New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

22 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Where did you see the list of the new ports?  
I’m on an 8 night also. 

Someone posted it yesterday, but they are on the website now if you do a mock booking.  There are 2 different itins for 8 day, so you'd need to check to see which your sail day is showing.  Mine is showing Aruba, Curacao, Romana (DR) and Perfect Day.  I think the other one is Aruba, Curacao and Labadee, but not totally sure since I didn't pay much attention except to what mine will be.  

24 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Where did you see the list of the new ports?  
I’m on an 8 night also. 

It was posted earlier in this thread...we are on 5/8 and we are going to Aruba, Curacau (spelling), DR and Perfect day.  We were suppose to be doing Antigua, St Kitts and perfect day on Brillance...but I am ok with the change due the total upgrade in ship!

4 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

It was posted earlier in this thread...we are on 5/8 and we are going to Aruba, Curacau (spelling), DR and Perfect day.  We were suppose to be doing Antigua, St Kitts and perfect day on Brillance...but I am ok with the change due the total upgrade in ship!

Do you know what page of this thread it shows the change of ports. I’m on 5/22

Thanks

2 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I am actually pretty excited about these changes. We were doing the 8 day out of Miami on Brilliance in May and we love the ship but were nervous how our kids would like it but we said a cruise is a cruise so they better just like it. Well Independence will be such  better option for them!  I am a little mad about the change in ports b/c I feel like I have done AC route before but oh well!  

Where did you see the new ports for this sailing listed?

Just now, lovelife said:

Where did you see the new ports for this sailing listed?

They are now up on royal caribbean's site, just do a mock booking.    

For the 8 day there are two variations.  Both go to Aruba and Curacao, then one goes to Labadee too, the other goes to both Romana and Coco Cay.  Depends on your sail date. 

14 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nope, some mine dont even offer that. Money back only option:

We know this news is disappointing, and we're sorry for the impact to your vacation. As a result of this unexpected change, we'll be providing you with the following:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after we cancel your reservation. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Did you have any cruises booked that were set to sail prior to October 31? When I called this morning to process the refund for my cancelled cruise, the automated message even spoke of the 125% FCC for sailings that were set to sail prior to October 31 and were cancelled.

Not really a big deal. With all the uncertainty in the world right now, I'll be happy to take my deposit back, put it into my vacation fund, and continue to build that find until things stabilize and we come across a cruise we want to take.

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

They are now up on royal caribbean's site, just do a mock booking.    

For the 8 day there are two variations.  Both go to Aruba and Curacao, then one goes to Labadee too, the other goes to both Romana and Coco Cay.  Depends on your sail date. 

Thanks.  I had checked first thing this morning and they weren't there.  My itineraries remain the same (5/18 & 5/22).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Maybe but that doesn’t make much sense when they have multiple longer cruises on Anthem out of Southampton. If shorter cruises was their desired outcome then they would have shortened or cancelled these too. 

I believe the rational....

Eliminate Trans Atlantic’s East and West for Adventure, Brilliance and Vision

Baltic sails probably have the highest probability of surviving Covid19 issues

Jewel is scheduled for technical drydock on Europe April  - May 2021

plus I believe with proposed covid19 restrictions in GB by the PM, the Anthem’s Southampton sailing will be impacted.

2020 what a year...5 cancelled cruise and probably more to follow

stay safe all

Edited by Slidell_Cruiser

17 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Kind of sucks that they are selling them before they assign us rooms that are being moved from the brilliance to the Indy.    Best rooms will be gone and I had a good one before.

I think they have already blocked a ton for those that had a sailing on Brilliance who will be moved to Indy.  When I went in this morning and they had put up Independence, all sailings say 'sold out' for suites.  Since Indy is way bigger and has way more suites than Brilliance, (like double), they are clearly blocking all of those until they get them shifted.  There are also no aft balcony rooms showing as available (what I had on Brilliance) so I think they have those blocked as well.  Ditto for a ton of spacious and regular balcony rooms.   So I don't think they are selling them before assigning the 'good rooms'.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Yep, it will give a lot of folks some work to do to move all those people from one ship to another and handle cancellations and refunds.  Guess they have their fingers crossed that another round of COVID cancellations do not happen, or else they will have all of those reservations to deal with as well.

