US ready to sail.

Hmmm, count me out.

I think MSC has been lucky. Italy appears to be heading into a second wave.

The number of cases appears to be dropping in Florida but their seven day average is still twice that of the whole of Italy. And I don't trust the US numbers at the moment, they may not be doing as many tests as they should be leading up to the election.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hmmm, count me out.

The number of cases appears to be dropping in Florida but their seven day average is still twice that of the whole of Italy. And I don't trust the US numbers at the moment, they may not be doing as many tests as they should be leading up to the election.

Someone on the Princess board says that the 'positive rate' - assume they mean % positive of tests done - is 13.5%. That is huge. Shows the numbers are much higher than reported. Positive test rate to catch most cases is said to be less than 1%. Victoria's positive test rate yesterday was 0.23, for example.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hmmm, count me out.

Numbers here will be going up in the next few weeks..many are not following any protocol.  Against their constitutional rights

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Numbers here will be going up in the next few weeks..many are not following any protocol.  Against their constitutional rights

Bloody idiots!

Hang in there, BRANDEE, don't catch a second dose of it.

It will be interesting to watch... as a lot of people of the princess board seam ready to go.. now....

Us we will sit and wait.....    one can only hope for everybody sake... the first cruises do not go belly up..

Still waiting for the day when one can go on the red and white ship to Tassie...

Cheers Don

I did feel there was a touch of irony in this event being held in Miami.  Which is still pretty closed because of the huge numbers.

The comparisons to bars and restaurants. Hmm, opened in other parts of Florida. Then many closed again because of the second wave.

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bloody idiots!

Hang in there, BRANDEE, don't catch a second dose of it.

Ironic, that they are making a vaccine, but they still do not know if you have antibodies..do you have immunity? 

Hubby and I have donated convalescent plasma three times.  Got another call so that means we still have more antibodies..but I am still getting bouts of fatigue so putting my donation card away. (for now) 

The 4 grandkids spent long weekends with us this August.  We had a fabulous time cooking, swimming and gambling.  They returned to school this week so we will be quarantining from them for at least two/three weeks to see how things go at their schools. 

We wear masks  at all stores and have not eaten indoors yet.  Only once at an outdoor restaurant, but fall is here and it is getting cooler. Have not seen my two good friends for months, they do not follow self distancing and other precautions so I will not be with them. One of them used the word hoax and through the grace of God I did not smack her.  Patience....

Planing vacations for the next year and hoping we can do them.  I can not believe how many Princess bloggers are foaming at the mouth to cruise asap. I will cruise again, but with a vaccine..booked for Mar 2022.  Almost a freebie from Princess for the cancelled one to Fiji this March, but the price of the cruise is close to $1000 more than last year's 14 day to Caribbean. 

Take care and be safe my friend!

• Like 1

Well I'm almost foaming at the mouth to cruise again but that doesn't mean I'll actually step onto a cruise ship until I'm comfortable that it will be as safe as it can be, which probably means a vaccine.

I know one thing though, if I ever go on another cruise where someone coughs heavily right next to me or my DH without covering their mouth, as happened to us last year, I'll give them such an earblasting it will probably blow them right off the ship!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1