I don't see her changing it enough to allow cruises to depart from here.

Is there a quarantine for people arriving from other areas?

16 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I am in a vaccine study right now.  Going Thurs for the 2nd shot in  series of 2.  I would also cruise on the first one, no problem!   Just get me on that ship!

baf

Please keep us posted on how the vaccine study goes.  Thanks!!😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jolyroger said:

I've said this since day 1! We have a cruise booked for Nov 23rd this yr, we keep calling it the guinea pig cruise ! I'm all for it!!

As long as you have the 2 week quarantine time to take off should the ship be forced to have one.

6 hours ago, pizzaman1343 said:

I live in New Orleans and have a cruise booked for Nov 30.  Even if Carnival says yes, there is no way the Mayor of New Orleans says yes.  She still has the city on lockdown and I don't see her changing it enough to allow cruises to depart from here.

As a Saints season ticket holder (who opted out this year) I can tell you the Saints have not ruled out having fans for their 2nd home game on Sept 27th. They have a reduced capacity plan they presented to the mayor and governor. They weren't able to get it approved for the first game but they're going to keep trying. Some teams have announced no fans at any games this year. The fact that the Saints haven't leaves me hope that they could open up cruising by the end of the year. With that said, one of the reasons I booked out of Galveston instead of New Orleans is I felt better about their chances of opening up sooner. That and the fact that Vista was the same price or cheaper than Glory....easy pick for me.

Edit: Actually as of today they have received state approval to have reduced capacity fans at Saints games starting 9/27. I think it's in the mayor's hands now. If it's approved, I think that's a good sign for cruising out of New Orleans.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

As a Saints season ticket holder (who opted out this year) I can tell you the Saints have not ruled out having fans for their 2nd home game on Sept 27th. They have a reduced capacity plan they presented to the mayor and governor. They weren't able to get it approved for the first game but they're going to keep trying. Some teams have announced no fans at any games this year. The fact that the Saints haven't leaves me hope that they could open up cruising by the end of the year. With that said, one of the reasons I booked out of Galveston instead of New Orleans is I felt better about their chances of opening up sooner. That and the fact that Vista was the same price or cheaper than Glory....easy pick for me.

Edit: Actually as of today they have received state approval to have reduced capacity fans at Saints games starting 9/27. I think it's in the mayor's hands now. If it's approved, I think that's a good sign for cruising out of New Orleans.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_ee5111c8-ec80-11ea-bc29-efad9c19eaed.html

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if I wanted to dredge up an old CDC-titled thread, or use this one as the most recent, but I wanted to ask the folks that might know and/or care:

The current plan for resumption of sailings in Nov being discussed here is, of course, dependent upon the CDC's current No Sail Order expiring without extension on 30 Sept 2020, or if they do extend it, no further than 31 Oct 2020.

Previously the CDC extended the No Sail Order about a week prior to it expiring.  For the previous iteration, they extended it on 16 July, and it had been set to expire on 24 July.  That previous extension to 24 July was announced on 9 April, effective 15 April, which was the day the initial 30-day ban was set to expire. 

Based on that pattern, I don't expect the CDC to announce anything until 22 Sept or so.  If they are actually going to announce anything.

Does anyone have any hints to the contrary?

On the other hand, Carnival and other cruise lines last announced their "next round of cancellations" at the start of August, for the cruises that would have occurred starting two months later (cancelling all of Oct 2020).  So for the Nov cruises, we could expect an announcement today, for example, regardless of lack of CDC No Sail Order extension.  That would match what they did in late June when they announced the cancelled sailings through end of Sept 2020 (in concert with the CLIA announcement a day or two before).

And there have been many cancellations announced through Dec and beyond for Carnival Cruise Lines' sister brands under Carnival Corp.

I'm not trying to be positive (nothing announced!  We're gonna sail for sure!) nor negative (expect something tomorrow!  No sailing until 2021!), just looking at the whole picture as much as I can like a chess board, except I'm not sure I know the rules or what pieces are what.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have a booked cruise on the Breeze departing from Fort Lauderdale on November 1st.  I have not received any notice from Carnival advising me that the cruise has been cancelled as of today, September 4th.  My cruise manager on their web site still shows my cruise departing from Port Everglades on the 1st.  I'm waiting for a cancellation email but nothing yet.

I'm also booked on Valor out of NOLA on 11/30/2020. We booked this absolutely with the expectation that it would not happen, but we just wanted something to look forward to, even if it was a Fantasy 😉

However... I just checked the position of Valor and she's on her way to Cadiz, Spain. Early dry dock? Freshening up? Installation of C19 safety measures? Since she is only scheduled for 4/5 day sailings out of NOLA to Cozumel and Progreso, she may be considered a good test run.