Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

On 10/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, GUT2407 said:

Yeah but only if you fly and NSW is still on the no go list

Are we stopping the Tasweigans from coming to NSW the Premier State? We should be. 

I am not going to drink anymore of my Tassie whisky as a protest,  until they let us in.

Apera_r-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.47f50f8d4636dc3cad4cc9625b3dcd91.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Just to carefully is doesn't evaporate Les........plus  one needs to do a quality check every so often..

At the rate things are moving... I think it could be a while..

until the spirit   is available, to us mainlander..... as it now just a freighter 

hope it will be before they move to Corio Quay, north of Geelong ( late 2021 )

Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:35 PM, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure I believe he really has tested positive, just another lame story to make excuses on.

I am really concerned about Donald T.  I quite like the man, at least he has got some guts.  Get well soon Donald and wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am really concerned about Donald T.  I quite like the man, at least he has got some guts.  Get well soon Donald and wife.

I like you a lot Les but on this particular individual we will I hope agree to disagree and carry on talking about other subjects.🍺

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I like you a lot Les but on this particular individual we will I hope agree to disagree and carry on talking about other subjects.🍺

Sorry to offend you Lyle, case closed, I will keep my thoughts to myself.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Sorry to offend you Lyle, case closed, I will keep my thoughts to myself.

Not offended at all Les, if we were in a pub we'd agree to move on and buy each other a suitable libation. In our virtual world consider it done🙂

Word Heritage Listed Lord Howe Island is now open to travellers, after 6 months closedown.  Unfortunately flights from Brisbane have been cancelled by Qantas.  However, Qantas flights are available from Sydney.  A LHI holiday would be perfect for people from NSW who are currently limited where they can travel.  I can recommend Ocean View Apartments, where we stayed last December and intended to stay this December.  The owners are descendants of original settlers.  Only 400 people can visit the island at a time.  Most people walk or ride bikes, but you can rent a car. 

20 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Not offended at all Les, if we were in a pub we'd agree to move on and buy each other a suitable libation. In our virtual world consider it done🙂

Love that North American term 'Libitation' like Adult Beverage. If you say those words here Lyle, the bar staff won't know what you are on about.  Just point to the beer tap and put one finger up, but not in a rude way or say 'Schooner, please.'🍺 And the amber fluid will be forthcoming.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Love that North American term 'Libitation' like Adult Beverage. If you say those words here Lyle, the bar staff won't know what you are on about.  Just point to the beer tap and put one finger up, but not in a rude way or say 'Schooner, please.'🍺 And the amber fluid will be forthcoming.

If you ask for a schooner you will be shown the door. Silly northerner words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

If you ask for a schooner you will be shown the door. Silly northerner words.

Those 10oz pots and 7oz 7's  you mob call a beer glass slip through my hands, I cannot say middy and I cannot say light. Schooie of...591119665_th(6).jpg.72ad6df9d7af6d41cfb530e74c07cd04.jpgplease, if your gonna have a drink have a drink. I just stick to one beer, so as not to stretch the friendship with my small bowel too much, Two beers I can be crook.

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

UK is reporting 23,000 new Covid infections for Sunday, sounds horrendous.

"The UK reported 22,961 new cases on Sunday – a staggering figure that Public Health England has said is ‘artificially high’ due to case reporting backlogs. This has meant the 15,841 cases that went unreported between 25 September and 2 October were added onto Saturday and Sunday’s figures, with worrying implications for the country’s contact tracing system." Source

12 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

"The UK reported 22,961 new cases on Sunday – a staggering figure that Public Health England has said is ‘artificially high’ due to case reporting backlogs. This has meant the 15,841 cases that went unreported between 25 September and 2 October were added onto Saturday and Sunday’s figures, with worrying implications for the country’s contact tracing system." Source

Thanks for the further detail.  A lot of people though. UK is going backwards re Covid-19.  

Reports just in, 3 new covid cases, non quarantine in Sydney.  Qld Premier wants 28 days of no community transmitted cases before border opening with Qld, looks like that is out the window, we had 11 days clear up to yesterday.

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Reports just in, 3 new covid cases, non quarantine in Sydney.  Qld Premier wants 28 days of no community transmitted cases before border opening with Qld, looks like that is out the window, we had 11 days clear up to yesterday.

I had a play with their site yesterday. Distinct lack of information on cabins, prices etc. Even its  sibling Cunard, renowned for awful website, is more helpful.

Anyway, move along to dates and up pops a message to telephone a 13 number or Australian bookings.

19 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I had a play with their site yesterday. Distinct lack of information on cabins, prices etc. Even its  sibling Cunard, renowned for awful website, is more helpful.

Anyway, move along to dates and up pops a message to telephone a 13 number or Australian bookings.

Are you referring to P and O UK Adrian? Yes, their site refers us to P and O Australia or Aussie TA.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

UK had 14000 new positive tests yesterday, getting worse. 

Terrible. ☹️ Very early this year, all political leaders had to make a judgement call on how to react to the unique situation of the pandemic. They had to take advice from their medical experts, but we saw that governments in different countries handled the situation differently. Some people claimed we should have followed the same course as Sweden. Yes - mistakes have been made, but that is probably inevitable.

I am glad that our federal government took the course it did that has resulted in Australia being in a pretty good position where the virus is very well controlled. All we need is a vaccine in the not-too-distant future to deliver a knock-out blow to the virus.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

P&O UK site.

Yes, I hit that hurdle in 2012 went we did Arcadia half worldie, Sydney to Southampton, had to use on line TA here. On the 4 or 5 P&O UK cruises I booked in recent years, same thing, but no big deal and P&O UK honoured military obc.  Don't think there will be any more for me.😭