Upcoming Sales?

DTL321

And if this happens since you booked before Sept 30, 2020 you will be able to claim any difference in fare under the Cruise With Confidence program although after final payment it will be issued as non refundable OBC.
This always happens after the final payment date, if there are some last minute cancellations.
So a few cabins get released.

But they usually state that this price is only valid for NEW bookings.
at least that was the case in the past

I poached this off another forum regarding vaccines/cruising but it mentions info regarding sales too...

"There was a “Future of Cruising” Zoom meeting on September 17:  The two cruise industry representatives were Ron Guiaskey of Celebrity (part of Royal Caribbean Group) and Gordon Dirker of Celestyal Cruises, a Greece based cruise company.

Ron indicated that with the bonus FCCs given for cancelled cruises, many are booking the replacement cruises at a higher cabin category. Also indicated that with the demand being experienced so far for next year’s bookings, people should not wait for big sales that probably will not occur."
😪

12 hours ago, mimbecky said:

I poached this off another forum regarding vaccines/cruising but it mentions info regarding sales too...

"There was a “Future of Cruising” Zoom meeting on September 17:  The two cruise industry representatives were Ron Guiaskey of Celebrity (part of Royal Caribbean Group) and Gordon Dirker of Celestyal Cruises, a Greece based cruise company.

Ron indicated that with the bonus FCCs given for cancelled cruises, many are booking the replacement cruises at a higher cabin category. Also indicated that with the demand being experienced so far for next year’s bookings, people should not wait for big sales that probably will not occur."
😪

This may well prove to be so unless itinerary changes or the like impact existing bookings. Wonder if there will be any cruise planner sales? Probably too much uncertainty to expect in the short term.  I note shore excursions are priced higher for our lift and shifted Canary Islands cruise. 

Well as soon as that was out of my mouth, I received an email about 4 perks on selected sailings July-Nov 2021. Not sure if it was my TA or Celebrity in general.  We are looking for later so it won't work for us but may be worth looking at for others....

edit: looks like it may be my TA.  Sometimes if you go online you can get a vacation that really can center yourselves.  One week only.

M

Edited by mimbecky

On 9/15/2020 at 12:00 PM, DTL321 said:

Hey CC Community:

Does anyone know what sales are upcoming from Celebrity? I know currently it is the save up to $500 and drink package.

I had a cruise on Celebrity Edge on hold for April, great price and incentives offered by a TA... went to put down the deposit and TA became unreachable! Will not be working with them ever again. So in short... lost my deal. Prices today are trending $300+ for the cruise and with even less OBC from most. 

Wondering if I missed out or if there possibly will be another deal coming up?

Any insight would be awesome!

Thank you.

everytime I look at their site they have various offers going on.  I like to look just to compare what I have already booked and what the cost is now.  I am booked on Summit, Jan 30, 2021 (??????), I booked in May 2020, the same suite as mine is now $8000 MORE than what I paid.  They need to make up for what they are loosing!

I originally found my cruise  agent using a comparison site. They also do other vacation  packages, including all-inclusive resorts. We’ve always had great service from this outlet. They often have great group rates.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agents book lots of group space.  Call around.  My TA works out of NJ.  Her company has a travel app that does rooms flights etc.  All expedited.

Spoke at length with my TA.  Cruiselines are cutting back on deals because 2021 cruises are both almost fully booked AND experiencing huge changes in itinerary and ships with many more to come.  Suggested deals next year when more clarity as to who where and when are determined 

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Spoke at length with my TA.  Cruiselines are cutting back on deals because 2021 cruises are both almost fully booked AND experiencing huge changes in itinerary and ships with many more to come.  Suggested deals next year when more clarity as to who where and when are determined 

i see so many posts here re TA's...many have been they can't help me, I have to call Celebrity on my own or do a conference call.  I don't use a TA, just always do all booking on my own, have had zero problems with that, ever.  What benefit do you get from using a TA?

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

i see so many posts here re TA's...many have been they can't help me, I have to call Celebrity on my own or do a conference call.  I don't use a TA, just always do all booking on my own, have had zero problems with that, ever.  What benefit do you get from using a TA?

The last cruise I booked this week on AZ for an aft Veranda through my TA got me $200 cruise line obc and $725 refundable TA obc.  If I booked directly, guess how much I would have gotten? The $200 is non refundable but I can go to the ship's customer relations desk and have them peel out $725 cash if I don't use it.

Plus if I need something for the cruise, the TA waits on hold, not me.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Last cruise I booked received a group fare - $400 less than X - 3 perks instead of one and $400 of OBCR.  Plus refundable deposit.  When prior cruises were cancelled, with a 10 minute phone call she handled refund from one cruise and applied credit from the other.

To find a good TA, you should be able to get a call returned within 24 hours and after you have a relationship handle most things with an email.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agents book lots of group space.  Call around.  My TA works out of NJ.  Her company has a travel app that does rooms flights etc.  All expedited.

Is this a nationwide TA? Expediated?  Mine is good but it sounds like yours is great.

M

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

We use a big box's TA to facilitate our bookings and to benefit from the 8-10% savings that we receive in the form of refundable OBC or store cash card, depending on the cruise line. In addition, the bookings are included in our spending total when computing our annual 2% cash back from the store.

We nevertheless do the majority of the work. By time I pick up the phone to initiate a booking, I have already done all the research, and essentially advise the TA that we want cabin 1234 on [cruise line][ship][cruise][date]. At the same time, I'll confirm the perks offered by the TA and the cruise line, as well as the price. In most cases, other than final payment, that's our final interaction. In those cases where we have decided to cancel, change or L&S a cruise, we have done so through the TA with no issues. I also keep an eye on pricing, sales, etc., and have had no difficulty refaring.

Before the big box opened its Canadian travel arm, we had another TA whom we really liked and would keep a close eye on bookings for us, but when the big box is offering hundreds of dollars and the other TA a complimentary bottle of cheap wine, it wasn't hard to make the decision to switch. 

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I don't use a TA, just always do all booking on my own, have had zero problems with that, ever.  What benefit do you get from using a TA?

Biggest benefit is that if there is a new sale that can apply to my sailing (or land-based trip) that comes out, my TA checks it against my trip to see if I can benefit - and if so she makes the change for me. If not, she leaves it alone. Either way she lets me know - often before I even knew about a new sale or promotion.

Also on opening day for new releases (generally speaking of Disney Cruise Line where their Castaway Club levels get to book ahead of them being available for everyone) here, she and others at her agency are grouped into pods and will communicate with each other who has gotten through. They will then get quotes/book for their clients and other agents in their pod's clients if those agents are still on hold. Prevents me from being on hold for hours to book something.

11 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Ms. Fields cookies are wonderful.  She responds quickly and fixes any problems.  Nothing ever gets stale.

Not sure where cookie subject came into play...but try online "Cheryl's Cookies" 

I am booked on Summit in April. Rebooked in the summer after cancelling Reflection for Nov 2. Sky suite we are booked in is now $5000 more for 2. Also it appears that all suites are sold out and there is only one Sky suite

Been keeping an eye on the sales! Right now it seems like there continues to be good deals. Really is up to the person "what a good deal is." Was hoping this month would see some good sales but they just extended. Maybe the next "big" sale for Spring 2021 will be around Thanksgiving.