Jump to content

Why won’t Regent cancel November 2020 cruises?


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Usually 4 to 6 weeks.

 

Dave

We usually get it 2 months ahead of sail date. Nothing yet for Nov. 6 trip, didn't even bother making appointments for hair, nails etc. or Dinners for that matter

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think it would take more than4 weeks to recall staff and get s

the ship ready to sail.  Staff has not been recalled ( I am FB friends with several).  Ports aren’t open.  Ship is clearly not sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mariners said:

From my perspective (living in Canada), it is possible that Regent is waiting to see if passengers from countries other than the USA would also be able to sail on the ships.  Canadians, currently, have a government advisory to "avoid all cruise ship travel".

UK Government "advises against cruise ship travel at this time" (FCO website).

We are also limited in the countries we may visit; either because of that country's entry requirements (e.g. USA) or a UK requirement to quarantine on return from some countries (e.g. France & Spain) or a combination of restrictions.

 

4 hours ago, mariners said:

If Regent believes it could safely sail; if enough passengers would sail on the ship(s); and if destinations were open for the sailing; I believe that Regent would choose to sail one or more ships.  Perhaps that is the reason they are waiting to cancel cruises.

IMO none of these reasons is remotely possible for the November 2020 Regent cruise itineraries.

 

Surely the status of November cruises will be updated by Regent early next week? 

Perhaps @Regent Seven Seas Cruises would care to come on here to provide customers with an update. It has been a while since their previous post on this thread (Sept 9,  post #16). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have held my "water" on this one while perusing continual drip-drip-drip until the inevitable outcome to this particular Drama.  Hopefully, British comrades will appreciate a certain parallel.  

 

Macbeth.  Act V, Scene VI: 

 

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time,

---

 

Out, out, brief candle!

 

[Insert here.  Any hope of any 2020 Regent sailings.]

 

Opine on this having skin in the game.   Two Regent 2020 cruises already wiped-out; another Uniworld series of June-July river boat excursions in France also canceled.  

 

Bummer.  

 

Any hope spouse and I have as to our next "scheduled" Explorer--Tokyo in April, 2021 cruise is now hanging by a slender thread.  If Explorer does not leave the 'Med very-very soon--scratch another one. 

 

In the interim. PLEASE. Mask-up!

 

GOARMY!

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pcardad:

 

Appreciate your response and opinion re: odds.  Spouse and I still have 1+month until making final payment on that 2021 cruise.  Bottom Line.  No vaccine; no cruise.  This, upon "orders" from my R.N. spouse with significant experience as to Community Health matters.

 

Regards, 

 

GOARMY!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Appreciate your response and opinion re: odds.  Spouse and I still have 1+month until making final payment on that 2021 cruise.  Bottom Line.  No vaccine; no cruise.  This, upon "orders" from my R.N. spouse with significant experience as to Community Health matters.

Wise plan.  I hope it works out for you, both getting vaccinated and sailing.  We have a booking in May 2021, with the same plan.  It sure would be nice to see something sailing before us.  I have to admit I am not as optimistic as Pcardad, though.  It may depend somewhat on what order they restart the ships.  Our final payment is in December, but we plan to use FCC for that so we won't need to make a final decision until April under Regent Reassurance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Pcardad:

 

Appreciate your response and opinion re: odds.  Spouse and I still have 1+month until making final payment on that 2021 cruise.  Bottom Line.  No vaccine; no cruise.  This, upon "orders" from my R.N. spouse with significant experience as to Community Health matters.

 

Regards, 

 

GOARMY!

 

 

LOVE the Macbeth quote !!

Would agree that Spring 2021 is about 50/50

We have written off any hope of Jan/Feb 21 to South America, will just take the FCC and pass along ( not as if you can get any return in interest anywhere else now) , Our next trip is a Splendour  May 2021 to and from Southampton , so no flights as Brits: feel this is only 50/50:   Do worry if not back in summer 21 what will remain of the Cruise Industry and indeed the aviation sector?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01 October, Singapore Air cancelled our flight to Singapore on 17 December 2020 to join our cruise on Explorer.  All the ports on the itinerary--Singapore, Bali and other ports in Indonesia, and Australia--are closed to foreign visitors through 2020.  And yet Regent STILL hasn't cancelled this cruise.  As a new cruiser to Regent, this just baffles me.  My previous mainstream cruise line has been much more transparent and consistent in its communication.  C'mon Regent, your turn!   At least keep your promise for monthly updates.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, loriva said:

