Jump to content

polll time. What do you think will happen for cruises for 2020


Do you think there will be cruises in 2020  

287 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think about resuming of cruises?

    • YES IN November
      56
    • yes in December
      34
    • they will start cruising in 2021
      197


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

 Today is 20th.........  They have till  Sept 30th 11:59 pm to extend the order.......  Last time they extended the order 8 days before the last expiration date.     COVID IS is still a public health emergency in the US.. 

 

 

 

 

Covid will be a public health emergency for a long time - but reality can be overridden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

 

Covid will be a public health emergency for a long time - but reality can be overridden.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say someone doesn’t want cruising to return and would like to see Carnival go belly up. The industry was hit hard — they just want to get up and running again but it’s clear some have very little faith.

 

Not even I would want to see Carnival fail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

To be clear, I did NOT say:

This is what I want

This is what I think

What the cruise lines want

What the cruise staff wants

Or what's convenient for ME (out of NYC so I can walk to the pier)

 

I said this is an option.  Back in 3/2020 I wouldn't have believed the current status.  Nobody knows the future.  It's just an additional option.

 

My opinion is mid 2021.  Crystal ball is not giving additional details at this time!

 

 

200,000 deaths now in the US and some states are seeing an increase in numbers.  I really can't see cruising starting back up until mid 2021 also.  I have COPD and I want to cruise but not until this virus goes away.  I need a warm fuzzy feeling just to go to the store.  Getting on a ship would be suicide for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, xDisconnections said:

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say someone doesn’t want cruising to return and would like to see Carnival go belly up. The industry was hit hard — they just want to get up and running again but it’s clear some have very little faith.

 

Not even I would want to see Carnival fail.

You have me confused with one of the false prophets. I have 6 cruises booked in the first 6 months of 2021, beginning in January. Then I slow down some, but still have cruises booked out to 2023. Need to save room in case there are more cancellations.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

November IS OUT..........  Should there be a new poll now?  like   start in December, early 2021, spring 2021, or mid 2021 like March to June?

 

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

November IS OUT..........  Should there be a new poll now?  like   start in December, early 2021, spring 2021, or mid 2021 like March to June?

Please. Just say NO to more useless posts that only cause everyone to lose their minds over when cruising will start (and have to be subjected to all those posters who know someone or have insider information or just post some comment shakily indicating they know something no one else does. It's fruitless and clutters the board).

Edited by fyree39
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Please. Just say NO to more useless posts that only cause everyone to lose their minds over when cruising will start (and have to be subjected to all those posters who know someone or have insider information or just post some comment shakily indicating they know something no one else does. It's fruitless and clutters the board).

^^^^^   This! I totally agree. It's a pointless exercise that does nothing but raise my blood pressure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 3:27 PM, Anyislandwilldo said:

 

 

200,000 deaths now in the US and some states are seeing an increase in numbers.  I really can't see cruising starting back up until mid 2021 also.  I have COPD and I want to cruise but not until this virus goes away.  I need a warm fuzzy feeling just to go to the store.  Getting on a ship would be suicide for me.

Same here with my health.  I fought tooth and nail to get my money back from another cruise from March (should have stayed with Carnival, that's on me). I'm not going to rush to be the first on the ships.  When it seems to be back on track, I'll give it another shot with a balcony for added insurance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

November IS OUT..........  Should there be a new poll now?  like   start in December, early 2021, spring 2021, or mid 2021 like March to June?

 

We need a poll to see if we should do a poll.  J/K.  It seems fairly pointless and mostly speculation on our part and some folks get upset if you don't have the same position as them. It's become too politicized and too emotional. It's best to keep this a happy place. 

Edited by skiwhe
grammar correction
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 10:27 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

 

 

My opinion is mid 2021.  Crystal ball is not giving additional details at this time!

Based on "current conditions" (optimism about Pfizer vaccine).....the haze is starting to lift off my crystal ball.

 

I'm very optimistic about the Sept B2B on the Magic....being a normal cruise.

 

I have an April NCL...final payment due 12/4.  I think this one will sail but I may not be on it...because of covid limitations.

 

What I am hoping is that the cruise lines make vaccines mandatory.  Taking your temp is meaningless and the covid tests are reliable "for that day only". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm very optimistic about the Sept B2B on the Magic....being a normal cruise.


I think it will be at least a few years minimum, and possibly never, before cruises resume to normal (with normal being the way cruises were prior to this pandemic).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Based on "current conditions" (optimism about Pfizer vaccine).....the haze is starting to lift off my crystal ball.

 

I'm very optimistic about the Sept B2B on the Magic....being a normal cruise.

 

I have an April NCL...final payment due 12/4.  I think this one will sail but I may not be on it...because of covid limitations.

 

What I am hoping is that the cruise lines make vaccines mandatory.  Taking your temp is meaningless and the covid tests are reliable "for that day only". 

 

I hope you are correct but I can't currently envision anything being "normal" in 2021. Based on unknown efficacy of vaccine, the number of people resistant to getting the vaccine, and how long it will take to get worldwide distribution to the point where you can get it just to take a vacation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Based on "current conditions" (optimism about Pfizer vaccine).....the haze is starting to lift off my crystal ball.

 

I'm very optimistic about the Sept B2B on the Magic....being a normal cruise.

 

I have an April NCL...final payment due 12/4.  I think this one will sail but I may not be on it...because of covid limitations.

 

What I am hoping is that the cruise lines make vaccines mandatory.  Taking your temp is meaningless and the covid tests are reliable "for that day only". 

I think april might be close to when most cruises resume ... though not sure about carnival because of 60 day inspection. 

 

Did you say you were a front line worker? I read ncl had special early bird rates for front line workers.

 

Now rcl matching promos offering a extra loyalty pt.

 

I think the offers to get new cash and new bookings has just begun. .. with the exception of carnival who is in a fix.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey....I was "the forum pessimist" a few months back and now you're all raining on my parade.

Oh well....I felt good about cruising for a couple of hours..lol.

Looks like I'll be taking all of that "money not spent" to my casino.

 

@firefly  I am not a front line worker or any worker (other than a housewife.  I'm a retired "old lady".  Our governor already has "a vaccine plan" and my age puts me near the top (after all the important people).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...