New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

3 minutes ago, jtintex said:

HA! Not moving to Italy but it is moving to Tampa. See new post with the info.

Crazy, but I guess these changes are what is best for the Company survival.  I guess I better check my April sailing on IOS... I think it's being moved to Port of Miami and a few days added to it. 

1 minute ago, The Grumpus said:

Crazy, but I guess these changes are what is best for the Company survival.  I guess I better check my April sailing on IOS... I think it's being moved to Port of Miami and a few days added to it. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/sites/default/files/blog-images/summer-2021-deployment-changes.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I was just checking the Aug. 5 Adventure sailing again on my travel agency's online site, and got this message: "Error...Sorry, there are no available fares or categories for this sailing." Then I went to RCI's web site and got this: "Oops, something went wrong. There was a problem loading your sailing, please go back to Cruise Search and select another sailing."

Did it sell out due to its low price, or did RCI remove it because it won't be sailing that itinerary?

**Just checked RCI's site again, and the only August 2021 Adventure cruise listed is the 7-night from Copenhagen on August 31.

Stick a fork in it😉

Should get an offer soon

Just now, Gameck said:

Guess the release is true - can no longer book Brilliance of Seas for summer - even my booked cruise in June, also cannot book Independence for summer - looks like a switch to me

Brilliance will be replaced by Indy, Indy out of FTL cruises are cancelled from what I hear. No replacement ship. 

I literally booked a cruise in July on Brilliance about four hours ago.  Thank goodness I did 'refundable deposit'.  An aft balcony had opened up and my cruise buddy and I thought we'd snag it as a solid 'maybe' if the 'leaked' release didn't materialize.

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

I posted this on another thread, this is the email I got:

Dear Guest,

We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and well.

Over the next few weeks, we will be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our 2021 summer sailings for five of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research and listening to feedback from guests and trade partners on opportunities for adventure for this upcoming summer. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these itinerary shifts, our July 3, 2021 Brilliance of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Independence of the Seas, is heading to Miami, Florida for her 2021 Summer season! The even better news, she'll sail on the exact same days as your original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting today, September 23rd, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving you to the corresponding Independence of the Seas sailing.

While we know you'll have a great time onboard Independence of the Seas, your vacation is important to us, along with providing you the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we've outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Independence of the Seas cruise

• We'll automatically moving you to the Independence of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise.
  • Your current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, we will reschedule your flight for you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Option 2: If you choose to cancel. You'll receive:

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting a whole season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by September 28, 2020 and we'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been updated. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by September 28, 2020. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by then, you'll remain booked on the alternate Independence of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

We'll send you your new details soon, however, if you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at:

• 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1 800 754 500 in Australia
  • 0344 493 4005 in the U.K.
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding. We look forward to welcoming you onboard for a great adventure. In the meantime, stay healthy and safe.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Just got notice that our 5/16 and 5/22/21 Brilliance sailings have been moved to Indie for same dates and itineraries from POM.  We have the option to cancel of course.

I just got notice that my October 2021 Brilliance cruise switched to the Jewel- this actually makes my family happy (except for me, I want to try new ships, but my Dad loves the Jewel!).  I guess it's not a 1:1 swap on ships.

19 hours ago, Gameck said:

Booked on Brilliance for June 27. Don’t know what to believe any more. Will they just shift our cruise to Independence and assign rooms?
Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good question.  Guess we will find out in the next 3 weeks!!  We are in the same boat - literally

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Its official...check out the Blog

thanks.  guess that someone jumped the gun last week posting it since Brilliance will be staying in the Caribbean, but on a different route - no Europe for her

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

I don't see my Brilliance July 3rd cruise any more either (but it still shows in my planner) .  If I go into 'find a cruise' and select Jun through August of next summer it comes up with no cruises at all for Indy, Vision, Jewel and Grandeur.  And just 2 for Brilliance at the end of August and one for Adventure, also the end of August.  

Only one Brilliance cruise showing for the Caribbean now...must be what they mean by the GOING, GOING, GONE SALE

1 hour ago, jtintex said:

HA! Not moving to Italy but it is moving to Tampa. See new post with the info.

That was a big difference from last Friday's post

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I posted this on another thread, this is the email I got:

Dear Guest,

We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and well.

Over the next few weeks, we will be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our 2021 summer sailings for five of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research and listening to feedback from guests and trade partners on opportunities for adventure for this upcoming summer. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these itinerary shifts, our July 3, 2021 Brilliance of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Independence of the Seas, is heading to Miami, Florida for her 2021 Summer season! The even better news, she'll sail on the exact same days as your original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting today, September 23rd, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving you to the corresponding Independence of the Seas sailing.

While we know you'll have a great time onboard Independence of the Seas, your vacation is important to us, along with providing you the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we've outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Independence of the Seas cruise

• We'll automatically moving you to the Independence of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise.
  • Your current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, we will reschedule your flight for you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Option 2: If you choose to cancel. You'll receive:

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting a whole season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by September 28, 2020 and we'll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been updated. If you prefer to cancel your cruise, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by September 28, 2020. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven't heard from you by then, you'll remain booked on the alternate Independence of the Seas sailing. Should you decide to cancel after our moves are complete, you will continue to be covered by our Cruise with Confidence policy.

We'll send you your new details soon, however, if you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at:

• 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1 800 754 500 in Australia
  • 0344 493 4005 in the U.K.
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding. We look forward to welcoming you onboard for a great adventure. In the meantime, stay healthy and safe.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

AVP | Guest Experience

Royal Caribbean International

They sure don't give you a lot of time to cancel if your reservation isn't completed until Sep 28th

Well now this will be interesting to see how the ADV on Aug 5th shakes out.

A 10 day becomes a 7 day and looking more. The ship will do Visby Sweden Helsinki Finland, and one other.  Not sure if this ship is really only doing 3 stops for Copenhagen and NOT doing Russia.  Never seen any cruises to Baltics NOT do Russia.  Time will tell and should be interesting to see how my solo room that I had on lower deck in front near medical center translates to Jewel that does have 4 solos up in the front near suites.  Can't wait to see what I end up with.

But I am price protected and getting some OBC.  

GLAD the Odyssey has no changes since I lost my April cruise in FL on her.

I feel like cruising is becoming for like playing cards what with re shuffling. 

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

A 10 day becomes a 7 day and looking more. The ship will do Visby Sweden Helsinki Finland, and one other.  Not sure if this ship is really only doing 3 stops for Copenhagen and NOT doing Russia.  Never seen any cruises to Baltics NOT do Russia.  Time will tell and should be interesting to see how my solo room that I had on lower deck in front near medical center translates to Jewel that does have 4 solos up in the front near suites.  Can't wait to see what I end up with.

From what I hear, the Aug 5 sailing remained the same, just a ship change. 

@Ourusualbeach Has the details 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

This has been mentioned several times already.  The JW from what I was told by Royal is taking over all of the existing itineraries.  The press release never mentioned the couple 10 and 11 day cruises.  I know that the Aug 5 10 day cruise is the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

From what I hear, the Aug 5 sailing remained the same, just a ship change. 

@Ourusualbeach Has the details 

but the announcement in general says Jewel will be doing 7 days cruises out of Copenhagen.  Confusing at best.

Then again my email did not say 10 day not 7 days.  The email did request patience and wait until 28th for all the changes and moves to finished and notice via email where each of us ended up.  

So the Aug 5th I thought was part of the description on the list.  Time will tell.  but I would hate to not go to St Pete again.