Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e2d22fd48fc283f1073e6904c06d236b.jpegWhere are we now?

0CF21BD5-0A50-4C66-BED4-DBDD85173624.jpeg

8C785EAB-2F94-4FEA-8D9B-9E4FFAD72B66.jpeg

CC291378-CB15-4922-9851-A68291448011.jpeg

Hirosaki Gardens at Aomori I believe. Attached is a picture (I think) of the same bridge, different time of year obviously, different angle............although there are so many scenic red bridges in Japan, I may very well be incorrect! 

Hirosaki Castle and Gardens (47).JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Hirosaki Gardens at Aomori I believe. Attached is a picture (I think) of the same bridge, different time of year obviously, different angle............although there are so many scenic red bridges in Japan, I may very well be incorrect! 

Hirosaki Castle and Gardens (47).JPG

Winner!   I’m sure it’s the same bridge, we were so lucky to visit at the beginning of Sakura season🥰

8 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Winner!   I’m sure it’s the same bridge, we were so lucky to visit at the beginning of Sakura season🥰

We were supposed to be in Japan for the "season" and then the crossing, but somehow that all changed! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thought it was Mauna Loa 😉 

You’re thinking of those chocolate macadamia nuts😂 

The tallest one with the observatory that you can see in the photo is Mauna Kea 😁 Home of the Canada, France, Hawaii telescopes.  And if you ever get the chance visit at sunset, the stars are insane!  And the visitor center has smaller telescopes set up. But wear warm clothes as at over 9000 feet there can even be snow.  No wonder we Canadians feel so at home here,  we spend most winters on the big island, but probably not this one😫

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

You’re thinking of those chocolate macadamia nuts😂 

The tallest one with the observatory that you can see in the photo is Mauna Kea 😁 Home of the Canada, France, Hawaii telescopes.  And if you ever get the chance visit at sunset, the stars are insane!  And the visitor center has smaller telescopes set up. But wear warm clothes as at over 9000 feet there can even be snow.  No wonder we Canadians feel so at home here,  we spend most winters on the big island, but probably not this one😫

Believe it or not, the wife and I did that sunrise gathering on Mauna Kea during our honeymoon to Kauai and Maui a while back 😉 We brought blankets from our hotel room and still just about froze our bee-hinds off 😉 but it was a cool experience "below the clouds" and yes, those choc Mac nuts are very good

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

@Copper10-8do you mean Haleakala?   It’s on Maui,   And a lot of people visit for sunrise.  I am more a sunset type😄.  I think you need to take your DW to the Big island, too.  Highly recommend!  

Yes, Haleakala. thanks! Got my volcanoes mixed up 😬 Been to all of them plus Niihau by helo and Molokai by schooner. Kauai is still our fav. I worked p/t for America West AL at LAX as a ramper for about six years with full flt benefits. Those were the days; a weekend to one of the islands as a non-rev in 1st class on a Delta L1011 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes, Haleakala. thanks! Got my volcanoes mixed up 😬 Been to all of them plus Niihau by helo and Molokai by schooner. Kauai is still our fav. I worked p/t for America West AL at LAX as a ramper for about six years with full flt benefits. Those were the days; a weekend to one of the islands as a non-rev in 1st class on a Delta L1011 

Nice!  What great experiences.  Lucky seeing Nihau!   But now you need a volcano refresher!  

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, bluesea777 said:

Not a sharp picture but we left port a couple of hours late. Which bridge were we crossing under?

image.thumb.png.8f3a01260da95caccd52d4fee77e9bd7.png

Come on! This is the world's famous bridge!! It's 80 something years old now.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Haha 1