Suite school is in session

Tree_skier

18 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Seeing that this is "Suite School" - to continue learning.....If you were to book a CLS, would you also book the Deluxe Drink package? 

We do because we like the convenience factor.  I don't want to feel like I should be trekking off to the SL to get a drink instead of ordering one.  Even if we don't break even, the convenience factor is worth the few extra bucks to us. I just consider it a part of the cruise cost like excursions rather than trying to decide if we are going to break even or not.  I am paying for the convenience of the server bringing me a drink while my lazy butt is parked in a lounge chair in the Solarium or on the beach at Coco Cay.

I hate, hate bills at the end of the cruise. I want it all paid so I can relax and not have to worry about anything except slipping the server a few extra dollars for a tip.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cured said:

We do because we like the convenience factor.  I don't want to feel like I should be trekking off to the SL to get a drink instead of ordering one.  Even if we don't break even, the convenience factor is worth the few extra bucks to us. I just consider it a part of the cruise cost like excursions rather than trying to decide if we are going to break even or not.  I am paying for the convenience of the server bringing me a drink while my lazy butt is parked in a lounge chair in the Solarium or on the beach at Coco Cay.

I hate, hate bills at the end of the cruise. I want it all paid so I can relax and not have to worry about anything except slipping the server a few extra dollars for a tip.

That exactly where our heads were at too.......thanks for the input!

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Hope it works out for you.

Also, just renewed my Epic pass - can’t wait to rip the mountain up this winter!!

🙂

Me too.  Just this last Monday.  Where do you ski... Depending on where I'm working, I usually jump back and forth between Whistler Blackcomb and Heavenly. This year I'm expecting it to be Heavenly exclusively.  Once head I south, probably mid October I don't anticipate going back to Canada until they remove the 14 day quarantine. rule.

Edited by Tree_skier

41 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Seeing that this is "Suite School" - to continue learning.....If you were to book a CLS, would you also book the Deluxe Drink package? 

Great question.  I've never had any sort of suite so I have no idea what is offered in the suite lounge or what time it is offered? I'm sure the experts will help us here.

28 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Great question.  I've never had any sort of suite so I have no idea what is offered in the suite lounge or what time it is offered? I'm sure the experts will help us here.

On Oasis Class the suites longe has free beer and wine from 11am and then the happy hour drinks from Appx 5 to 8:30.  Not sure if they are offering the same on Quantum class but on all other classes of ships it’s only the 3 1/2 hour happy hour in the evening with nothing offered during the day.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What does this coastal kitchen that oasis class has serve that makes it special?

We were not impressed with costal kitchen at all , first night was good after second night my better half suggested we eat in specialty restaurants the rest of the week, I did like the breakfast and lunch and view was amazing. CK food and service doesn’t compare with celebrity suite restaurant Luminae. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Oasis Class the suites longe has free beer and wine from 11am and then the happy hour drinks from Appx 5 to 8:30.  Not sure if they are offering the same on Quantum class but on all other classes of ships it’s only the 3 1/2 hour happy hour in the evening with nothing offered during the day.

The wine that is offered is pretty bad , you can buy the bottles for under  5 dollars at local supermarket. 

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

🙂

Me too.  Just this last Monday.  Where do you ski... Depending on where I'm working, I usually jump back and forth between Whistler Blackcomb and Heavenly. This year I'm expecting it to be Heavenly exclusively.  Once head I south, probably mid October I don't anticipate going back to Canada until they remove the 14 day quarantine. rule.

We have a house near Breckenridge, Co.  Usually just Breck/Vail.  Before my kids were born we would do Whistler at least 2x a year - funny how life changes w/ 3 kids under 4 years old.  Whistler is my favorite mountain/ski town! 

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Why are two bathrooms so important when there are just the two of you ?

We have four and really only use one at home.

We have three full in our home and mainly use 2.  However, on the ship you can both get ready in half the the amount of time while not standing on top of each other.

