Jump to content

Early Boarding


Recommended Posts

Has never had one in the past and I think the chances of such a program once cruising resumes are literally zero.

 

They will need extra time on turnover day for sanitation and the like.  My guess is that everyone will have a set embarkation time, staggered by volume, and you will not be able to board outside of those times, save extenuating circumstances (late plane arrival, e.g.).

I really think the days of "I always arrive at 11AM even though my boarding time says 2PM" are likely over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have  had a package called Premier Pass.  It included priority boarding, a bottle of Veuve Clicquot , a  Inside the Ship tour, unlimited internet (2 devices) , lunch with an Officer,  Captains Toast & photo,  food & wine pairing and 1 bag laundry.  Price is currently $39.95 adult per day. Both parties in a cabin must purchase the package.

 

We have not done this but from reading reviews from those that have, the tour, lunch,  and food and wine pairing were group events.  The Veuve Clicquot and launry are 1 per stateroom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Concierges, Aquas  and Suites have Priority Check In, but now with the pandemic nobody knows what is going to happen, when you do the online check in you will have the boarding time.

Edited by gerelmx
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

They have  had a package called Premier Pass.  It included priority boarding, a bottle of Veuve Clicquot , a  Inside the Ship tour, unlimited internet (2 devices) , lunch with an Officer,  Captains Toast & photo,  food & wine pairing and 1 bag laundry.  Price is currently $39.95 adult per day. Both parties in a cabin must purchase the package.

 

We have not done this but from reading reviews from those that have, the tour, lunch,  and food and wine pairing were group events.  The Veuve Clicquot and launry are 1 per stateroom.

As everything other than the Internet is a one-off item, I fail to see why there is a daily fee. You are effectively paying $80 a day just for the Internet after Day 1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As everything other than the Internet is a one-off item, I fail to see why there is a daily fee. You are effectively paying $80 a day just for the Internet after Day 1.  

 

I agree with you, I was just stating what the package includes and that both must purchase it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

May be more sensible to upgrade to a suite...board when you like, meet the officers event in Michael’s/Retreat, Fizz in your room on boarding, bridge tours and galley tours by arrangement with the concierge...Plus, not included in the premier pass, access to Luminae and the Retreat lounge/deck...

 

Just pay up front for a bigger room and no daily charge...

 

After being quite cynical about the pass I am sure it will suit some people...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I hope they assign Concierge passengers early boarding times, since the Concierge luncheon in the MDR is limited to 11:30-1:30.   It's a tight window.  

They haven't in the past, so we've ignored the time allocated to us. Whether the new protocols, whatever they may be, will result in Celebrity taking this into account remains to be seen. 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

They haven't in the past, so we've ignored the time allocated to us. Whether the new protocols, whatever they may be, will result in Celebrity taking this into account remains to be seen. 🤞

We were assigned early last time we sailed concierges class

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my contacts in the travel industry and according to what I have read (and this could change) everyone will be assigned a boarding time to prevent overcrowding of the terminal.

Boarding times will be strictly enforced.

I am afraid the old "I will get to the terminal and board early" will be a thing of the past.

At least until this Covid thing is over.

 

Edited by Ravbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

I hope they assign Concierge passengers early boarding times, since the Concierge luncheon in the MDR is limited to 11:30-1:30.   It's a tight window.  

This is my concern with suite class. Luminae is only from 11:30 or noon to 1:30 on embarkation day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.  Our next & 1st Celebrity cruise isn't until March 27 so hoping things are a little more "normal" by then.  Purchased FTF on last years Carnival cruise and found it to be worth the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ravbo said:

According to my contacts in the travel industry and according to what I have read (and this could change) everyone will be assigned a boarding time to prevent overcrowding of the terminal.

Boarding times will be strictly enforced.

I am afraid the old "I will get to the terminal and board early" will be a thing of the past.

At least until this Covid thing is over.

 

I think you are likely correct.  But that could create some big problems for people.  Flights get there at all hours of the day, and hotels want you out the door usually by 11:00 or so.  Where do you go/what do you do if you have a very late boarding time and a very early flight arrival or hotel check-out?  Will it just be shifting the crowds elsewhere??  It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They will enforce your boarding time so it is up to you to arrive at the correct time.   You will probably be waiting outside in the elements if you arrive early.   I don’t know what the cruise lines will do if you arrive late and this can easily happen because of traffic or airline delays.   We always arrive at least a day early and stay in a hotel.   Guess we will wait in the hotel lobby until the right time where we will have free WiFi and air conditioning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

They will enforce your boarding time so it is up to you to arrive at the correct time.   You will probably be waiting outside in the elements if you arrive early.   I don’t know what the cruise lines will do if you arrive late and this can easily happen because of traffic or airline delays.   We always arrive at least a day early and stay in a hotel.   Guess we will wait in the hotel lobby until the right time where we will have free WiFi and air conditioning.

Absolutely correct.  We have no clue how things will happen except likely to be different.

CLIA presented this week to the CDC so with a month or two we should have some guidelines on cruise line procedures and new CDC guidelines.

As others have said, any comment is pure speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

They will enforce your boarding time so it is up to you to arrive at the correct time.   You will probably be waiting outside in the elements if you arrive early.   I don’t know what the cruise lines will do if you arrive late and this can easily happen because of traffic or airline delays.   We always arrive at least a day early and stay in a hotel.   Guess we will wait in the hotel lobby until the right time where we will have free WiFi and air conditioning.

 Rather than sit in a hotel lobby we would:

request late check out and sleep in, or

leave luggage at the hotel and go buy wine, snacks to take onboard, and have brunch, or

book a 3-4 be tour with drop off at the  ship, or

rent a  car and explore the port city

go for a long walk to burn off a few of the martinis I’ll drink on day 1

Sitting in a hotel lobby for 2-4  hours waiting to head to the.port would start the cruise on a downer so we would find a way to make use of the time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On one of our last cruises on EDGE they boarded Concierge ahead of AQ Class  so they could get to the luncheon. They were pushing Concierge Class, so they had many perks & priorities, and even a pvt party in the area  in front of the thermal suite area. AQ Class ..nothing more than BLU and Thermal Suite, which  are included in the fare .

 

They will probably revise boarding procedures to fit the safety and health procedures at check in.  Our next cruise ( hopefully)  will be in a suite...so hope there is some priority given...one of the reasons to go up a level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really am amazed at some folks worried about missing a lunch. I would rather the ships are sanitized and safe than getting lunch.

We cruised Princess out of Sydney 15 years ago Transpacific and were sat in the Terminal for 4 hours as they had a norovirus outbreak on the previous cruise. Lunch was supplied in the terminal a packet of potato chips, a sandwich and bottle of water. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Also Concierges, Aquas  and Suites have Priority Check In, but now with the pandemic nobody knows what is going to happen, when you do the online check in you will have the boarding time.

Elite too. 

We have never boarded by assigned timing, as Deck 6 WAS one of the last to board, but as we have Elite status, we drove to the port when we had checked out of the hotel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...