Summer 2022 - Brochure Launch

majortom10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tuesday 3 November 2020 - Register your interest from 8.30am on Tuesday 3 November to 8pm Sunday 8 November 2020

Monday 9 November 2020 – from 8.30am bookings open exclusively for Caribbean, Baltic and Ligurian tier members of our P&O Cruises Peninsular Club.

Wednesday 11 November 2020 – from 8:30am holidays sailing between March to July 2022 will be on general sale.

Thursday 12 November 2020 – from 8:30am holidays sailing between March to October 2022 will be on general sale.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

Tuesday 3 November 2020 - Register your interest from 8.30am on Tuesday 3 November to 8pm Sunday 8 November 2020

Monday 9 November 2020 – from 8.30am bookings open exclusively for Caribbean, Baltic and Ligurian tier members of our P&O Cruises Peninsular Club.

Wednesday 11 November 2020 – from 8:30am holidays sailing between March to July 2022 will be on general sale.

Thursday 12 November 2020 – from 8:30am holidays sailing between March to October 2022 will be on general sale.

I don’t think we’ll be rushing to book for the new ‘experience’ 😷😷😷

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Cheers,

All that's missing is a date when the new digital brochure will be available to start to plan.

2 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

I don’t think we’ll be rushing to book for the new ‘experience’ 😷😷😷

I might be ‘shifting’ our 55 night Amazon cruise in Jan 2022 to something closer to home. But I won’t be making a brand new booking

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think that makes two of us (and in reality I guess 100s of us!)

We won't be making a booking either, but I'll look through and save some interesting ones onto ❤️just in case I need to move a deposit later on.

Avril

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think that makes two of us (and in reality I guess 100s of us!)

Because we need an accessible cabin we will be browsing the offers and looking to book one or two, that's assuming they are still offering a low deposit.  We have an FCC that might cover almost two deposits if prices are still reasonable.  I have already written off the FCC so even if we ultimately find something better, it won't worry us to forfeit the deposits.

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We won't be making a booking either, but I'll look through and save some interesting ones onto ❤️just in case I need to move a deposit later on.

Avril

Good morning Avril,

I posted yesterday on another thread that P&O had announced via a comment on their official Facebook page that the transfer policy was temporary and subject to change at any time. 

No one knows when this is but there is a rumour that it will overlap with the launch of the brochure.  If so, and you definitely don't want to try out the new "experience" then I'd move your deposit/s sooner rather than later.

We have the same issue with "legacy" bookings for 2021/22 from the previous brochure launch.  I'll be watching carefully!!

3 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Good morning Avril,

I posted yesterday on another thread that P&O had announced via a comment on their official Facebook page that the transfer policy was temporary and subject to change at any time. 

No one knows when this is but there is a rumour that it will overlap with the launch of the brochure.  If so, and you definitely don't want to try out the new "experience" then I'd move your deposit/s sooner rather than later.

We have the same issue with "legacy" bookings for 2021/22 from the previous brochure launch.  I'll be watching carefully!!

We have already moved a deposit to a March 2022 cruise. Depending in launch pricing we might move ut again to a 2023 cruise. However, I certainly won't be putting any "new" money into a future booking.

• Like 1

Just now, wowzz said:

We have already moved a deposit to a March 2022 cruise. Depending in launch pricing we might move ut again to a 2023 cruise. However, I certainly won't be putting any "new" money into a future booking.

We are bothered that the flexible transfer policy will change back to standard cancellation terms for any transfers made to cruises in the new brochure. 

The flexibility to ditch and switch beyond the end of the "new" brochure in October 22 would be tempting but not sure it is definitely on offer yet.

Change to standard cancellation terms and our deposits would be effectively lost due to the £100 penalty charge, forcing us in to a dispute route.  Feels a blooming parking ticket...😤

No way am I paying them any more real money for that "experience."

Our main issue is having to negotiate with a travel insurance company for a refund if P&O determine that we cannot travel because we either have, may have have been exposed to, or live in an area which may have been exposed to Covid-19.  How can anyone know this 90 days out and yet still be expected to put thousands of pounds at risk, minus an excess? 

Plus I'm not paying for any tests, from Boots, or anywhere else - plainly ridiculous.  It has to be the company's liability; P&O just have to clear that up.

• Like 1

I will look through the cruises and earmark those of interest but won't book. Firstly, I am concerned that P and O may not be around in 2022 (Someone shared a post stating that Bankruptcy for Carnival was still an option,) secondly I would be concerned that if I booked anything at a time when the FCO was advising against cruising, that I may not be covered if I subsequently had to cancel or was taken ill onboard. Very pessimistic view I know but I would prefer to wait even if it means paying higher prices at a later date. Occasionally in the past, I have booked a cruise as soon as it is released only to find a cruise I prefer,  sailing on a similar date with a different company or I've cancelled because a niece or nephew has decided to get married when I had planned a cruise !

Will browse but will not be booking at least not until I have seen Cunard's Summer 2022 release because we have a FCD and deposit FCC for cruise we should be on at the moment. Looking at October/November 2022 initially so hopefully by then in 2 years time there will be a vaccine and all the restrictions onboard will be lifted and hopefully back to normal. Also considering moving our already booked cruise on Britannia in May 2021 to a cruise sometime in 2022.

Edited by majortom10

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Good morning Avril,

The deposit I may need to move is an already moved deposit from our cancelled November cruise to one in June. 

Avril

I feel the same, not rushing to book anything while these conditions stand.  I have the luxury of an FCC simply sitting on our account to be used by December 2021, so can simply sit back and wait.  Still got 2 cruises booked for 2021 with £50 deposits, so might have to move those onto something, but don't want to pay any more.  Wonder if I can combine the FCc with the deposit.  Doubtful.

47 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Also, surely they must release these prior to November 3rd.  Their website will crash if everybody goes to look on that day!

They try not  to release the itineraries until the planned date  but that Eskimo house lot have been known to load them onto their website a bit in advance, and there is an Oz travel agent that does the same.

7 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I might be ‘shifting’ our 55 night Amazon cruise in Jan 2022 to something closer to home. But I won’t be making a brand new booking

We’ve got a 28 day B2B and a 30 day one booked if things haven’t improved by then and they won’t refund we’ll go down the chargeback route as they’re not providing the goods advertised at time of purchase

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Also, surely they must release these prior to November 3rd.  Their website will crash if everybody goes to look on that day!

Do we know if there's going to be a printed brochure sent to people through the post as well?

12 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

We’ve got a 28 day B2B and a 30 day one booked if things haven’t improved by then and they won’t refund we’ll go down the chargeback route as they’re not providing the goods advertised at time of purchase

I must admit, I'm really wondering what to do for the best.

I know that I no longer want to go on the cruise. Even though it's not until January 2022, after all that has happened, its too far from home and too long to be away.

So do I move it to a shorter closer to home cruise for summer 2022, when brochures are launched, which means that I accept all the new protocols if still in force by then.

Wait and see what happens and move the cruise later, risking very high fares for any new cruise I may move too.

Wait and go down the charge back route if the cruise is not as originally sold to me.

Wait for P&O to cancel - I don't think the world will be ready for long cruises in 15 months time, so I believe this cruise will be unlikely to happen.

I normally find it easy to make decisions, but I'm struggling on this. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

we’ll go down the chargeback route

While I totally agree with you about the cruise no longer being the same as the one you booked. I suspect that you will find it difficult to get the cc company to agree.

Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

• Like 1