Princess Announces Its 2021-22 Australian Season!

Princess Has Unveiled Its 2021-22 Australian Season:

From Cruise Passenger:

3rd September 2020.

Princess Cruises has unveiled its plans for their 2021-22 Australian season, with the Royal Princess and Coral Princess heading Down Under.

The season also includes plans for Coral Princess’ first roundtrip world cruise from Australia in 2022, as well as the return of Emerald Princess and Sapphire Princess.

The ships will be homeported in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney and the arrival of the Royal Princess will have the line’s OceanMedallion technology.

There has been a massive reshuffle within the line, with the Diamond Princess leaving Asia and the Ruby Princess and Majestic Princess heading to Alaska and North America.

The Regal Princess, which was also due to start sailing from Sydney this year, does not appear to also be on the schedule for the 2021/22 wave season....Read more https://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-has-unveiled-its-2021-22-australian-season/

No mention as of yet about the Sun / Sea Princess 😞 or what the Regal Princess is up to.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Princess Has Unveiled Its 2021-22 Australian Season:

From Cruise Passenger:

3rd September 2020.

Princess Cruises has unveiled its plans for their 2021-22 Australian season, with the Royal Princess and Coral Princess heading Down Under.

The season also includes plans for Coral Princess’ first roundtrip world cruise from Australia in 2022, as well as the return of Emerald Princess and Sapphire Princess.

The ships will be homeported in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney and the arrival of the Royal Princess will have the line’s OceanMedallion technology.

There has been a massive reshuffle within the line, with the Diamond Princess leaving Asia and the Ruby Princess and Majestic Princess heading to Alaska and North America.

The Regal Princess, which was also due to start sailing from Sydney this year, does not appear to also be on the schedule for the 2021/22 wave season....Read more https://cruisepassenger.com.au/princess-has-unveiled-its-2021-22-australian-season/

No mention as of yet about the Sun / Sea Princess 😞 or what the Regal Princess is up to.

There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, albeit a long tunnel.

From the email I just received from Princess:

2021 - 2022 SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS

• 5 ships: Coral Princess, Emerald Princess, Pacific Princess, Royal Princess, Sapphire Princess
  • Coral & Royal Princess maiden seasons down under, plus a fully MedallionClass fleet sailing from Sydney
  • Round-trip departures from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide
  • 59 unique itineraries of cruises ranging from 2 to 36 night
  • Roundtrip New Zealand sailings ranging from 13 to 17 nights with a variety of destinations
  • Circumnavigation of the Australian continent on Round Australia voyages
  • The remote island of Tasmania on roundtrip voyages from 5 to 10 nights
  • Many islands of the South Pacific on a variety of voyages ranging from 11 to 21 nights
  • Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing voyages ranging from 21 to 36 nights

2022 WORLD CRUISE HIGHLIGHTS

• Coral Princess sails her first World Cruise out of Sydney, Brisbane & Auckland offering more Mini-suites than ever on a round world cruise!
  • 107-night circumnavigation of the globe features our top-rated ports, including sailing the Mediterranean, Norway, Iceland, the Arctic Circle and the Panama Canal
  • 43 destinations in 27 countries across 6 continents and sailing over 34,000 nautical miles
  • 12 late night stays and 4 overnight stays in Dubai, Venice, New York, and Lima (Callao)
  • 4 Maiden World Cruise ports: Sibenik(Croatia), Olden (Norway), Isafjordur (Iceland), Cornwall (Falmouth) (United Kingdom)
  • Access to over 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Edited by boeckli
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, boeckli said:

From the email I just received from Princess:

2021 - 2022 SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS

• 5 ships: Coral Princess, Emerald Princess, Pacific Princess, Royal Princess, Sapphire Princess
  • Coral & Royal Princess maiden seasons down under, plus a fully MedallionClass fleet sailing from Sydney

Something weird in that statement. The table shows that only Royal and Emerald are MedallionClass, and the rest are not.

Moreover, Pacific sails out of Sydney, so it isn't correct.

10 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Goodbye Sea and Sun Princess. I enjoyed cruising on them. I haven't cruises on Coral, so will have to give her a tryout.

Coral looks really interesting. Similar number of passengers as the Sun class ships but with a better interior and more restaurants. She still has the wraparound Promenade Deck too. She'd be a nice ship to do the World Cruise on, or any of the longer cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Coral looks really interesting. Similar number of passengers as the Sun class ships but with a better interior and more restaurants. She still has the wraparound Promenade Deck too. She'd be a nice ship to do the World Cruise on, or any of the longer cruises.

Been on the Coral for Panama Canal, lovely ship and intact, not like her sister Island, been on her too, they butchered her, taking out Universal Lounge forward, putting extra cabins in aft which chopped the aft end of the Prom deck and took out viewing areas on stern decks.  Coral Princess would be well suited to this region and/or a Worldie.

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Been on the Coral for Panama Canal, lovely ship and intact, not like her sister Island, been on her too, they butchered her, taking out Universal Lounge forward, putting extra cabins in aft which chopped the aft end of the Prom deck and took out viewing areas on stern decks.  Coral Princess would be well suited to this region and/or a Worldie.

Yes, I believe she is a popular ship. She would be a great replacement for the Sun Class ships. In fact better as she has dedicated speciality restaurant spaces instead of pop-ups in one side of the Horrorzone.

39 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Prices for 2021 sailings are discounted and should not be taken as the usual price. Prior to COVID, Princess cruises to NZ usually started at over $2,000 pp for an inside cabin.

Oh thank you, that’s not as big a hike but to tell you the truth I don’t care how much it is as long as all this COVID business is sorted by then

Cheers Carole

4 minutes ago, Fletch1 said:

On that note, is $25,799 (inside cabin price) for the world cruise more expensive than other years? I recall not so long ago you could pick up the world cruise for under 20K (inside cabin). 

I think it's about the same. 

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Carole, would you mind posting the link you posted on the Sun/Sea thread here as well please. It's a more logical place for it.

Thanks,

Julie

See you have it, my online TA sent me that and I have already pre booked.

Cheers Carole