Good News Queensland has zero cases of Corona Virus

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I believe NSW is doing a very good job, with their containment of the virus.

"NSW has recorded six new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours and the only case of local transmission was already in isolation. Five of the new cases are returned travellers in hotel quarantine."

Only one locally acquired.😷

Source -ABC

So there is really only one case. 🙂Returning travellers are counted, but as they are not caused by community transmission, they are not of concern to the wider community.

29 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So there is really only one case. 🙂Returning travellers are counted, but as they are not caused by community transmission, they are not of concern to the wider community.

As long as they stay isolated and no one in quarantine (guards, etc) spreads it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

No negative effect? What about the millions lost in tourism, eg millions lost by accommodation providers, hospitality etc.  Queenslanders cannot make that sort of money up.  Perhaps Queenslanders should start going out for lunch and dinner every day and spending on tourism in their own State, because no one else can get into the joint. 

That's the thing. Restaurant spending has completely recovered in QLD so those business aren't feeling the pain. In fact, they are even better off as not only that, they've had the Australian taxpayer subsidising their operations with labour cost (most significant cost) being paid by us under Jobkeeper due to the immediate downturn in March. That's why there isn't any internal pressure; they think things are great with the internal restrictions but making even more money. 

Of course that changes at the end of this month, but with business still generally good, they don't see any significant downside... I'm all right Jack...

Edited by The_Big_M

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Queensland is open to people from WA, SA, Tas, NT, northern NSW and soon the ACT. That's not nobody else, unless only NSW and Vic count as real people.

If other states want in then they'd do better to manage their own Covid than complain about other's restrictions.

Funny that. The restrictions only apply to the states which have carried the burden of receiving the bulk of international travellers, and had coronavirus flowing on from that.

It's oh so easy to sit back and blame others when you handle only a very small proportion of arrivals -- less than your share -  yourself, and hence lean on others to do the hard work for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Back to the topic sort of, CEO of FC predicts the Qld Premier will open the border in a few weeks, maybe he has the inside knowledge.

I have suggested for a little while now that the border will open pretty soon after the election, irrespective of who wins. For one team, an election win will take away the political advantage they consider gained by keeping the border closed, for the other it will just make sense. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

It's oh so easy to sit back and blame others when you handle only a very small proportion of arrivals

Arrivals are a Federal responsibility. At least they have been claiming that for years. If the Feds had been serious about arrivals they could have used the airports in territory that they control in Canberra and Darwin. Instead they prevailed on NSW to pull their chestnuts out of the fire.

50 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

It's oh so easy to sit back and blame others

What blame? The reality is that all that has to happen is for NSW to get it's covid load under control for long enough. It doesn't matter where the covid comes from, whether Melbourne or overseas, the problem is that it's there and we don't want it here wrecking our economy.

It's interesting how it's OK for NSW to close its border to Victorians, but it's beyond the pale for Qld to inconvenience NSW. It's beyond hypocrisy, it's cynical political opportunism to damage the Queensland government just before an election.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

What blame? The reality is that all that has to happen is for NSW to get it's covid load under control for long enough. It doesn't matter where the covid comes from, whether Melbourne or overseas, the problem is that it's there and we don't want it here wrecking our economy.

As I said when you have an outbreak in Queensland and you will it will be interesting to see how you respond. Remember what happened in Texas and Florida.

2 minutes ago, mr walker said:

For one team, an election win will take away the political advantage they consider gained by keeping the border closed, for the other it will just make sense.

By the same token, when does the NSW/Vic border open?

The whingers are trying to snooker the Qld government. If Qld opens up and Covid cases increase, as they inevitably would, the Qld govt cops all the blame on the front page of the Courier Mail for every day of the election. If they don't open up they get to call them cruel wreckers of the economy.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

As I said when you have an outbreak in Queensland and you will it will be interesting to see how you respond.

NSW would treat us exactly the same way they treated Vic. They'd be mad not to.

Unlike Texas and Florida, Queensland has a government that takes the virus very seriously and listens to medical experts. The response from those US states wasn't just bad, it was diabolical and a fine example of how to not to manage the virus.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I am not commenting anymore on border closures, every time I make a comment I get in strife. All the Premiers are playing ducks and drakes, just open the whole country up before I migrate to Peru.😝

from reading this thread it sounds like a civil war is about to break out.😳

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

With all this political talk, I fear that this thread will disappear.😒 Time to take my chill out pill. It is nearly 4 O'clock drinkies. 🥂

Best thing I have read on here all day, I will pretend daylight saving has commenced and make it 5.05pm. Have a double Tassie Whisky.🥃

Edited by NSWP

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

.....just open the whole country up before I migrate to Peru.😝

Not sure Peru is the answer Uncle Les. Might find there be no pies, no IGA or no Dan Murhpy's there😮

Anyway, its getting close to Happy Hour, so we should all chill out - it's the weekend. I have moved a few Crownies from the garage beer fridge to the inside fridge to cover me while I watch the NRL tonight.

CHEERS!!!!

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Not sure Peru is the answer Uncle Les. Might find there be no pies, no IGA or no Dan Murhpy's there😮

Anyway, its getting close to Happy Hour, so we should all chill out - it's the weekend. I have moved a few Crownies from the garage beer fridge to the inside fridge to cover me while I watch the NRL tonight.

CHEERS!!!!

I went there 4 times when my son lived in Lima for 5 years, building his company. No perhaps not, too many earthquakes, copped a big one one time.  They have good beer like Cusquena and delicacies like Empanadas, but no Dan's. Enjoy the footie and your Crownies mate, I might chill post dinner with a Brown Bros Port or three. and do the NRL viewing, much to the annoyance of our Victorian friends on here, Adrian and co.😇

I really am a pleasant chap, Uncle Mic has met me.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I really am a pleasant chap, Uncle Mic has met me.

Yes, despite his sometimes gruff postings and his state pride sticking out of his Moniker, he is a pleasant chap.

Easily pacified with a GF pie and an alcoholic Cider or 3, or just a steak and a red wine will do just as nicely.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

My apologies, I get cranky when people start ganging up on my state. There's only so many posts slagging off Qld I can read before I get ticked off enough to respond. 😖

We Victorians, where the majority have been following the rules also are getting peeved by the amount of negative stuff thrown at us.

Leigh

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

My apologies, I get cranky when people start ganging up on my state. There's only so many posts slagging off Qld I can read before I get ticked off enough to respond. 😖

Dont worry about it, you are ok with your comments. Couple of others irk me. I have a sister and brother at Currumbin and Nerang, they are in a bubble, i give them heaps in a nice way, soon as border reopens, i will be driving up there, as they could not get to my wifes funeral in May. Stay safe it is a jungle out there.

20 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We Victorians, where the majority have been following the rules also are getting peeved by the amount of negative stuff thrown at us.

Leigh

I am ok with the Vics Leigh, you are handling it well. 

• Like 1