New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

MIAMI, Sept. 17, 2020 – Royal Caribbean International today provides an update to its 2021 summer deployment, announcing upcoming redeployments of six ships. Tapping market research and listening to feedback and input from guests and travel partners, the cruise line has adjusted its seasonal schedule with the goal of providing guests with greater opportunity and variety for their 2021 adventures. The unrivaled itineraries combined with Royal Caribbean ships and crew will deliver the best vacation experience for those who deserve nothing short of a memorable getaway next summer. Most importantly, Royal Caribbean is applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safer and healthier cruise vacation. 

Highlights of the updated summer cruises for 2021 include the European debut of the long-awaited Odyssey of the Seas sailing from Rome; new 4- and 5-night Mediterranean getaways from Barcelona; and more Caribbean island time with ships sailing from additional, popular U.S. cruise ports next summer. 

Guests with confirmed bookings between April and October 2021 whose cruises are affected by these changes will be notified directly within the next three weeks, as the new, enhanced itineraries are added. These existing bookings will continue to be covered by Royal Caribbean’s Cruise with Confidence program.

New Ways to Vacation

The newly announced adventures below for the 2021 summer season will be available to book over the next three weeks.  

Europe

• Adventure of the Seas, which was previously scheduled to sail from Copenhagen and Stockholm, will head for Barcelona to sail a mix of 4- and 5-night short Mediterranean itineraries to historic destinations like La Spezia and Rome, Italy; Ajaccio, Nice and Marseille, France; and Palma and Ibiza, Spain.
  • Initially scheduled to sail from Miami, Brilliance of the Seas will now homeport outside of Venice in Ravenna, Italy, offering 7-night roundtrip sailings that visit Greece, the Greek Isles and Croatia.
  • Jewel of the Seas, originally planned to homeport in Amsterdam and Barcelona, will now sail from Stockholm and Copenhagen on 7-night cruises calling on Northern Europe’s picturesque ports of Helsinki, Finland; Tallinn, Estonia; and Visby, Sweden.

The Caribbean

• Originally set to sail from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Independence of the Seas will make the neighboring city of Miami her home for the summer season. Sailing a combination of 6- and 8-night cruises to the Southern and Western Caribbean.
  • Vision of the Seas¸ previously planned to sail from Barcelona, will sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico and offer 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries to exotic destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados.
  • Rhapsody of the Seas will move from the Mediterranean and further expand short Caribbean sailings with 4-, 5- and 7-night cruises from Tampa, Fla., visiting The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay and the Western Caribbean.

Adventure on Course

Guests can vacation as planned with previously announced cruises departing as of April 2021. In the Caribbean, travelers can set course for idyllic islands, including new destinations, with newly amplified ships, shorter itineraries and more. Two of the world’s largest cruise ships, Symphony and Allure of the Seas will sail alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries visiting Perfect Day at CocoCay, while the newly amplified Oasis of the Seas will make her Big Apple debut sailing from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey. Cape Liberty will also be home to Freedom of the Seas, which will homeport there for the first time in summer 2021 and offer itineraries that visit Bermuda, Canada and New England. Guests can also choose to sail on the newly amplified Mariner and Navigator of the Seas for short Caribbean getaways with 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday itineraries to The Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay.

Vacationers looking to explore the Old World can still discover Europe like never before in summer 2021 with itineraries that feature a mix of destinations. Anthem of the Seas will sail from Southampton, England and offer a variety of cruises, ranging from the 7-night Norwegian Fjords to 14-night Mediterranean Cities, that include new ports of call in Denmark, France and Norway. Harmony of the Seas heads back to Europe for the first time since her inaugural season in 2016, with 7-night sailings to the Western Mediterranean.

The Last Frontier will have the cruise line’s biggest Alaska season yet with four ships: Quantum, OvationRadiance and Serenade of the Seas. Quantum will make her Seattle debut, sailing 7-night cruises that leave on Mondays, alongside sister ship Ovation, which will continue departing on Fridays. Returning favorites OvationRadiance and Serenade will offer varying 7-night itineraries sailing from Seattle, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Seward, Alaska.

About Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to more than 270 destinations in 72 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 16 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.

Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.

Someone posted this announcement early this morning and then it disappeared.  Found it interesting that it says affected people will be notified in 3 weeks and can use CWC but so far CWC ends in less than 2 weeks.  Guess it will get extended.

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Someone posted this announcement early this morning and then it disappeared.  Found it interesting that it says affected people will be notified in 3 weeks and can use CWC but so far CWC ends in less than 2 weeks.  Guess it will get extended.

I couple posts were deleted. I was curious about the post regarding Odyssey, and Empress L&S to her. We are on Odyssey in December 2021 from Empress?? That post was deleted?

M8

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I couple posts were deleted. I was curious about the post regarding Odyssey, and Empress L&S to her. We are on Odyssey in December 2021 from Empress?? That post was deleted?

M8

I don't see this press release on their Press Center website and didn't see it earlier either so wondering if it was not supposed to get released yet since that thread went away.  I didn't see the ones you are talking about  Strange as this was 5:30 am

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I saw it and then it was gone.  Kind of like the pop up deals, right? 

Wording is weird on the CWC.  It  says it cover the existing bookings which allows for l/s and cancellations for these sailings.  Maybe it will only be continued for the l/s portion for to shift the 2021 sailings to summer 2022. 

Just now, irishgal432 said:

I saw it and then it was gone.  Kind of like the pop up deals, right? 

Wording is weird on the CWC.  It  says it cover the existing bookings which allows for l/s and cancellations for these sailings.  Maybe it will only be continued for the l/s portion for to shift the 2021 sailings to summer 2022. 

Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw it.  I was responding to it and it went POOF and it was before there was even any replies . Strange!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marga.Anders said:

I actually posted it this morning, but removed it because I heard from Royal directly that the release wasn't the final one.

She told me they will release a formal press release with the right information later today.

So maybe wait on that before we panic 🙂

Well that explains the disappearing thread from early this morning.  Maybe they are going to also announce the extension of CWC to cover these new changes.  Hope it works out for you

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just want to know how they got pre released info?  Lol

Apparently someone on another board (where I got it from) subscribes to an RSS feed with press releases of Royal Caribbean and it was on there. They saved it and posted it on the other forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Is the L&S option going away on Sept 20th??  I haven't heard it extended unless it's considered a part of the CWC plan which seems like it's going to stay if they are contacting affected people in 3 weeks and it's slated to expire in 2 weeks..  Maybe another shoe is going to drop later.

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And will this affect my British Isles on X Reflection July 30, 2021 ?

I seriously didn't have a lot of hope for this cruise... but I'm still going to be so sad to lose it! I had great rooms booked the first day it was released. I was hoping to lift and shift to 2022. That isn't possible if it's cancelled now.

4 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I seriously didn't have a lot of hope for this cruise... but I'm still going to be so sad to lose it! I had great rooms booked the first day it was released. I was hoping to lift and shift to 2022. That isn't possible if it's cancelled now.

I've been so hopeful for my X July 30. 2021 cruise...have been booking excursions (with roll call) and booked my air with X...great PRICE, CABIN, itinerary.

I'll be so disappointed if Reflection doesn't sail. Agree no way to L/S this itinerary right now and not really interested in anything else they offer to replace it. Fingers crossed I'm just not understanding  if it will affect us. 

• Like 1