Jump to content

New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes


irishgal432
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This has been mentioned several times already.  The JW from what I was told by Royal is taking over all of the existing itineraries.  The press release never mentioned the couple 10 and 11 day cruises.  I know that the Aug 5 10 day cruise is the same.

 

To quote Elvis,  THANK YOU, AH THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jtintex said:

Brilliance will be replaced by Indy, Indy out of FTL cruises are cancelled from what I hear. No replacement ship. 

Sounds like the Indy (short Caribbean sailings) will be replaced by the Brilliance more or less, but sail from Tampa instead of Fort Lauderdale.

 

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

I literally booked a cruise in July on Brilliance about four hours ago.  Thank goodness I did 'refundable deposit'.  An aft balcony had opened up and my cruise buddy and I thought we'd snag it as a solid 'maybe' if the 'leaked' release didn't materialize.

Does this mean you are unhappy about the switch of ships to the Independence or am I not reading your quotation marks correctly?  I am assuming you will now be given an aft balcony on the Indy, if there is one for the taking still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Letters should be going out later tonight or tomorrow

 

 

ok.  Gee You give Twangster competition in the "KNOWLEDGE department" !!!!!!!! I do hope you are right.

I lost a HAL cruise due to ship being sold and April Odyssey in FLA.  So this was the 3rd one.

 

I for one will be fine with Jewel and all the nice glass windows.  I have done one Voyager class already so in the end only thing will be what room I get.  Might have to end up calling and begging for a change.  

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

 

 

ok.  Gee You give Twangster competition in the "KNOWLEDGE department" !!!!!!!! I do hope you are right.

I lost a HAL cruise due to ship being sold and April Odyssey in FLA.  So this was the 3rd one.

 

I for one will be fine with Jewel and all the nice glass windows.  I have done one Voyager class already so in the end only thing will be what room I get.  Might have to end up calling and begging for a change.  

 

Thanks

I tried calling to get my clients cabins moved and they wouldn't do it.  All the changes and room reassignments are being on the back end.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I tried calling to get my clients cabins moved and they wouldn't do it.  All the changes and room reassignments are being on the back end.

yup  they want to be left alone as it is a lot of work.  I hope they have rehired some folks in Miami to handle the work.

I guess the large suites and balcony folks will be hardest to please.  I just don't want next to elevator of crew stairs.

 

But I have 11 months to make a change. And I am quite sure they would be happy to upgrade me if I want to pay more

 

Toodles.   BTW.  what is your usual beach or favorite beach?????.  Mine is in Bermuda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yup  they want to be left alone as it is a lot of work.  I hope they have rehired some folks in Miami to handle the work.

I guess the large suites and balcony folks will be hardest to please.  I just don't want next to elevator of crew stairs.

 

But I have 11 months to make a change. And I am quite sure they would be happy to upgrade me if I want to pay more

 

Toodles.   BTW.  what is your usual beach or favorite beach?????.  Mine is in Bermuda

My 10 year old daughter (at the time) on our first cruise said while we were walking on the beach in St. Kitts that we should make this "our usual beach"  I told her to marry someone rich.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My 10 year old daughter (at the time) on our first cruise said while we were walking on the beach in St. Kitts that we should make this "our usual beach"  I told her to marry someone rich.

 

too funny,  Well I like any beach where the water is blue and I can see my toes.  That means NO Jersey Shore for me.

 

again toodles.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yup  they want to be left alone as it is a lot of work.  I hope they have rehired some folks in Miami to handle the work.

 

Yep, it will give a lot of folks some work to do to move all those people from one ship to another and handle cancellations and refunds.  Guess they have their fingers crossed that another round of COVID cancellations do not happen, or else they will have all of those reservations to deal with as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Sounds like the Indy (short Caribbean sailings) will be replaced by the Brilliance more or less, but sail from Tampa instead of Fort Lauderdale.

 

Does this mean you are unhappy about the switch of ships to the Independence or am I not reading your quotation marks correctly?  I am assuming you will now be given an aft balcony on the Indy, if there is one for the taking still.

I'm happy about moving from Brilliance to Indy.  This takes us from a 'maybe' to an almost for sure.  We like the larger ships and since our Freedom cruises, times 2, for this year both got canceled due to Covid (one Southern, one Bermuda), this will be a nice replacement.  I'll see what stateroom we get and if not happy, will be on the hunt for one we like better and then call to switch.  

 

ETA: when I made this post, the announcement of which ship would be the replacement and what the new itinerary would be wasn't posted yet.  I still haven't received my latter, but I did call and they said that yes, I'd be moved to the same date on Indy.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

I understand that they want to move around some ships. But why would they completely cancel the Jewel cruises (British Isles, Norway-Iceland)? Those itineraries are incredibly popular. Will there be another ship taking over?

 

The Norway & Iceland was perfect since we wanted to see both!