Agree, never ending.

Then again not sure why Adv or Jewel are being rearranged.

Oh well stay tuned

Those of you who got moved from the Brilliance to the Independence instead of getting a cancellation are very fortunate. I was simply cancelled. I even called and tried to change my reservation to the Independence for the same itinerary one week earlier and they said no. The cancellation is going through regardless.

The Independence is not doing the same itinerary the week we were scheduled to sail, so I have to do a separate booking and it is costing me over $1000  more for the exact same itinerary in the same type of balcony cabin for the three of us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

In my humble opinion, I feel that there will be more ship deployments and even more itinerary changes before next summer. There is zero guarantee that anything announced and posted today will be the same tomorrow, a month from now, next February, etc.

I have to agree with you.

We should have been packing right now to sail on Allure this weekend. Lifted & shifted to Harmony for the same week next year but I am far from convinced that even that one will go ahead. 😞

5 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

Those of you who got moved from the Brilliance to the Independence instead of getting a cancellation are very fortunate. I was simply cancelled. I even called and tried to change my reservation to the Independence for the same itinerary one week earlier and they said no. The cancellation is going through regardless.

The Independence is not doing the same itinerary the week we were scheduled to sail, so I have to do a separate booking and it is costing me over $1000  more for the exact same itinerary in the same type of balcony cabin for the three of us.

Wow, what week were you sailing? Our Brilliance itinerary was different than the same week on Indy and I never got the letter so I called.  The rep said that yes, we'd be moved to the same date on Indy but the itinerary would be 'slightly' different.  Now I'm worried. Maybe I should call again.  ugh.  

Edited by rockmom

15 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

Call back and ask for a supervisor. I’ve heard they are approving changes if you were canceled with no replacement 

Well this is interesting.  We were booked on a 7 night on Adventure from Copenhagen, sailing August 31, 2021.  We got the e-mail saying we'd be put on the Jewel on the same day but....last cruise Jewel shows up on in August is August 22, 2021, 9 nights.  Getting back into Copenhagen on August 31st.   The next Jewel is on September 12th.  Out of Boston!!!!!  So Sherlock Holmes deduces that there's a transatlantic in between.  My Baltics/Fjords cruise on Adventure turned into a transatlantic with no info available whatsoever.  Hmmm.  Anyone get an info?  I'm still waiting for my travel agent to call me back after she gets hold of Royal. 

35 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

ok, I was in a slight panic since I never got the email about the changes, so I just called and the rep assured me that even though the itinerary changed (but still an 8 night southern), that we are being moved to the same date on Indy instead of Brilliance. They put you in the same stateroom category, which is a bummer for me because the aft balcony rooms on Brilliance are a different category than the aft balcony rooms on Indy.   He did say a lot of people didn't seem to get the email but even checked with a supervisor to make sure my booking was moving over to the new ship.  He said I should get an updated confirmation in the next week to 10 days.  I'd really like to see our room assignment sooner than that. 😕  

Edited by rockmom

11 hours ago, gerelmx said:

This repo 4 night Boston to Miami, is not violating the PVSA (Jones ACT)? Which is the distant non-American port where it calls?

It's likely to be a non-revenue cruise with only crew/staff/employees onboard and therefore would not violate the PVSA. As it's not a cargo vessel, the Jones Act does not come into play.

Is  it just me or does anyone else find it strange that all the suites on every sailing on Indy from May - July, 2021, are marked as sold out?  I wonder if Royal has them blocked. If we could book a suite, we might switch from Symphony to Indy since Indy has Southern Caribbean routes.

6 minutes ago, shutterbug63 said:

Is  it just me or does anyone else find it strange that all the suites on every sailing on Indy from May - July, 2021, are marked as sold out?  I wonder if Royal has them blocked. If we could book a suite, we might switch from Symphony to Indy since Indy has Southern Caribbean routes.

I'm thinking yes, they have them blocked. I think they have all the suites and a lot of the prime balcony rooms held back too until they can slot people into new rooms on Indy.  There are some different categories on Indy that aren't on Brilliance, so I'm sure they have some sorting out to do.  Unless they are holding some back to also reduce capacity, they'll probably release them on the booking site.  

• Like 1