Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
magictam

Speculation how embarkation and debarkation changes

Recommended Posts

I’ve seen a lot of talk about when and how crazy it will come back to the Covid pandemic. But I’m curious on how things will change getting on and on the ship. With all the pre-screening will faster to the fun be worth purchasing. Well platinum and diamond members Dale to take it vantage being first on/first off. I would think cc will become pretty stringent with the time you’re allowed to arrive at the terminal. They are going to have to be able to manage the crowds somehow.
Then of course trying to get off the ship.  I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the mass exodus even with using the color system. The people packed in line shoulder to shoulder waiting to get off. trying to get even 70% of capacity off in time for the crew to perform that extra clean could be a challenge. 
I have a cruise booked November 14 the Horizon out of Miami. I have not booked my airfare yet because because 1) I’m not sure it’s really going to happen but 2) even if they do I’m not sure what time frame I should use. I currently have checked in between one and 130. So I’ll probably try to come in at least the night before. At least I would have a hotel room to hang out at if Ine  needed to.  So the real hard part is what time should I schedule flight. I would hate the extra expense of a hotel room but I would really hate missing my flight.
What’s everyone else thinking and doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also curious. I like the staggered approach even without the health crisis. I wish it was a normal procedure all the time. I would think those with a higher loyalty level and those with priority boarding would be scheduled first. That only makes sense. I'm just speculating.

We always book a room the night before. Mostly because I get sick from the flights and then straight onto the ship. 2 airplanes to any port for us. Ugh. It feels more relaxed that way too and that piece of mind is worth the extra cost to us.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I wouldn't purchase airfare for a November cruise. Still think there's too good a chance at cancellation. Second, I don't think disembarkation will take longer than normal. I don't know how they would pull off a "crowd free" disembarkation, but it won't change the need to flip the ship quickly to get the next group on. If anything they will need more time to thoroughly sanitize the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magictam said:


Then of course trying to get off the ship.  I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the mass exodus even with using the color system. The people packed in line shoulder to shoulder waiting to get off. trying to get even 70% of capacity off in time for the crew to perform that extra clean could be a challenge. 
 

Many times the room stewards are stripping the sheets to prepare for the next passenger before I can barely get out of the room. They should make the turn around time 4-8 hours, instead of rushing folk out of the rooms to get ready for the next boarding in a few hours..

Come to think of it, they will have to, considering the new protocols that will surely be put into place. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, magictam said:

I’ve seen a lot of talk about when and how crazy it will come back to the Covid pandemic. But I’m curious on how things will change getting on and on the ship. With all the pre-screening will faster to the fun be worth purchasing. Well platinum and diamond members Dale to take it vantage being first on/first off. I would think cc will become pretty stringent with the time you’re allowed to arrive at the terminal. They are going to have to be able to manage the crowds somehow.
Then of course trying to get off the ship.  I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the mass exodus even with using the color system. The people packed in line shoulder to shoulder waiting to get off. trying to get even 70% of capacity off in time for the crew to perform that extra clean could be a challenge. 
I have a cruise booked November 14 the Horizon out of Miami. I have not booked my airfare yet because because 1) I’m not sure it’s really going to happen but 2) even if they do I’m not sure what time frame I should use. I currently have checked in between one and 130. So I’ll probably try to come in at least the night before. At least I would have a hotel room to hang out at if Ine  needed to.  So the real hard part is what time should I schedule flight. I would hate the extra expense of a hotel room but I would really hate missing my flight.
What’s everyone else thinking and doing?

Seems to early to purchase a flight for a cruise in November.  It seems very likely they will be canceling most if not all cruises leaving from US ports in November.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we are hoping to fly next December for the MG. I will most likely get a flight the night before the cruise. I just don't want to book another hotel for the day we disembark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly the ships will be at reduced capacity, so that might help.  I would guess they will do the 1 hr covid tests or expect us to have them done within 24 hrs or something.  Masks while we wait for test results.  Just guessing.  No self serve anything onboard.  Our Nov 1 cruise has been sold out since March or April, so I am wondering how they would do reduced capacity if it does sail.  We booked our flights months ago, thinking Covid would be contained by Nov.  Optimistic thinking on our part.  Our pre cruise flight is booked for Oct 30, so that gives us a couple of days to get tests done if needed.  Our post cruise flight is a late afternoon flight, so I think we are good to go if it sails.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skridge said:

Seems to early to purchase a flight for a cruise in November.  It seems very likely they will be canceling most if not all cruises leaving from US ports in November.  

I'd feel comfortable booking a flight for a November cruise in the United States. No doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are flying to the port arrange your flight 21 days in advance to get the best prices. I believe the pressure from the public will insure that cruising will resume. Other lines need the business to stay, well, afloat. As for embarkation Carnival will be very strict about arrival times, and will not allow entry into the port until the proper time. Prior to port entry, you will answer health questions and a face scan to measure temperature will be taken. Late arrivals will be put in the penalty box and need to wait for space available, or even until last. Third party testing company will do a rapid test, and if it comes up positive, an up the nose PCR test will be performed. All baggage except small carry ons will need antiviral spray, fog, and/or ultraviolet light exposure. Most likely all bags will need to checked with a porter. 

