Jump to content

Where in the world is HAL?


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Benny, that is from the home of Yul Brenner, Vladivostok, Russia. 

We enjoyed our day there.

Winner!  You are rocking it!  Kim Jong Un showed up the morning after we left.    

 

7 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Most of us are looking at the homes and condos on the other side as we leave Ft Lauderdale. 

You must have taken these on a morning arrival, clever, and very nice. 

 

Thanks!  Didn’t intend to be tricky this time. 

Edited by bennybear
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

Delta AL 757-200 climbing out of FLL after departing Rwy 7 Left 😉

You are killing me!   I guess someone needs to start an airplane thread.  

 

How about this one😂

image.thumb.jpeg.abbc153d7dd44ae3b508f52d79a6085c.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bennybear said:

You are killing me!   I guess someone needs to start an airplane thread.  

 

How about this one😂

image.thumb.jpeg.abbc153d7dd44ae3b508f52d79a6085c.jpeg

 

Westjet's Disney "Frozen-themed" Boeing 737-8CT C-GWSV at FLL Gate C6 😉  Over 170 gallons of paint were used to create the cold-to-warm scene on the Disney Frozen-themed plane. There were 23 colors used in the design and sparkles were added to sections of the paint to show movement as the aircraft flies through the sky. A team of painters came together from Canada, the United States and Germany to bring this livery to life. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

Westjet's Disney "Frozen-themed" Boeing 737-8CT C-GWSV at FLL Gate C6 😉  Over 170 gallons of paint were used to create the cold-to-warm scene on the Disney Frozen-themed plane. There were 23 colors used in the design and sparkles were added to sections of the paint to show movement as the aircraft flies through the sky. A team of painters came together from Canada, the United States and Germany to bring this livery to life. 

 

 

 

Our granddaughters have never forgiven me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

 

Venice, Italy!

 

That's Canal de Santa Chiara 😉

 

That's correct! October 24th, 2015 on m.s. Rotterdam VI  Hellenic & Anatolia Explorer...

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Yes

I was on the Maasdam for the Amazon Carnival cruise in 2013.  The water levels were rising at Alter Do Chau and the island was almost completely inundated by the time we sailed away. The small boats are a match to boats in my pictures and that is how I identified the place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

Winner! 😉 Nice job! Great port to visit

 

Flam, Norway, is the top-rated port in the Baltic and Scandinavia region.

 

Flam Aurlandsfjord Norway Cruise Port

 

Definitely!  Went there on the WC last year and had an awesome day!   The railway trip to/from Myrdal is a must do for sure, but reserve it well in advance since it sells out.

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.11.40 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.13.20 PM.png

Edited by cruzingnut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Benny, I have looked at this on and off today, and don't have the answer.  Obviously, I haven't been there, but it shouldn't be that difficult for our panel of experts.  It most likely is on the Med, and I'm thinking Greece or close to Greece.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Benny, I have looked at this on and off today, and don't have the answer.  Obviously, I haven't been there, but it shouldn't be that difficult for our panel of experts.  It most likely is on the Med, and I'm thinking Greece or close to Greece.

You are the closest so far!  It is in Greece, I thought the water colour would give it away.

 

34 minutes ago, bcummin said:

 

Salalah, Oman.

Barbara

Sorry No, Never been there.  

This post has been the most places guessed😄

 

I will put you out of your misery tomorrow.  😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...