not staying logged in

1 minute ago, broberts said:

You don't think they are related? 

I'll tempt the fates and note that I have not been logged out since the login fix.

I’ve in fact wondered if they were related. We’ll just have to monitor ...

Thanks turtles  for the helpful info.  I did manage to log in earlier today (hence this post) and remakably I didn't get logged out until I myself logged out-or thought I did, because just now, when I came on to the site and expected totry logging in again to post this,  I discovered that I was actually still logged in , I assume from earlier (despite thinking I had logged out)  Is this a new issue or  did I have a "senior moment" or have others come across this before. IE thinking you had logged out only to find you had not?

On 6/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, broberts said:

You don't think they are related? 

I'll tempt the fates and note that I have not been logged out since the login fix.

Sorry to say that I was just kicked off on my iPad, even though I’d cleared the CC cookies a couple of days ago to fix the other problem of the non-responsive log-in boxes. So it seems that the recent fix for the latter issue hasn’t fixed the problem of people being logged out. ☹️

44 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Sorry to say that I was just kicked off on my iPad, even though I’d cleared the CC cookies a couple of days ago to fix the other problem of the non-responsive log-in boxes. So it seems that the recent fix for the latter issue hasn’t fixed the problem of people being logged out. ☹️

😞😞😞

In prior (years perhaps) I could stay logged in to Cruise Critic for, seemingly, days.

Now, it's not surprising to have to log in several times a day (after linking from an email when I have not been on for some random amount of time).

Is it just me, or did something change?

Tom

I have had the same issue for a few weeks.  It would log me out while I was actively viewing the boards.  Late last week, I could not even login until I cleared the cookies for the site.  Since then, I've been logged in for 3 days and counting.

I have also had times when I went to these boards and was not logged in. And it saves my user name as both my user name and my password (which it is not).

Other times I come here and I am not logged in, but then it almost immediately switches to logged in.

It has not logged me out while I was logged in.

Howdy everyone! emo22.gif

Thank you @Host Carolyn for moving the thread titled Frequency of CC logins increased? to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum.  emo34.gif

Since we already have a thread regarding the situation, I have now merged this thread into the existing thread titled not staying logged in. Please note @CC Help Jenn is Following and see post # 271 from @LauraS, Community Manager.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have everyone aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Sorry to say, I cleaned out all my Cruise Critic cookies, and there are still HUGE PROBLEMS  with the roll calls.  When you put in your month, either none show up or a couple, so to use them, you must go to the ship name and search for your particular roll call.  

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Despite having cleared my CC cookies, I was just logged out on my iPhone, a problem that has existed for months. 

Clearing the cookie only works for manual logging out and permitting one to log in. As far as I know it does not address the issue of randomly being forced out.

4 hours ago, broberts said:

Clearing the cookie only works for manual logging out and permitting one to log in. As far as I know it does not address the issue of randomly being forced out.

Thanks; I agree. I only noted my experience because of the recent speculation that the two problems were connected. Whether or not they are, the cookie clearing doesn’t solve the issue of randomly being forced out, as you correctly observed.  And it is that issue is the prime reason for this very long-standing thread.   I think it’s important that other matters not be confused with it, since it has yet to be fixed. 

• Like 1

I am posting this on the Princess Boards because is where I do most of my reading.  Cruise Critic has been dropping my log in.  I using Chrome (because Safari didn't work well).  I can not stay signed in.  It is a daily occurrence and sometimes when I switch between threads. 

Is this happening to anyone else, or I'm just the one with the bad luck?  It's pretty annoying.  

Recently, technology has not been my friend (think Medallion Class App).

Thank you to all for your posts and sorry if this is happening to others.

Here is what the big red note on top of the board reads....

There are unresolved issues with logging in, staying logged in or logging out of the site.  There is no eta on a fix for this at this time, and we do apologize.

Here's what you can do:

You will need to clear the cruise critic cookie that is stored on your browser.  I have included a link that explains the process for various browsers:

https://www.lifewire.com/clear-cookies-for-one-site-4587347

We hope this helps, and please understand that we are unable to offer help via email on this issue at this time.

I knew that I would get help from my fellow posters.  Thank you.  I did notice the red banner....but thought that was related to the covid topic no-no's.    

Such a relief to know that it isn't just me. 

Thank you @Host CJSKIDS for moving the thread titled Cruise Critic is dropping my log in to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum.   emo34.gif

15 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am posting this on the Princess Boards because is where I do most of my reading.  Cruise Critic has been dropping my log in... 

Howdy @cr8tiv1  emo22.gif

Welcome to the forum that is just for questions & answers relating to technical assistance in using the Cruise Critic message boards!  emo34.gif  Since we already have a thread regarding your situation, I have merged your new thread into the existing thread titled not staying logged in. And as you have learned, Cruise Critic is aware of the situation & has posted a banner.

If you need technical assistance in the future, please remember this forum. Browse through l👀king at the thread titles. Your question may have already been asked by other members and answered! emo34.gif

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Kat said:

Thank you @Host CJSKIDS for moving the thread titled Cruise Critic is dropping my log in to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum.   emo34.gif

Howdy @cr8tiv1  emo22.gif

Welcome to the forum that is just for questions & answers relating to technical assistance in using the Cruise Critic message boards!  emo34.gif  Since we already have a thread regarding your situation, I have merged your new thread into the existing thread titled not staying logged in. And as you have learned, Cruise Critic is aware of the situation & has posted a banner.

If you need technical assistance in the future, please remember this forum. Browse through l👀king at the thread titles. Your question may have already been asked by other members and answered! emo34.gif

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

Thank you.  I knew someone would point me in the correct direction.  I finally read the red banner.  OOPs.