Luminae vs Azamara MDR

On 9/16/2020 at 6:41 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

You will love Azamara for many reasons but their MDR though definitely better than the Celebrity MDR, does not have the service of Luminae.    We liked the Azamara’s choice of entrees much better than Luminae.    We got tired of all the menus in Luminae with nothing but baby animals!    If you try Azamara, definitely look at the Club Continent Suites.   They are like the SS but they also come with unlimited Specialty Dining.   There are two Specialty Restaurants, one Italian focused and one steak focused.   Within reason we were able to order anything we wanted  and the service was wonderful.   All standard drinks are included for all passengers.

If you dine in Luminae, you can access the MDR menu also.  In addition, you can make special requests the day before .  Typically they are honored.  But we mix it up and dine also in sp restaurants- and pay the additional charge.

18 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Three years ago. Why?  What are you saying?  

Phil 

Phil, I was referring to the captain of that ship diverting from the scheduled route and going much closer to the island.  It lead to the disaster by all accounts.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Phil, I was referring to the captain of that ship diverting from the scheduled route and going much closer to the island.  It lead to the disaster by all accounts.

Ah ok. Just to clarify my post which wasn't clear. This was not spur of the moment, but rather on the day before so the Captain will have checked with the office to confirm his change of route.

Also, having passed Stromboli on a number of occasions and although a mile doesn't sound far this is  perfectly safe and regular manoeuvre that has been done many times by Azamara ships with their draught as it is. It's just that close passes are usually done in the dark timed for after dinner to view the regular eruptions there. It's an amazing sight if you get the chance. Concordia it most definitely isn't!

Phil 

11 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ah ok. Just to clarify my post which wasn't clear. This was not spur of the moment, but rather on the day before so the Captain will have checked with the office to confirm his change of route.

Also, having passed Stromboli on a number of occasions and although a mile doesn't sound far this is  perfectly safe and regular manoeuvre that has been done many times by Azamara ships with their draught as it is. It's just that close passes are usually done in the dark timed for after dinner to view the regular eruptions there. It's an amazing sight if you get the chance. Concordia it most definitely isn't!

Phil 

I have passed Stromboli but unfortunately in the daylight.

The food in the MDR on Azamara is nothing to get excited about. On our first cruise with Azamara we ate in the MDR once but the food was very disappointing. After that we always ate dinner at the Sunset bar next to the windows cafe. Windows cafe featured food from a different country each night. It was very good. We always looked at the menu at the MDR on five but always ended up on deck 9. Luminae is normally pretty good though they also have off days.

Azamara is better than Celebrity.  It reminds me of the original Celebrity.  Food is good. Service is also good.  Never waited for a table on Azamara. Never needed a reservation for MDR.  Celebrity food service is dull and often slow. Buffet is a free for all. I hate it.  Azamara buffet is a pleasure.  Great selection of really good food.  We like The buffet especially at night. In warm climate, an evening meal on the Patio is good. We like the cabins on Celebrity more than Azamara. Azamara cabins are nicely appointed, but are small. Bathrooms are tiny.  Hate the crowds on Celebrity.  Overall, Azamara is better.