Jump to content

New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, johnjen said:

OK, I just got off the phone with Rudy at RCL. He told me that this posting is only for 2020 and does NOT affect our sailing on JOS. She will sail from Amsterdam this coming Summer and remains on the 12-night cruises. No port changes whatsoever for 2021.

 

I can only dream this was true. I don't think you can honestly reach anyone at RCL that knows what is going on. The post was definitely about summer 2021. Whether or not it will all happen the way it was stated in that "press release" remains to be seen. I don't have much confidence in our British Isles 12 night on Jewel happening... I've started looking into alternate plans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, johnjen said:

OK, I just got off the phone with Rudy at RCL. He told me that this posting is only for 2020 and does NOT affect our sailing on JOS. She will sail from Amsterdam this coming Summer and remains on the 12-night cruises. No port changes whatsoever for 2021.

 

1 minute ago, erinsmom03 said:

 

I can only dream this was true. I don't think you can honestly reach anyone at RCL that knows what is going on. The post was definitely about summer 2021. Whether or not it will all happen the way it was stated in that "press release" remains to be seen. I don't have much confidence in our British Isles 12 night on Jewel happening... I've started looking into alternate plans. 

 

Since the 2020 European season was cancelled months ago, I'm not understanding how the Press Release dated with Friday's date could have been for 2020. 

 

I do think the Press Release was actually for the 2021 season, but was released before it was completely finalized. I have no doubt that cancellations and itinerary changes will be a necessary evil when cruises are able to resume. The Royal CSR's and Travel Planners are normally the last to learn about anticipated changes. We have twice received cancellation emails and the representative knew nothing about the cruise being cancelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The press release was pushed out via RSS feed from RCI PR. It's still out there if you know how/where to look for news feeds. This was a mistake, apparently, as they did not put it out by any other means and any questions to them are replied with very vague answers. I was given a definitive No  when I asked if the Brilliance would be be going to Venice. It would seem they are still in the planning stages of moving ships around to satisfy different needs after the long hiatus and I'm sure the customer service folks are trying their best with the limited info they have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

For now everything is rumor and speculation. I think we all know there will be changes. What they are is the $64,000 question that, for now, remains unanswered. I'm hoping RCI is forthcoming with what the changes will be but not holding my breath that it will happen soon. 

 

Very true. But if they actually will be making such drastic changes to ship itineraries, I tend to believe that they will have to make that announcement sooner rather than later. They will need to fill those ships with as many people as they are able to, and not nearly as much time as usual. For me, it just means that I can pass up those cruise planner deals that I have been hoping for, because I really don't think I will be on that ship next summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this likely to impact any ships not listed in the first post? We're booked on Harmony in Jul from Barcelona which is (hopefully) going to be our honeymoon 😞 Its already changed from the original plan of this year (2020) and Oasis so would be incredibly disappointing if we were impacted again 😞 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am keeping an eye on everything as we hae B3B on Rhapsody starting 9 Oct 2021 out of Port near Venice - our adult kids will be joining us on the first leg - then on to Barcelona for Harmony TA on 31 October - So if it get replaced by another ship - I guess that just means more OBC for switching ships!  🙂  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

 

I can only dream this was true. I don't think you can honestly reach anyone at RCL that knows what is going on. The post was definitely about summer 2021. Whether or not it will all happen the way it was stated in that "press release" remains to be seen. I don't have much confidence in our British Isles 12 night on Jewel happening... I've started looking into alternate plans. 

I'm so sad to hear this...I was originally looking at this cruise as well but ended up with a better deal for July 30th on Reflection X. Still keeping my fingers crossed...Ugh !!!

Care to share what you're looking at?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm so sad to hear this...I was originally looking at this cruise as well but ended up with a better deal for July 30th on Reflection X. Still keeping my fingers crossed...Ugh !!!

Care to share what you're looking at?

