What’s up with the Carnival Paradise???

LMKakaThing2

9 hours ago, NellieMae said:

I messaged saying....the booking for the Paradise has been suspended...Are we looking at another possible cancellation?..

His response was: No..not at all, We removed it because it has reached capacity so please don't worry there are no more changes. If anything were to change we will of course let you know. 

8 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I  agreee   I have a feeling that they  are about to release another set of cancellations through December....... NCL pulled all of their November cruises off of their site....

8 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

it does not............  so alll cruises through Feb 2021 are booked to cap?  oh yeah!!   

Wow, thanks for the information, NellieMae! It’s nice to know that we can always count on the brand ambassador for accurate and up-to-date information. Looks like Paradise is still on track to sail as scheduled as nothing is in the travel notices or health advisories. As it stands, Carnival remains confident for a November rebound and I couldn’t be more excited for them bringing the fun back to you.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, Homosassa said:

Evanand bob, Unfortunately the statistics for Covid 19 in Florida are not as transparent as they should be.  

A big problem is the lack of reporting of new cases in the schools (I know that my county, Citrus, does not report them).

They do. Here is a link.

https://www.citrusschools.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=737701&pageId=27825570

Yep.  Got my I'm sorry we are cancelling your cruise email today.  I was really looking forward to that cruise.  The dates worked perfectly.  But, I am going to take advantage of the future cruise and onboard credit and book another cruise soon. 

4 minutes ago, JoLee2408 said:

Yep.  Got my I'm sorry we are cancelling your cruise email today.  I was really looking forward to that cruise.  The dates worked perfectly.  But, I am going to take advantage of the future cruise and onboard credit and book another cruise soon. 

Mine was cancelled too, but have not yet received the email. I need that email for closure 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Yeah, this is a fairly new addition to the web page and was not available at the time of my original post.

No surprise that the cruises from Tampa have been canceled. I can't see any cruise lines taking a chance on any departures from Florida for the next six months. 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:41 PM, Tapi said:

Purely speculation, but it could be:

Paradise will not be returning to service at least until March (even if Carnival resumes cruises before then). Remember that a return to cruising will be in stages. Not all ships at the same time. In this case, you could expect a cancellation notice in your future. 

Dang. I think this is the first time I’ve speculated about something on Cruise Critic and it actually happened. I need to frame this post! 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Yeah, this is a fairly new addition to the web page and was not available at the time of my original post.

No surprise that the cruises from Tampa have been canceled. I can't see any cruise lines taking a chance on any departures from Florida for the next six months. 

Has nothing to do with being in Tampa,  the Paradise is going into dry dock.  Also, cruising will begin out of Florida for all cruise lines. 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:23 PM, Homosassa said:

Evanand bob, Unfortunately the statistics for Covid 19 in Florida are not as transparent as they should be.  

A big problem is the lack of reporting of new cases in the schools (I know that my county, Citrus, does not report them).

I was just Interested in your name mainly, do you live in Homosassa I assume? My in-laws live there! 

Our 2-18-21 cruise was cancelled, but we have yet to receive the email.  Fortunately, we were able to find the link to ask for the FCC instead of the refund.  It took some effort to get the cruise booked to begin with since we had to coordinate with 3 families, so hopefully we can get a new one worked out.