Jump to content

Any Hope for November?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

okay, nice! My only concern with the more expensive cruise lines is the level of formal dress expected.  I've worked from home for over 17 years and would feel uncomfortable dressing up every day, let alone wearing an evening gown to dinner.  That's something I will also take into consideration when booking my next cruise.  

Neither Princess nor RCCL require evening gowns. Just a nice dress or pants and top. Tie not even required for gentlemen on Princess. Not sure RCCL as I went sans DH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol the bet was between Galveston and LA. 

 

Isn't it still fire season in calif in November... so I'm not driving across calif either to get to the port. One of my friends was complaining the air here is tainted from those fires. 

   
   Hi,

   Due to climate change, we tend to get fires year -  round now. Traditionally fire season came in the Fall. Growing up it wasn’t unusual to watch the TV News on Thanksgiving & seeing the exhausted fire fighters eating their T-giving Dinner on a rest break from a major situation. 
  If you see the news we are in the Sierra Madre, Monrovia, Arcadia Bobcat Fire Zone. We have been watching them very closely. This morning was mandatory evacuations in our little town & Arcadia, for those homes smack against the Mountains. The Super Tankers were fantastic in the early evening tonight ... thank the Universe to ALL the Fire Fighters. We have thick smoke yes, have all week, but not a house burned that we know of ❤️🌌❤️🌌

 

🛳🛳

  Bobbi  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moviela said:

 

The port in Long Beach is open now. It has never closed. Note that the Cruise terminal is not controlled by the Port of Long Beach. The cruise terminal is controlled by Carnival. They have already said they are open in November. They have used the down time to make improvements in the traffic and parking near the Dome to sweeten the experience of embarkation. 

 

Long Beach is in LA County, but they are not controlled by the county health department. The city is one of three in California with their own health department 


 

 Thanks for the info, I didn’t know that. So, nothing is stopping people from L.A. County & any nearby restricted County, to go to Long Beach to Party or Cruise and then go back home?

 I’ll be blunt, I don’t like that at all. But, rest assured I’m in the miniority.  This going to bars & inside events outside your county, then driving home, makes no sense to me. 
 

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moviela said:

 

The port in Long Beach is open now. It has never closed. Note that the Cruise terminal is not controlled by the Port of Long Beach. The cruise terminal is controlled by Carnival. They have already said they are open in November. They have used the down time to make improvements in the traffic and parking near the Dome to sweeten the experience of embarkation. 

 

Long Beach is in LA County, but they are not controlled by the county health department. The city is one of three in California with their own health department 

Nobody said it was closed...................  Carnival doesn't own the port of Long Beach.....  There is more than the cruise ternminal at Queen Mary, there is the  cargo  terminal....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Nobody said it was closed...................  Carnival doesn't own the port of Long Beach.....  There is more than the cruise terminal at Queen Mary, there is the  cargo  terminal....

 

OK, OK, The City of Long Beach owns the Port of Long Beach, and that entity controls cargo traffic in the port. The City of Long Beach owns the Queen Mary, the dome and most of the surrounding land. That land and improvements are leased until 2082 to a private company called Urban Commons. Carnival has taken control of the dome, the dock, and support structures. Carnival controls the Cruise Terminal. The city does not have control of the Cruise terminal, or how it is used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evandbob said:

 

Hope to cruise, maybe not yet faith, but will the cruise lines show some charity towards us customers?

 

Always thought faith, hope & charity went together?

What does your post mean? What are you looking for?

 

Maybe means nothing? Meant to be funny play on words I assume.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I just saw something elsewhere where NCL said they have no further cancellations to announce. I honestly think the cruise lines plan to restart in November.

Nice!!

 

I was thinking about booking a Nov/Dec cruise but also wonder about ports and if cruisers will be allowed off the boat, let alone go on excursions.  that's a deal breaker for me.  I cruise to see the world, not just go cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

Nice!!

 

I was thinking about booking a Nov/Dec cruise but also wonder about ports and if cruisers will be allowed off the boat, let alone go on excursions.  that's a deal breaker for me.  I cruise to see the world, not just go cruise. 

I've seen all the ports I'm booked for before so they dont matter to me. I'll enjoy the ship and seeing the ocean and getting away and being waited on. I'd have to fly somewhere to see new ports and not quite ready for that yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I just saw something elsewhere where NCL said they have no further cancellations to announce. I honestly think the cruise lines plan to restart in November.

 

NCL recently moved ships to cool layup which will mean they will take longer and be more expensive to restart than if they left things the way they have been all summer. Not a signal to me they intend to restart in November. 

Edited by sanger727
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

 

NCL recently moved ships to cool layup which will mean they will take longer and be more expensive to restart than if they left things the way they have been all summer. Not a signal to me they intend to restart in November. 

I was talking about carnival actually. I dont follow ncl, just saw their announcement.

 

Im saying the lack of cancellations says to me some cruises might go in November. Every day they go without cancelling is a positive sign. I'm only booked on rcl and carnival. ...and not until February. I am thinking more positive than I was just a month ago February has a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The CDC has not even started putting together a plan to allow the start of cruising again as they are still taking public comments until tomorrow. Once the public comment period ends it will take several weeks or more to put a plan together. Once that happens the cruise lines need to get ships ready and crew in place. It isn't going to happen in the next 6-10 weeks.

What the cruise lines really want is to get up and running for the high revenue holiday season. Roughly Dec 19 thru Jan 5th.

November cruising isn't going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...