Good News Queensland has zero cases of Corona Virus

38 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That is great news, not only for Victorians, but for all Australians. I read in today's paper, that some of the latest infections have been traced to a group of five inter-related families who visited each other's home, in contravention of the lock-down rules. A spokesman for their community made a comment excusing them saying they were just supporting the older people in their families when they went beyond the 5km. What about other people? Haven't they had to forego visiting family members if it contravened the lock-down regs? Indications are that they are not going to be fined. To me, that seems strange when it has been reported that a lot of others have been fined. 

They're not being fined because the govt felt it was more important to try to reassure them they wouldn't get into trouble if they were honest about where they'd been - the information was more valuable than the fine. Locations included a large shopping centre frequented by the famous Kath and Kim. I read a report which said that there were (are?) people so ill and having trouble breathing they couldn't even speak on the phone but were refusing to get tested. That article also said it was the youths of these families who were out and about and then bringing the virus back into family homes; might have been as well as visiting elderly but it sounded like the teenage boys were a main source of transmission.

People doing the wrong thing will keep this going. I hate to think what's going to happen when the restrictions start being eased.

26 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

They're not being fined because the govt felt it was more important to try to reassure them they wouldn't get into trouble if they were honest about where they'd been - the information was more valuable than the fine. Locations included a large shopping centre frequented by the famous Kath and Kim. I read a report which said that there were (are?) people so ill and having trouble breathing they couldn't even speak on the phone but were refusing to get tested. That article also said it was the youths of these families who were out and about and then bringing the virus back into family homes; might have been as well as visiting elderly but it sounded like the teenage boys were a main source of transmission.

People doing the wrong thing will keep this going. I hate to think what's going to happen when the restrictions start being eased.

Sad for the families involved.  My younger daughter, who works, tells me that she is the weak link in our family bubble.  This week I went to my first Garden Club Meeting inside a hall (near an open window).  All seating was correctly spaced apart, no gathering in foyer, just grab morning tea and go inside main hall, etc.  No masks worn in Queensland, except for a middle aged couple who look after handicapped brothers.  Heard on Vic report this morning that inside is 20 times more risky than outside once you are there a certain amount of time.  

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

While this is accurate, it's not very hopeful

Not when it’s coupled up with the news that the researchers for a vaccine  are now thinking it’s going to take them longer than expected 

3 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Not when it’s coupled up with the news that the researchers for a vaccine  are now thinking it’s going to take them longer than expected 

I think it depends on who was doing the "expecting". I think most people were hopeful of a quick vaccine but also didn't really believe it would be very quick, unless you believe what some 'leaders" may say.

Have you noticed the short news articles inferring masks are the vaccine    ??

Agreed.... no quick fix ...

All one is hoping we can travel to the country one day.........

Starting to have nightmares about being trapped.......

Time for home made pizza and shiraz.... that will fix anything...

Cheers to All Don

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thinking of food, does anyone regularly use an Air Fryer?

We have one that gets used occasionally, as we often find it too small to cook everything we would normally in the oven.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks  I wondered about the size limitations.

Often if we are doing a roast, we are baking many vegetables at the same time, But we often use it for cooking chips as then we do not need the oven.

Big anti lockdown demo in Melbourne yesterday and a bigger one planned for 1pm today.  Secret location apparently, 10 minute response to the location by the activists. Slot the lot of them VicPol.👮‍♂️

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Big anti lockdown demo in Melbourne yesterday and a bigger one planned for 1pm today.  Secret location apparently, 10 minute response to the location by the activists. Slot the lot of them VicPol.👮‍♂️

I agree with you. They risk causing a spike in infections.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It was actually quite a small protest Les, it looked like the police members outnumbered the protestors. The protestors ran through private property to try to evade the police - I watched the live coverage from one of the news choppers online. No repect for anyone else shown.

They say today's will be bigger. Unfortunately these activists are flooding social media and outshouting those who are in favour of the restrictions, against the protests and pro police. They are loud, rude, arrogant and ignorant anti everything it seems.

Leigh

Edited by possum52
Just now, possum52 said:

It was actually quite a small protest Les, it looked like the police members outnumbered the protestors. The protestors ran through private property to try to evade the police - I watched the live coverage from one of the news choppers online. No repect for anyone else shown.

They say today's will be bigger. Unfortunately these activists are flooding social media and outshouting those who are in favour of the restrictions and against the protests. They are loud, rude, arrogant and ignorant anti everything it seems.

Leigh

And so close together, most with no masks, one only has to have Covid and you have a virus spike.  Victoria has worked so hard to get the numbers down, we should pray that they stay down.

43 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And so close together, most with no masks, one only has to have Covid and you have a virus spike.  Victoria has worked so hard to get the numbers down, we should pray that they stay down.

Some of these anti lockdown protesters think COVID19 is a hoax so of course they are not masking or social distancing🙄. A few months ago a Texas nurse was telling a story of COVID19 patient who happened to be one of those conspiracy theorists. He went to a party caught COVID19 and died 😳. His last words were "I think I made a mistake" 😞