Next announcement of cancellations

lindylooellalouise

50 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hopefully he'll receive his Golden Raspberry award in the post...a shoe in for the "worst remake, prequel or rip off award..."

I think it will be a close contest between him and Sir D Trump esq. 🥾👏

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hi all. Has anyone managed to get a refund from Holiday Inn Cruise and Stay. We transferred it from a cancelled April booking to next Feb but that's been cancelled now.  It says non refundable. Just wondered with it being exceptional circumstances. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I’m led to believe multiple videos were produced to cover various scenarios. But decision was finally confirmed yesterday. 

Fair enough...I feel sorry for the camera operator having to listen to him more than once.  🥴

Still doesn't excuse the 90 day payment term.

• Like 4

Does anyone think that any of the Caribbean cruises will run in just Feb and Mar 2021.

We are due to go on Azura on Feb 20th and will be due to pay balance at end on Nov and would rather know before then if it is going or not. Think I would rather they just cancel the season as I think it is unlikely to go and it would save paying the balance. I would move it but have no slots left in 2021 to move it to.

Edited by bee-ess

26 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Does anyone think that any of the Caribbean cruises will run in just Feb and Mar 2021.

We are due to go on Azura on Feb 20th and will be due to pay balance at end on Nov and would rather know before then if it is going or not. Think I would rather they just cancel the season as I think it is unlikely to go and it would save paying the balance. I would move it but have no slots left in 2021 to move it to.

There just be a glimmer of hope, otherwise I guess they'd have just cancelled everything through to March. 

I guess there is no surprise in this, I think most of thought this would be the most likely outcome that there would be no further cruises in 2020. 

I suspect when they do restart it will be a limited number of ships involved, so likelihood is that cruises until late spring could be subject to cancellation.

I suspect Carnival would be seeking a negative Covid test taken within 48 hours of departure and given the mess the testing system is in now that the Government could guarantee that was possible given that only those with symptoms can have a test. 

As Richard E Grant said a couple of days ago “Please can someone explain to me why, when you land in Rome, there is a swift and well organised COVID test, with the result given 30 minutes later, yet we don’t have this in the UK?” until we can get to that level of testing then travelling overseas is going to become a bit of a lottery. 

• Like 1

I must admit I don't see the point of keeping what's left of the Caribbean season.  Chug over empty, to run only a few cruises and come back, what 6/7 weeks later?  I suppose the bean counters have done the sums and at the end of the day that's what counts.

Mind you if they cut the Caribbean season, but Azura re-positions from Southampton to Valletta, I think we would give consideration to going on that.

59 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

We didn’t need to pay till November but had no intentions of doing so anyway hope you’re not waiting too long for the refund

Thanks! Paid via the TA, refund today apparently. Plus FCC to be moved to another cruise, if they don't keep cancelling them.

Brian

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I guess there is no surprise in this, I think most of thought this would be the most likely outcome that there would be no further cruises in 2020. 

I suspect when they do restart it will be a limited number of ships involved, so likelihood is that cruises until late spring could be subject to cancellation.

I suspect Carnival would be seeking a negative Covid test taken within 48 hours of departure and given the mess the testing system is in now that the Government could guarantee that was possible given that only those with symptoms can have a test. 

As Richard E Grant said a couple of days ago “Please can someone explain to me why, when you land in Rome, there is a swift and well organised COVID test, with the result given 30 minutes later, yet we don’t have this in the UK?” until we can get to that level of testing then travelling overseas is going to become a bit of a lottery. 

My understanding is that the current quick response test is only about 70% accurate, which might be OK as a placebo for travellers, but offers no real assurance that you are not infected

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Maybe you haven't seen this ...?

No I hadn't, thanks. I came across the one I posted while looking for something else. I had to quickly scroll trough loads of pages to try and see what has been said (it's hard to keep up with you lot on here).  I saw mention of the video but hadn't seen it. he waffled for a long time before mentioning the cancellations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otter18 said:

Thanks! Paid via the TA, refund today apparently. Plus FCC to be moved to another cruise, if they don't keep cancelling them.

Brian

Your TA must’ve been banking your money for a couple of months before giving  it to P&O hope you get it straight away👍