On 01 October, Singapore Air cancelled our flight to Singapore on 17 December 2020 to join our cruise on Explorer.  All the ports on the itinerary--Singapore, Bali and other ports in Indonesia, and Australia--are closed to foreign visitors through 2020.  And yet Regent STILL hasn't cancelled this cruise.  As a new cruiser to Regent, this just baffles me.  My previous mainstream cruise line has been much more transparent and consistent in its communication.  C'mon Regent, your turn!   At least keep your promise for monthly updates.

 

The only thing that I can say about Regent’s actions and communications during this pandemic is that they are consistently pathetic in being open and honest With  their customers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

The only thing that I can say about Regent’s actions and communications during this pandemic is that they are consistently pathetic in being open and honest With  their customers. 

 

I don't care that they don't tell us everything. They are a corporation for profit...some information and decisions are part of their corporate profit plan...proprietary in a sense.

 

It does bother me that they promise a monthly update and then discard it as if they never promised it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've often heard it's a good policy to underpromise and overperform (thanks, Mr. Scott!) - but this seems to be the opposite.  Even if there's not much to say, say it monthly if that's what you promised.  I did see Fain over at NCL did a video the other day.  Again, from what I read didn't say much but it was an attempt, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greykitty said:

I've often heard it's a good policy to underpromise and overperform (thanks, Mr. Scott!) - but this seems to be the opposite.  Even if there's not much to say, say it monthly if that's what you promised.  I did see Fain over at NCL did a video the other day.  Again, from what I read didn't say much but it was an attempt, I guess.

 

There should be a monthly update on their website/sent to TA's - that is what we were led to believe we could count on. I understand that they may not be reday to share on those dates but a statement to that effect would work as a placeholder for a few days. Communication, when you hold millions (or more) of client funds, is pretty important.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday received email from my travel agent that Nov. 13 Barcelona to Miami cruise had been cancelled.  Now need to decide whether to book one of two possible transatlantic cruises that would retain original cost of cancelled cruise or just wait awhile. Such a dilemma!

This is off topic (sorry), but does anyone have helpful hints on how to quickly check the % of single supplement for Regent cruises?  I may choose to cruise along at some point. Thanks folks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, catenai said:

Yesterday received email from my travel agent that Nov. 13 Barcelona to Miami cruise had been cancelled.  Now need to decide whether to book one of two possible transatlantic cruises that would retain original cost of cancelled cruise or just wait awhile. Such a dilemma!

This is off topic (sorry), but does anyone have helpful hints on how to quickly check the % of single supplement for Regent cruises?  I may choose to cruise along at some point. Thanks folks.

The Regent website has a section showing 140 cruises with a single supplement less than double. (See: Single Supplements) Pick the cruise you want to check, click on “MORE DETAILS,” and then view the special offers for that cruise to see the single supplement percentage.
 

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 12:04 AM, tert333 said:

You may want to check to see if you can do a "lift and shift" like some of the other cruiselines are doing.    I recently did that with Celebrity and it worked out great.

 

I would think that Regent would prefer to keep your money and a fully paid booking sometime into the future versus refunding the money.

 

22 hours ago, catenai said:

Yesterday received email from my travel agent that Nov. 13 Barcelona to Miami cruise had been cancelled.  Now need to decide whether to book one of two possible transatlantic cruises that would retain original cost of cancelled cruise or just wait awhile.

 

We also received notification of the cancellation of the Splendor November 13 TransAtlantic crossing.

Disappointing but certainly not unexpected; it would have been good to try out the new ship.

 

As well as the offers of 100%+25% FCC or a refund we were given an "opportunity" to move our booking to an alternative cruise at the same cost as the cancelled cruise: either Splendor Nov 23, 2021; or Mariner Oct 31 2021.

But .......... both offered cruises are shorter & cheaper than the cancelled cruise and the Splendor cruise is unavailable, being fully waitlisted. 

So not such an attractive offer after all 🤨

 

We have opted for a refund.

 

 

Edited by flossie009
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...