For Iceland, you only had the Norway & Iceland combo, or I think 1 repositioning cruise. This year, there was just 1 Norway & Iceland (obviously cancelled), none last year (that I could see), and just 2 next summer. I booked this almost as soon as the itineraries came out last fall. There were 4 of us (2 couples), we are so pissed. We were so looking forward to this. There's no equivalent on RC. We thought for sure this was far enough out it would be safe, but yet we are still getting screwed. I did a L&S to next fall on our cancelled Allure T-A, about ready to just cancel that too. So upset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I'm happy about moving from Brilliance to Indy.  This takes us from a 'maybe' to an almost for sure.  We like the larger ships and since our Freedom cruises, times 2, for this year both got canceled due to Covid (one Southern, one Bermuda), this will be a nice replacement.  I'll see what stateroom we get and if not happy, will be on the hunt for one we like better and then call to switch.  

I think most of us will be happy with the switch.  Glad it sounds like it will work out for you.  We went from a "we will sail if COVID does not stop us" to a "HELL, I feel like I won the lottery (if COVID does not stop us...again)).

 

When is you "Brilliance" sail date?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

Just got notice that our 5/16 and 5/22/21 Brilliance sailings have been moved to Indie for same dates and itineraries from POM.  We have the option to cancel of course.

we were just outright cancelled on B2B before Beaches to Beantown also 

45 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

My Brilliance Beaches to Beantown in August has been cancelled outright.

Our did too - we had B2B so wondering if Indy will do those?

 

Don't see several ships listed for August - October - what to do what to do - I feel like I am back in the Navy - hurry up and then wait 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I'm happy about moving from Brilliance to Indy.  This takes us from a 'maybe' to an almost for sure.  We like the larger ships and since our Freedom cruises, times 2, for this year both got canceled due to Covid (one Southern, one Bermuda), this will be a nice replacement.  I'll see what stateroom we get and if not happy, will be on the hunt for one we like better and then call to switch.  

 

ETA: when I made this post, the announcement of which ship would be the replacement and what the new itinerary would be wasn't posted yet.  I still haven't received my latter, but I did call and they said that yes, I'd be moved to the same date on Indy.  

I think I posted this on another thread. 

8C08A92B-4B88-44DC-97D4-3741FE24F814.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

 

The Norway & Iceland was perfect since we wanted to see both!

For Iceland, you only had the Norway & Iceland combo, or I think 1 repositioning cruise. This year, there was just 1 Norway & Iceland (obviously cancelled), none last year (that I could see), and just 2 next summer. I booked this almost as soon as the itineraries came out last fall. There were 4 of us (2 couples), we are so pissed. We were so looking forward to this. There's no equivalent on RC. We thought for sure this was far enough out it would be safe, but yet we are still getting screwed. I did a L&S to next fall on our cancelled Allure T-A, about ready to just cancel that too. So upset.

 

I completely feel your frustration. We were booked on the June cruise to Norway/Iceland as well.

 

Reading into the matter, I now understand their plan is to reduce the length of the individual cruises. From their point of view it is less likely that people get sick onboard of a < 7 night cruise if you consider the incubation time. This must be why they canceled the Jewel cruises (mostly 12 nighters) and also the Adventure ones. They moved Adventure to the Mediterranean for very short cruises. Speaking about the Baltics cruise, I imagine that they will cancel the Russian ports due to travel restrictions. It is much easier to travel within EU borders these days.

 

Still very sad of course. Let's hope 2022 will be a better year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 We received word that our June 17 cruise on Adventure will now be on the Jewel with a “similar” itinerary. I guess we will have to wait and see. They did offer $100 OBC. I actually prefer the Jewel so it’s fine, unless the itinerary omits some of the important ports. However, they only give us until 8/28 to request a refund and I doubt that we will see the itinerary before then. At least we’re on a ship!

 

Kate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Letters should be going out later tonight or tomorrow

Received our letter about an hour ago that our Adventure TA to Copenhagen has officially been cancelled. They are only offering $100 OBC for Interior/Oceanview and $200 OBC for Balcony/Suite if we transfer to another ship by October 31, 2020. Not really a big incentive, in my opinion, to transfer the reservation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Received our letter about an hour ago that our Adventure TA to Copenhagen has officially been cancelled. They are only offering $100 OBC for Interior/Oceanview and $200 OBC for Balcony/Suite if we transfer to another ship by October 31, 2020. Not really a big incentive, in my opinion, to transfer the reservation.

You're right...definitely not an incentive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I think most of us will be happy with the switch.  Glad it sounds like it will work out for you.  We went from a "we will sail if COVID does not stop us" to a "HELL, I feel like I won the lottery (if COVID does not stop us...again)).

 

When is you "Brilliance" sail date?

July 3.  So now we will be sailing on Independence on Independence Day.  🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...