Coastal Kitchen: Feeling Like A Virgin All Over Again!

RCCL Fan

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Regular visitor to CK and almost never request things not on menu. Its hard on the very small kitchen that is already taxed to the breaking point. Just a thought.

I guess I should have clarified, not special food requests. I meant more like special service requests. For example, we had a show too close to dinner and realized we weren’t going to have time for dessert. We mentioned that to the waiter while we were eating, he said just come back after the show and he would have us seated again to resume where we left off. That type of thing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

We have only once made a request from the MDR menu and that was for Lobster tails on Lobster night. Our waiter suggested we try the way the CK prepared Lobster and we did. It was a great suggestion and much better than just the tails in the MDR. 

M8

Including that heavy champagne sauce?

I'm fine with the poaching, just hold the sauce

CK has been very accommodating for us.

We usually make our dinner reservations before we cruise for each night.

Then once on board when we decide other venues we cancel early on the first sea day to make times available for others.

We like to see which theme is in WJ on each night of the cruise.

We usually do Chops at least once, and have to do Wind Jammer once to make us appreciate the calmness of CK.

The food is to our liking, and love the veal dishes.

Never made it to lunch, usually not dressed for lunch after being at the pool.

We do however miss the MDR, but we like our own table.

Everyone has their own favorite venue, for now we like CK.

Stay healthy.

We did CK a couple of years ago on Oasis, we were in a owners suite, I liked breakfast and lunch , thought dinner was hit or miss , did enjoy filet on first night ,  thought it was very noisy, after eating dinner for two nights we did specialty restaurants for rest of cruise for dinner, thought it was a disappointment in general after eating in Celebrity Luminae. View was great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nashirak said:

I guess I should have clarified, not special food requests. I meant more like special service requests. For example, we had a show too close to dinner and realized we weren’t going to have time for dessert. We mentioned that to the waiter while we were eating, he said just come back after the show and he would have us seated again to resume where we left off. That type of thing. 

That would be no problem, unless it is too late (after the show)  for CK seating.   They hold regular hours, and are not a 24/7 operation. 
m

Have you considered Unlimited Dining on the Allure sailing?  Maybe she'll be on board to try a 7 night cruise of specialty dining, lunches, etc.  It's something different.  And then mix in CK for breakfast and lunch here and there.  We think the unlimited dining package is a steal on a ship like that and really enjoy all the different venues, including specialty lunches.  She'll enjoy it no matter what, and then at least you can think about how to plan future cruises after trying it out.  For us, unlimited dining was a ton of fun and the true all inclusive feel of it made a big difference in our enjoyment of the specialties.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In the CK?  It was never offered like served in the MDR. 

M8

Yes in CK on Anthem.

We didn’t like the heavy sauce and asked for it plain with some butter. 

We did the same the night they had a lobster salad type appetizer, no sauce

They have always been very accommodating

Noreen

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

The people we were eating with asked for just the lobster tail and a baked potato, no problem getting what they wanted.  Well, I shouldn't say that as all four of us sent the lobster back as it was undercooked.  They shouldn't have a jelly like consistency to them.🤢

• Like 1

Last time we ate lobster  in CK, late 2019, our   server asked us if we wanted lobster  the way CK prepares it or the way MDR prepares it.    Possibly because I  ordered  most of my entrees  without  any sauces  or  gravies.     If he remembered my preferences he offered an immediate option.  If he sees that many want  the MDR  lobster, he made the offer to us.  How is that for great service!  Miss it.

OP - that is an example of the high  and  personalized service one gets in CK.  

M

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

We just ask for it poached like it's typically done in CK, but with drawn butter on the side. But they are tiny, so you need a few

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1