Jump to content

Notice of Star redeployment -- now on Grand Alaska 2021


Recommended Posts

I just received an email from Princess that our June 2021 Alaska cruisetour has been changed due to the 'redeployment' of the Star, and we are now being moved to the Grand.  Cabin assignment to come later (we are in an aft suite so hope to get same room) and fare and amenities stay unchanged.  

 

I assume the Star will be leaving the fleet sooner than the original plan of fall 2021.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not happy,  I booked the Star because it has Skywalkers.  The Grand should have been sent to P&O IMHO.  No ship with Skywalkers in AK in 2021?  I'll give it a couple weeks to shakeout before making changes.

 

Guess I'm looking for a different cruise in 2022. 

 

framer

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have also received deployment message from Princess this morning.  About 3 hours later checked our "manage bookings" and the new booking number for the Grand was listed.  Also our cabin which is the same as we had with old (Star) booking.  Called Princess since NO flights were listed for this land/cruise tour.   We were informed they are protected and will appear soon on our booking.  This is the first ship after many years of sea travel that we have "change of ship" happening.  Has anyone had the air appear later as we were told?  Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

azgrandmax3 we also received the same room on the Grand Princess and our flights were not listed. I also noticed a reduction on my balance due amount that was very close to the cost of our flights so it was very confusing. Upon calling Princess I was told that I did not need to rebook the flights and they would appear later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azgrandmax3 said:

We have also received deployment message from Princess this morning.  About 3 hours later checked our "manage bookings" and the new booking number for the Grand was listed.  Also our cabin which is the same as we had with old (Star) booking.  Called Princess since NO flights were listed for this land/cruise tour.   We were informed they are protected and will appear soon on our booking.  This is the first ship after many years of sea travel that we have "change of ship" happening.  Has anyone had the air appear later as we were told?  Thanks

 

I just looked at our booking and it too shows us on the Grand now and we are in the same suite as we had booked on the Star.  Our airfare hasn't transferred over yet either.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least you are  getting a replacement.  Our GP cruise Singapore to Southampton was just cancelled period.  No replacement and they are offering $15 OBC on another booking.  Hope you enjoy the Grand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geraldpriebe said:

I just looked at the Princess booking site and the last available trip for the Star is a 7-day from LAX to Vancouver on May 3rd 

It makes no sense for Star to sail to Vancouver if she's not doing the Alaska season -- bet that gets scrapped too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

At least you are  getting a replacement.  Our GP cruise Singapore to Southampton was just cancelled period.  No replacement and they are offering $15 OBC on another booking.  Hope you enjoy the Grand.

Sorry to hear that -- $15 is pretty worthless incentive. We have been on the Grand twice but it was years ago when she was fairly new. If it's any consolation I doubt cruising will be back full strength by next summer anyway, unfortunately.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Sorry to hear that -- $15 is pretty worthless incentive. We have been on the Grand twice but it was years ago when she was fairly new. If it's any consolation I doubt cruising will be back full strength by next summer anyway, unfortunately.

 

I agree with you.  We, too were on the Grand when she was new but haven't sailed Princess in 20 years.  I guess it will be longer than that now.  Maybe we'll get to look at her if she stops in Vancouver on her way to Alaska.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geraldpriebe said:

I just looked at the Princess booking site and the last available trip for the Star is a 7-day from LAX to Vancouver on May 3rd 

I am booked on that cruise.   Contacted Princess and they are not aware of any changes to it.   However, I would assume that I will either be on Grand, or they will cancel the cruise altogether.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, kenack said:

azgrandmax3 we also received the same room on the Grand Princess and our flights were not listed. I also noticed a reduction on my balance due amount that was very close to the cost of our flights so it was very confusing. Upon calling Princess I was told that I did not need to rebook the flights and they would appear later. 

We also received email about change from Star to Grand without flights being listed on the new Booking #.  Talked to our PVP this morning, and she said the old EZ air flight had been cancelled as of 9/1/20.  We had to rebook the EZ air flights. Hope this helps.

Ed & Jean

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, andimark said:

My flight also came back today with the charges back on.

This morning our flights as originally booked, with same $ amounts added to our account.   All seats also remained the same.  I wonder why some had to rebook flights?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

This morning our flights as originally booked, with same $ amounts added to our account.   All seats also remained the same.  I wonder why some had to rebook flights?

 

Maybe they did not have to, but did the rebooking before Princess had finished transferring the flights to the replacement cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...