Calling about price drops?

Jared2

Is this still a thing? My April 2021 TA has dropped about $150 in price, and at this point I'm expecting/hoping it won't be cancelled, but if it does get cancelled I would be cheating myself out of $187.50 additional FCC. Can you even get through when calling (I have to call with international charges, so the longer I have to spend on hold the more expensive it gets), or are they still overwhelmed with people calling about refunds?

44 minutes ago, Jared2 said:

Is this still a thing? My April 2021 TA has dropped about $150 in price, and at this point I'm expecting/hoping it won't be cancelled, but if it does get cancelled I would be cheating myself out of $187.50 additional FCC. Can you even get through when calling (I have to call with international charges, so the longer I have to spend on hold the more expensive it gets), or are they still overwhelmed with people calling about refunds?

Yes people are still calling.  The wait times now are pretty much non existent.  

3 hours ago, Jared2 said:

Unless you have paid off your cruise completely, any additional FCC is based on what you actually paid.  If you have paid it off, you would only "lose" $37.50 since you would get your $150 back up front. 

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Unless you have paid off your cruise completely, any additional FCC is based on what you actually paid.  If you have paid it off, you would only "lose" $37.50 since you would get your $150 back up front. 

So far I have only paid a $100 deposit. I booked it on board with NextCruise.

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So wouldnt it just change how much you owe? 

You said it would change fcc amount ?

If I don't get the price adjusted and Royal cancels after final payment I would get 125% of the current higher amount. If I get the price adjusted now I would get 125% of the lower amount.

Edited by Jared2

5 hours ago, Jared2 said:

If I don't get the price adjusted and Royal cancels after final payment I would get 125% of the current higher amount. If I get the price adjusted now I would get 125% of the lower amount.

In that case, you would lose $37.50.  You would pay $150.00 less and get an FCC for $187.50 less.

On the other hand, if the cruise happens, taking the price drop will save you $150.00.

Mathematically, if you think think there is better than a one in four chance that the cruise will sail, you should take the price drop.  Personally, since I think it is likely that cruise will happen, I would take the price drop.  But it's not my money. 🙂

On 9/8/2020 at 11:02 PM, notmyrealnameoremail said:

In that case, you would lose $37.50.  You would pay $150.00 less and get an FCC for $187.50 less.

On the other hand, if the cruise happens, taking the price drop will save you $150.00.

Mathematically, if you think think there is better than a one in four chance that the cruise will sail, you should take the price drop.  Personally, since I think it is likely that cruise will happen, I would take the price drop.  But it's not my money. 🙂

At this point I'm assuming it will go ahead (although I might still cancel before final payment if it looks like I will have to wear a mask, etc.), so I guess I will call and get the price adjusted, thanks!

On 9/8/2020 at 11:29 AM, Jared2 said:

If this is your plan, why don't you book the most expensive suite on the ship or for that matter on any ship that you think will get cancelled so you will get an even larger amount of compensation? 

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If this is your plan, why don't you book the most expensive suite on the ship or for that matter on any ship that you think will get cancelled so you will get an even larger amount of compensation? 

Well I might just do that and have enough FCC for inside cabins for a year 😁