Cruise Withdrawals -- Anyone Else???

doone

No, we expect to be doing other forms of travel.  Hopefully two months of international travel next fall and two months next winter.

We do not anticipate that an effective vaccine will be widely available until the end of Q1/21, possibly Q2.  No interest in jumping on a ship right away.  Happy to wait.   The last thing we want is be stuck on the MS Covid.  We have little faith that the cruise lines will place our health and well being ahead of their financial interests.  Window dressing will not work for us.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2

I always watch cruises on youtube. I sailed in January, lost a good friendship after that, and I wanted to go again. Alone. To get over the loss of that friendship, and proving to myself that I can be happy without him. But yeah,  I have to wait a while 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, iancal said:

Thinking about other travel options instead.

Thinking about other travel options is what I am doing as well.  But, while several "not too far from home" options attract me, I simply feel that "it's just too soon to do so".  Just as I was about to screw up my courage and venture out for my first in-restaurant dining since mid-March, that CDC report appears that connects positive Covid tests with those who had dined in a restaurant within the last 2 weeks. 

I have not given up hope for another cruise.  But, the clock is ticking as to whether it is wise for me to attempt another one.   

7 minutes ago, WheelieNick said:

For me, it is a cruise or no vacation. But I am in luck.... I am only 25 years old. So I can afford to wait a while. 

And for now, I am reading a lot about cruise ships, the technique, how they function. 

That will get me through Covid times! 

Timing is everything, isn’t it?   This was supposed to be my first trial retirement year.  I had three big trips planned along with my regular business related travel which includes Arizona in the winter and the Rockies in the summer.   Foolish or not, if they sail, I will be there!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Thinking about other travel options is what I am doing as well.  But, while several "not too far from home" options attract me, I simply feel that "it's just too soon to do so".  Just as I was about to screw up my courage and venture out for my first in-restaurant dining since mid-March, that CDC report appears that connects positive Covid tests with those who had dined in a restaurant within the last 2 weeks. 

I have not given up hope for another cruise.  But, the clock is ticking as to whether it is wise for me to attempt another one.   

We've been dining out a couple times per week since June.  Planning 10 weeks in Florida this winter.  We've given up on cruising until 2022 at this point though.  Not because of virus fear, but because we have no interest in masking up on a cruise full of restrictions.  Or worse getting locked up on a quarantined prison ship 🙂

Edited by bouhunter

2 hours ago, WheelieNick said:

But I am in luck.... I am only 25 years old. So I can afford to wait a while. 

I was 27 when I first sailed on a cruise:  Rotterdam V.  Indeed, God willing, may you have many more years ahead of you to enjoy exploring this magnificent world whether by ship or any other means available.