What’s up with the Carnival Paradise???

LMKakaThing2

Currently booked on the Paradise for November 7th and noticed there’s no sailings listed until March 27, 2021. Anyone know what’s going on or is it just a glitch?

I highly doubt all of her sailings between November and the end of March have reached max capacity.

Sent from my iPhone

8 minutes ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

Currently booked on the Paradise for November 7th and noticed there’s no sailings listed until March 27, 2021. Anyone know what’s going on or is it just a glitch?

I highly doubt all of her sailings between November and the end of March have reached max capacity.

Sent from my iPhone

I sure hope they sail in February....we are booked with our kids and grandkids.  Hopefully they are just trying to make sure that it is not overbooked!! 

9 minutes ago, yogibear said:

Anyone know what percent is "Limited Capacity"?

Are they sailing with 50% or 75%??

Karen

No-one knows.  Even the reports of those recent European sailings at reduced capacity were unclear as to what those number actually were.  My guess is 75% of double-occupancy.

It could be that Carnival is watching the Covid 19 situation here in Florida and might cancel any cruise leaving from Tampa (or any other Florida port).

We are a state that opened too early and Tampa area beaches were a prime destination for Labor Day weekend.  That fact,  the insistence on in the classroom teaching, and the loosening on what little controls were in place are the perfect conditions for another wave in Covid 19 cases (we hit over 15,000 new cases two weeks after the Fourth of July and it is only within the last few weeks that infection rates have dropped).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

It could be that Carnival is watching the Covid 19 situation here in Florida and might cancel any cruise leaving from Tampa (or any other Florida port).

We are a state that opened too early and Tampa area beaches were a prime destination for Labor Day weekend.  That fact,  the insistence on in the classroom teaching, and the loosening on what little controls were in place are the perfect conditions for another wave in Covid 19 cases (we hit over 15,000 new cases two weeks after the Fourth of July and it is only within the last few weeks that infection rates have dropped).

Florida's Gov is congratulating everyone now that we have hit a patch of 2,000 to 3,000 new cases daily, down from the 10,000 to 15,000 cases per day spell from July 4th on.

But we were hovering around 1,000 cases per day until they rushed to "re-open the economy", so we are still double or triple what we had when quarantining.  Now we're wondering what the post Labor day surge will be.

Too bad we'll never know what the lowest level we could have achieved if the original stay at home orders would have been maintained.

• Like 4

OK, so, back to the OP...

🙄

In another recent thread, someone asked about their sailing on the Valor.  That ship is also not available to book through early 2021, at least what the Carnival website is show as of 13:25 9 Sept 2020.  All other expected ships show up.  (i.e. no Radiance, no Fascination, etc)

Perhaps there is something afoot with these two ships (Valor and Paradise)?

3 hours ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

Currently booked on the Paradise for November 7th and noticed there’s no sailings listed until March 27, 2021.

Purely speculation, but it could be:

• Paradise will not be returning to service at least until March (even if Carnival resumes cruises before then). Remember that a return to cruising will be in stages. Not all ships at the same time. In this case, you could expect a cancellation notice in your future. 
  • Paradise will be one of the ships that will be returning to service immediately, but the sale of remaining cabins has been blocked until March in order to re-accommodate passengers that will be displaced from ships that won't be sailing before then.

Once again, it's all speculation. At this point in time, all we can do is sit back with a big tub of buttery popcorn and wait. 

Edited by Tapi

Purely speculation, but it could be:

• Paradise will not be returning to service at least until March (even if Carnival resumes cruises before then). Remember that a return to cruising will be in stages. Not all ships at the same time. In this case, you could expect a cancellation notice in your future. 
  • Paradise will be one of the ships that will be returning to service immediately, but the sale of remaining cabins has been blocked until March in order to re-accommodate passengers that will be displaced from ships that won't be sailing before then.
Once again, it's all speculation. At this point in time, all we can do is sit back with a big tub of buttery popcorn and wait. 

OK, so, back to the OP...

[emoji849]

In another recent thread, someone asked about their sailing on the Valor.  That ship is also not available to book through early 2021, at least what the Carnival website is show as of 13:25 9 Sept 2020.  All other expected ships show up.  (i.e. no Radiance, no Fascination, etc)

Perhaps there is something afoot with these two ships (Valor and Paradise)?

I was unaware of the Valor not showing anything until early 2021. If cruising resumes in November, I do hope they’ve removed the sailings so that they can accommodate those whose sailings got cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone

11 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

I checked an on line site that I use for booking cruises.

The Paradise cruises out of Tampa are still listed but if one clicks on them, a notice comes up that booking one is temporary suspended.

Ah, a good secondary confirmation that Something Is Indeed Afoot!

Maybe someone can ping Mr Heald and see what the party line is today?

Or just wait until the end of the week - usually stuff starts getting all bollocksed up on the website for bookings a day or two before an announcement...

• Like 1

I messaged saying....the booking for the Paradise has been suspended...Are we looking at another possible cancellation?..

His response was: No..not at all, We removed it because it has reached capacity so please don't worry there are no more changes. If anything were to change we will of course let you know. 

20 minutes ago, NellieMae said:

I messaged saying....the booking for the Paradise has been suspended...Are we looking at another possible cancellation?..

His response was: No..not at all, We removed it because it has reached capacity so please don't worry there are no more changes. If anything were to change we will of course let you know. 

That clears it up. 

46 minutes ago, NellieMae said:

Well, of course that's what he's going to say - my suggestion was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  If the sailings through Feb are about to be cancelled, he has zero authority to release that info.

He said the same type of thing prior to the previous rounds of cancellations.  He has to.  I don't envy his position.

I guess we'll just have to wait'n'see, like always...

15 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, of course that's what he's going to say - my suggestion was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.  If the sailings through Feb are about to be cancelled, he has zero authority to release that info.

He said the same type of thing prior to the previous rounds of cancellations.  He has to.  I don't envy his position.

I guess we'll just have to wait'n'see, like always...

I  agreee   I have a feeling that they  are about to release another set of cancellations through December....... NCL pulled all of their November cruises off of their site....