 

Disembarking. There may be need for people experienced with herding cats. People will be required to remain in their cabin until called, and then keep social distance while waiting to walk. Masks up. No mask with a valve, folded bandanna, or neck gaiters. Be ready for another temperature check getting off the ship. 

 

These minor changes will in no way interfere with having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Curious to see how long that will last.

 

My people at Delta say forever. They will built change fees into the ticket prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skridge said:

Seems to early to purchase a flight for a cruise in November.  It seems very likely they will be canceling most if not all cruises leaving from US ports in November.  

 

50 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I'd feel comfortable booking a flight for a November cruise in the United States. No doubt.

 

23 minutes ago, skridge said:

The only thing I can figure is you own some sort of satirical travel agency.  Reading your posts are like watching Saturday Night Live.

Refundable fares exist. What's the risk in booking airfare? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 9:04 PM, xDisconnections said:

 

 

Refundable fares exist. What's the risk in booking airfare? 

 

? ever priced a refundable airfare, think almost double the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

 

? ever priced a refundable airfare, think almost double the price.

I’m aware. That’s all I book. 
 

It’s well worth it.

 

Most legacy carriers are currently eliminating change fees anyway which should lower the risk for kettles. 

Edited by xDisconnections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, Moviela said:

 

Disembarking. There may be need for people experienced with herding cats. People will be required to remain in their cabin until called, and then keep social distance while waiting to walk. Masks up. No mask with a valve, folded bandanna, or neck gaiters. Be ready for another temperature check getting off the ship. 

 

 

With what the cabin stewards will have to do for turnaround for cabin cleaning, I don't see that happening.  If anything, they'll want you out of your cabins earlier than previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the speculation threads.  Why worry and plan about something that is unknowable to us?  When the cruiselines tell me what the rules are I'll make plans.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, edspec said:

I don't understand the speculation threads.  Why worry and plan about something that is unknowable to us?  When the cruiselines tell me what the rules are I'll make plans.  

Speculation threads......

 

About 95% of what’s being discussed and debated on Cruise Critic is speculative/hypothetical these days.

 

I forgot to include imaginary.

Edited by d9704011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think embarkation will be relatively easy to control the crowd flow if they implement check-in appointment windows, which they already do, and strictly enforce them. For this to work effectively, everyone would have to comply with their selected check-in window to include diamonds, platinums, FTTF, etc. 

 

Debarkation is the bigger challenge in my opinion. Carnival is by far the worst of the cruise lines we have been on when it comes to debarkation day. To put it simply, it is usually a cluster you know what on debarkation morning with countless passengers leaving whenever they want. Once again, I think they need to have a process that controls the flow of passengers leaving the ship and strictly enforce it. 
 

I haven’t paid too much attention to cruise lines like MSC that are already sailing overseas. Curious to know how they are handling these issues. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another (costly) option is to allow an overnight 'at port' to separate debark and embark by a day.

Either:

1) Keep the ship at the pier overnight.

or

2) Debark passengers over a longer time (requiring guests to stay in their cabins longer) and then pulls out to spend the overnight off-shore for a deep clean and sanitize, and then dock again in the morning for the new passengers - also staggered over a longer time.

 

I realize that ships pay by the hour for space at the pier, but aren't most piers owned (or managed) by a single cruise line?  That is, NCL wouldn't have to negotiate with Carnival to schedule.

 

Other impacts on porters, terminal staff, security/traffic control, shuttle bus drivers, airport greeters add to costs.

It's not a PERFECT solution, but perhaps an interim step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sue Do-Over said:

Another (costly) option is to allow an overnight 'at port' to separate debark and embark by a day.

Either:

1) Keep the ship at the pier overnight.

or

2) Debark passengers over a longer time (requiring guests to stay in their cabins longer) and then pulls out to spend the overnight off-shore for a deep clean and sanitize, and then dock again in the morning for the new passengers - also staggered over a longer time.

 

I realize that ships pay by the hour for space at the pier, but aren't most piers owned (or managed) by a single cruise line?  That is, NCL wouldn't have to negotiate with Carnival to schedule.

 

Other impacts on porters, terminal staff, security/traffic control, shuttle bus drivers, airport greeters add to costs.

It's not a PERFECT solution, but perhaps an interim step.

 

Cruise lines may own some docks in the Caribbean, but in most large ports the docks are owned by a port authority and leased to operators, such as DP World. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 3:04 AM, xDisconnections said:

 

 

Refundable fares exist. What's the risk in booking airfare? 

There will not be the airlines and range of flights. If 50% of the Airlines and current routes survive the pandemic we will do well. Many small airports will close and few aircraft manufacturers- who is buying or leasing planes in this economic climate- and airlines that survive will drastically reduce their fleets. Therefore prices will be higher especially as load factors will go down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect boarding times to be adhered to. They may include a time that you can even get into the port. In other word, if your boarding pass has a port time of 1PM, you will be turned away from the port at 12:50PM to go to the back of the line of vehicles to do it all over again. There will be screening procedures and those may be away from the actual terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...