New to Star Clippers, planning questions

sunnysask

We've been thinking about trying the Royal Clipper for a few years and have decided to take a leap in Jan 2022 with the Windward Islands route.  We look forward to sailing and a more relaxed intimate atmosphere that seems to be offered.

I'm looking for pre and post cruise hotel recommendations.  They offer two nights at the Accra Hotel, is this a good idea or do you book independently and take a cab to the port?  We will likely stay a few days prior and maybe a week following.

Thank you,

Pat

I haven't stayed at The Accra so can't comment on it. We've made our own pre and post cruise hotel bookings on Barbados and the hotels have arranged our transport to (and from) the ship.

We have stayed at The Tamarind, the Coral Reef Club and at Cobblers Cove at various times. All three were very decent hotels as far as I was concerned. They are all on the west coast, a short taxi ride north of the harbour at Bridgetown.

We stayed at the Accra "pre sail" one night a couple years ago.  Nice hotel, on the water.   BUT, it's a little "out of the way" if you want to venture out and see the island.  (Again, great hotel for a "one night freebee from the cruise line, but I would not stay there for a week and hope to walk anywhere.....)