The CLS washroom doesn’t have the square footage of the GS/OS for standing inside the room. That being said only one can easily be in the shower in those cabins and it’s really hard for two to use the toilet at the same time. 😂

9 hours ago, George C said:

We were not impressed with costal kitchen at all , first night was good after second night my better half suggested we eat in specialty restaurants the rest of the week, I did like the breakfast and lunch and view was amazing. CK food and service doesn’t compare with celebrity suite restaurant Luminae. 

What kind of food is served vs what's in the dining room? Soom seem to like it. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That being said only one can easily be in the shower in those cabins ....

Another reason why I like the Oasis and Allure over Harmony/Symphony. The CLS upstairs bathroom shower can fit at least two😜. Unfortunately they replaced it with a tub/shower on H & S. 

CDF34975-735B-4CBB-AD7A-3DE491EC9FF5.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What kind of food is served vs what's in the dining room? Soom seem to like it. 

I think there is a set menu for the week, first night was fillet. Don’t remember what second night was but it wasn’t good, at least we didn’t think it was good, maybe someone could post the menu for the week. 

20 minutes ago, George C said:

I think there is a set menu for the week, first night was fillet. Don’t remember what second night was but it wasn’t good, at least we didn’t think it was good, maybe someone could post the menu for the week. 

There are 7 different menus for a 7 night cruise.  

I think of Coastal Kitchen for dinner as a step above the MDR and a step below specialty dinning from a food standpoint. Breakfast and lunch are definitely better than WJ.  The advantage of CK for me is less about the food and more about the convenience and atmosphere.  It's a very short walk from your deck 17 cabin and a very, very short walk from happy hour in the SL to your table in CK. 😁

Two bathrooms are a personal preference.  My wife likes to take her time getting ready/doing makeup, and she does not want to have humidity from the shower causing problems with her hair (although that happens anyway as soon as she steps outside).  We have a large master bath at home with 2 sinks and we still coordinate who is in there when if we're getting ready to go out.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Another reason why I like the Oasis and Allure over Harmony/Symphony. The CLS upstairs bathroom shower can fit at least two😜. Unfortunately they replaced it with a tub/shower on H & S. 

In our opinion that was a mistake to change it on H&S.  The tub has the half glass wall, which lets out the humidity.  As for two fitting, a tile floor is much less slippery than a tub.😁

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Why are two bathrooms so important when there are just the two of you ?

We have four and really only use one at home.

Now that the kids are grown we use different bathrooms. We each have room to spread out and when my husband gets up much earlier than me he can quietly go to the other side of the house and not wake me. He does the same on a cruise with the second bathroom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

We have a house near Breckenridge, Co.  Usually just Breck/Vail.  Before my kids were born we would do Whistler at least 2x a year - funny how life changes w/ 3 kids under 4 years old.  Whistler is my favorite mountain/ski town! 

I've always wanted to try Breckenridge, Vail and Aspen but have never gotten to CO in the winter.  I'm heading to Whistler today for a little mountain therapy.  DW is going kayaking and I'm just going to wander the village for a little mountain therapy (drinks and shopping 🙂 )  Oops, I've hijacked my own thread! Back to the topic at hand.

For those who know, does CK vary from ship to ship or is it consistent across the fleet. Also for those that know, what are your thoughts on the UDP. I would be inclined to get it on any Oasis class ship with all of its options but wonder if I'm going to get value out of it if I'm going to eat several meals at CK?

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's probably not the variety I want, when I want it.  I better stick with the DBP.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have three full in our home and mainly use 2.  However, on the ship you can both get ready in half the the amount of time while not standing on top of each other.

The CLS washroom doesn’t have the square footage of the GS/OS for standing inside the room. That being said only one can easily be in the shower in those cabins and it’s really hard for two to use the toilet at the same time. 😂

Two is always better than one! And when you have a 55 year old prostate... when you have to go, you have to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1