Australia Cruise Ship ban been extended

Australia Cruise Ship ban has been extended

Media release today:

The Australian Government will extend the human biosecurity emergency period under the Biosecurity Act 2015 by an additional three months.

There are currently four Determinations under section 477 of the Biosecurity Act which are in place to protect Australians during the COVID-19 pandemic, including:

**Restrictions on the entry of cruise ships into Australia.

The emergency period, which has been in place since 18 March 2020, will now be in place until 17 December 2020.

Source: https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/human-biosecurity-emergency-period-extended-by-three-months

Princess just took cancellations to the 18th December ‘20 - so that’s  our December Sun Princess cruise gone - but double FCC on the deposit till May 22 - now back to planning that World Cruise on Coral Princess ..............

• Like 2

Royal Caribbean's site still says cruising to resume after 31st October for Australia, with an update date of 3rd Sept (yesterday) which of course makes no sense. We are booked on Serenade on 30th Dec to NZ and I understand this of course won't happen, wish the cruise lines would just admit it. My TA wants me to pay in full next month and I want my deposit back!

9 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Princess just took cancellations to the 18th December ‘20 - so that’s  our December Sun Princess cruise gone - but double FCC on the deposit till May 22 - now back to planning that World Cruise on Coral Princess ..............

Are you thinking about the 2022 WC? I am interested in part of that cruise.

Edited by Aus Traveller

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Are you thinking about the 2022 WC? I am interested in part of that cruise.

Just Dover to Sydney - 55 days - have family over that way so combine a week or so with them (Amsterdam) then over to Dover to board Coral home. 
My dedicated Princess guy rang yesterday afternoon and took all our wants and wishes for this one and on the 16/9 will email with options - way to use the FCC 👍
By 2022 WE WILL BE CRUISING 🤨 prepared to deal with the “new normal”.

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 2

Just now, Porky55 said:

Just Dover to Sydney - 55 days - have family over that way so combine a week or so with them (Amsterdam) then over to Dover to board Coral home. 
My dedicated Princess guy rang yesterday afternoon and took all our wants and wishes for this one and on the 16/9 will email with options - way to use the FCC 👍

I am looking at either Brisbane to New York, or maybe Dubai to New York. These cover the ports I am most interested in. I will be travelling solo so the whole WC costs more than I want to pay when the price has to be doubled. The way I read the Princess brochure, the latter one would have to be two separate bookings (Dubai-UK, then UK to NYC). I couldn't get pricing from my TA on these segments. They are shown as "limited" so I don't want to miss out on getting a cabin. I have estimated the costs, but I might try phoning again to see about prices.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am looking at either Brisbane to New York, or maybe Dubai to New York. These cover the ports I am most interested in. I will be travelling solo so the whole WC costs more than I want to pay when the price has to be doubled. The way I read the Princess brochure, the latter one would have to be two separate bookings (Dubai-UK, then UK to NYC). I couldn't get pricing from my TA on these segments. They are shown as "limited" so I don't want to miss out on getting a cabin. I have estimated the costs, but I might try phoning again to see about prices.

I can send you the name, email and phone number of the guy we use from Princess. Very funny name but he is real and very good. He could tie these legs up for you Im sure.

Edited by Porky55

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I can send you the name, email and phone number of the guy we use from Princess. Very funny name but he is real and very good. He could tie these legs up for you Im sure.

Not that 'Chinese Bloke? ' Please don't mention his name, we will get banned for life from CC.🤬

• 2 weeks later...