Jump to content

Northern NY suburb to cape liberty


Recommended Posts

Hi, I live in the suburbs north of NYC, I have easy access to NJT to Hoboken and/or easy Bus service to PA terminal. What would be the best route to Cape Liberty from either of those locations?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Have you ruled out driving to the port.

No, but i go on extended cruises and i think it's gonna add up price wise to park. If there is an easy public transit i find it more relaxing than driving in.

What is per day parking at Cape Liberty if you know? Any discounts avail?

Link to post
Share on other sites
No, but i go on extended cruises and i think it's gonna add up price wise to park. If there is an easy public transit i find it more relaxing than driving in.
What is per day parking at Cape Liberty if you know? Any discounts avail?
It's only 20 bucks a day. We did it on our last cruise, very reasonable and car is very safe.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

It's only 20 bucks a day. We did it on our last cruise, very reasonable and car is very safe.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
 

Thanks i'll keep that in mind.

I could probably take NJT to Hoboken, that's an easy ride for me and take an uber from there, what could that cost? $20.00?

As a solo traveler i don't enjoy the economies of multiples pax

Thanks

Edited by bones774
Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks i'll keep that in mind.

I could probably take NJT to Hoboken, that's an easy ride for me and take an uber from there, what could that cost? $20.00?

As a solo traveler i don't enjoy the economies of multiples pax

Thanks

Yeah, transit is very convenient. We are only 30 minutes south of the port and we usually get dropped off by our in-laws. Only parked once. Next August we are supposed to be on Oasis [emoji1696][emoji120] and we will be dropped off again. Why spend an 140 extra bucks.

 

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 2:29 PM, bones774 said:

I have easy access to NJT to Hoboken  What would be the best route to Cape Liberty 

 

The most convenient would be taxi/uber from Hoboken to Cape Liberty.

 

You could take the Hudson Bergen light rail from Hoboken terminal to 34th Street in Bayonne. That light rail stop is near the entrance to the port but it is 2 miles from the entrance to the terminal building. You would need a taxi from the light rail stop to the terminal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, meadowlander said:

The most convenient would be taxi/uber from Hoboken to Cape Liberty.

 

You could take the Hudson Bergen light rail from Hoboken terminal to 34th Street in Bayonne. That light rail stop is near the entrance to the port but it is 2 miles from the entrance to the terminal building. You would need a taxi from the light rail stop to the terminal.

Right, so if I'm gonna grab a taxi at 34th St I might just as well grab it in Hoboken for a few $$$ more.

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 2:29 PM, bones774 said:

Hi, I live in the suburbs north of NYC, I have easy access to NJT to Hoboken and/or easy Bus service to PA terminal. What would be the best route to Cape Liberty from either of those locations?

Thanks

Friends of my wife and I who live in Northern Westchester prefer driving to Cape Liberty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...