Good News Queensland has zero cases of Corona Virus

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is good news.

How long until it will be known if there are any outbreaks following the infected taxi driver?  They are certainly taking every precaution asking people to get tested and to self isolate for 14 days, who have visited listed places.

I notice that warnings have been increased re being inside is 20 times more dangerous for catching the virus versus being outside.  This is why NYC banned inside dining and gave cafes permission to make outside dining areas on footpaths.  I think Melbourne is now going to do the same.

And the score is 1 all, Qld and NSW had one positive overnight.  Time to open that border up north.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Just reported. NSW has again, for the 4th day in a row, recorded only 1 locally acquired case. Still the border with QLD will be closed until the end of the month and a decision to re-open will not be considered until then. 😷

It would not surprise me that when Qld does open up the border with NSW, they will restrict NSW postcodes, i.e. SW Sydney and perhaps even my area, NSW South Coast, following the visit of the taxi driver to Milton/Ulladulla, Batemans Bay etc. I hope no positive results pop up here out of that visit.

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  So the majority of restrictions are due to be relaxed at the end of Oct. 

What are you most looking forward to at the end of Sept.?

It won't make any difference to us Marion, except that we will be able to meet up with family members to a maximum of 5 people in public but the 5 km limit will still apply at this stage, so we won't be able to see our grandsons and daughteror son in law. Only able to see our son or daughter in law and rwo granddaughters.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  So the majority of restrictions are due to be relaxed at the end of Oct. 

What are you most looking forward to at the end of Sept.?

Actually nothing .....except it will only 26 days before it could be possible to escape

As until then only 4 reason to leave home and stay within 5km

So roll on 26th of October.... it is a bit like a carrot always out of reach....

It would be better if it was more like a box of chocolates...

Cheers Don 

Edited by getting older slowly

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Ease off a bit.

I am trying to eat my lockdown lunch. Beef and Guinness pie does not go well with rabbitings.

Have a change tomorrow Adrian, perhaps a Magpie pie, sounds good, or even a Crow pie, all the way from Adelaide.😁

Edited by NSWP

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Still it is illegal to kill one, along with most wild birds, so eating them would not likely go sit well.

Maybe Garlos could do a Swan pie, their CEO Sean, is a former Rabbittoh player and fottball manager, so def no bunny pies.

21 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm not sure of the legality, but any white ones would be feral swans and up for grabs.

There s a colony of white swans on the Avon River in Northam. About 100km east of Perth.

They were introduced late 19th century.

7 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Ignore this post I was mistaken.

Just one of those odd things you know about when you grow up nearby.

As kids we would always see the black swans in Perth. But had day trips to Northam and see the white ones. We thought them very strange.

41 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

As kids we would always see the black swans in Perth. But had day trips to Northam and see the white ones. We thought them very strange.

As a kid we would go on holidays down the Shoalhaven/Jervis Bay area. I remember one particular lagoon where black swans in their hundreds would take to the wing all at once. Heaven help you if you were under their flight path as they would lighten their load by opening up their bomb bay doors just as they got into the air.

I haven't seen flocks that big for years.

From 1st October, people can travel into Qld. from Byron Bay, Ballina, Lismore, Richmond Valley and Glen Innes.  People will need to get a permit.  Queenslanders can now travel to those places also.  Quite a lot of Queenslanders have holiday houses in Northern Rivers. 

ABC News

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Like 1

Great news for NSW. 😀😷

"NSW coronavirus milestone as no locally acquired cases identified for first time in 106 days" ABC

SA is considering opening up to NSW, if there are no locally transmitted cases before midnight tonight.

Meanwhile, in QLD, "Dr Young and Mr Miles have repeatedly said that until there are 28 consecutive days of no community transmission in New South Wales, border restrictions will remain in place. He said there would be a "major review" of the border restrictions at the end of this month." ABC

18 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Just one of those odd things you know about when you grow up nearby.

Hence the Swan Lager from Perth, was that an Alan Bond Brew? I did have a few stubbies of the Swan Premium Lagers  30 odd years ago, not a bad drop.  I think Swan is now made in South Australia.

th (3).jpg

Edited by NSWP