 

It makes me very sad also. This was our big 4 family trip, celebrating my 50th birthday, as well as my daughter's 18th and graduation. Now, I'm not sure that I can convince everyone to go along with another adventure. So it may just be 1 or 2 families. Everything is on the table at this point. Oceanfront houses in North Carolina, or condos on the beaches in Florida paired with some time at Disney and Universal are the top runners at this time. I just can't make up my mind. I guess there's a small part of me still crossing my fingers as well! Got any good suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

 

It makes me very sad also. This was our big 4 family trip, celebrating my 50th birthday, as well as my daughter's 18th and graduation. Now, I'm not sure that I can convince everyone to go along with another adventure. So it may just be 1 or 2 families. Everything is on the table at this point. Oceanfront houses in North Carolina, or condos on the beaches in Florida paired with some time at Disney and Universal are the top runners at this time. I just can't make up my mind. I guess there's a small part of me still crossing my fingers as well! Got any good suggestions?

Hold onto hope until there's none to hold onto for your July cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jtintex said:

Brilliance would be be going to Venice


Even if it did, it wouldn't be anywhere near Venice.

Getting from Porto Corsini (Ravenna) to Venice (136 km) is the equivalent of crossing the channel between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen over seven times (18km each way). RCL can pretend that it's same but it is not. 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

 

Very true. But if they actually will be making such drastic changes to ship itineraries, I tend to believe that they will have to make that announcement sooner rather than later. They will need to fill those ships with as many people as they are able to, and not nearly as much time as usual. For me, it just means that I can pass up those cruise planner deals that I have been hoping for, because I really don't think I will be on that ship next summer.

 

We can always hope that they make it sooner rather than later. We have Ovation b2b Singapore-Tokyo-Seattle April '21. No hints or "leaked" memos about changes in cruises in Asia but I'm hoping that something is said BEFORE final payment. Wishful thinking I'm afraid. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esahuma said:

I am keeping an eye on everything as we hae B3B on Rhapsody starting 9 Oct 2021 out of Port near Venice - our adult kids will be joining us on the first leg - then on to Barcelona for Harmony TA on 31 October - So if it get replaced by another ship - I guess that just means more OBC for switching ships!  🙂  

Probably not. Last month Royal Canceled 2 my Jewel March 2021 Cruises, offer to take another ship same route, same rate no OBC offered. Also one was one day less, 7 instead of 8nites

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Probably not. Last month Royal Canceled 2 my Jewel March 2021 Cruises, offer to take another ship same route, same rate no OBC offered. Also one was one day less, 7 instead of 8nites

Ouch.  I just booked Adventure of the Seas 10 night Russia/Baltic cruise.  I saw an unbelievable rate for a GS and OS.  Within 2 hours they were all gone.  Pretty much every GS and OS was available.  

 

I know that this is one of the ones that will more than likely be changed, but I hope they can do the same itinerary on the Jewel without cutting days.  If not, I will cancel.

Edited by irishgal432
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Ouch.  I just booked Adventure of the Seas 10 night Russia/Baltic cruise.  I saw an unbelievable rate for a GS and OS.  Within 2 hours they were all gone.  Pretty much every GS and OS was available.  

 

I know that this is one of the ones that will more than likely be changed, but I hope they can do the same itinerary on the Jewel without cutting days.  If not, I will cancel.

Yeah had the Jewel B4B Booked, 40nites all in my Choice Cabin! Now hopefully still a B2B TA and following 9N BCN to AMS....we'll see. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PatMunits said:


Even if it did, it wouldn't be anywhere near Venice.

Getting from Porto Corsini (Ravenna) to Venice (136 km) is the equivalent of crossing the channel between Cozumel and Playa del Carmen over seven times (18km each way). RCL can pretend that it's same but it is not. 😢

 

You're taking a boat to get to Venice.🤔

I hope it's a gondola😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Ouch.  I just booked Adventure of the Seas 10 night Russia/Baltic cruise.  I saw an unbelievable rate for a GS and OS.  Within 2 hours they were all gone.  Pretty much every GS and OS was available.  

 

I know that this is one of the ones that will more than likely be changed, but I hope they can do the same itinerary on the Jewel without cutting days.  If not, I will cancel.

 

I think it's 11 nights😉

See you onboard

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...