Capacity Controls & Ventilation Questions

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

I have a couple oddball questions.  I'm going to book an early August cruise.  Right now there appears to be plenty of room, as it's still early, plus I'm sure lots of people are waiting to see what happens with Covid before booking a cruise.  But does anyone know if Oceania is currently booking up to a particular capacity level (50% of ship, for example) or if they're planning to book every cabin they can?  

Also, I've seen some discussions of ventilation on cruise ships.  Is what's being circulated on the ship all fresh, filtered air, or is some recirculated?  With the new filters Oceania is putting in (or planning to put in), does the source or air even matter?

I am In in the air filter business and know for a fact that all of the supposed enhanced air filters Oceania is putting in are nothing but window dressing, making people feel good that O is looking out for me.  The best thing to do for ventilation is open the windows. My business is booming with all of my customers wanting to buy better air filters even though I tell them they are wasting their money. But I will sell them to you if you insist.

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

I am In in the air filter business and know for a fact that all of the supposed enhanced air filters Oceania is putting in are nothing but window dressing, making people feel good that O is looking out for me.  The best thing to do for ventilation is open the windows. My business is booming with all of my customers wanting to buy better air filters even though I tell them they are wasting their money. But I will sell them to you if you insist.

So too is all the wiping down and spraying it dosen't affect anything...its all theater to make you feel good..... Ok  its been almost 3/4 of a year since  China started this....   if you were going to die  you would have by now according to the pundits..... ...  Time to move on the sky is NOT falling.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

I am In in the air filter business and know for a fact that all of the supposed enhanced air filters Oceania is putting in are nothing but window dressing,

Could you please provide a reputable and verifiable citation to support that? TIA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

China started this....   if you were going to die  you would have by now according to the pundits..... ...  Time to move on the sky is NOT falling.

At least 204,000 deaths in USA alone so far....and counting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clo said:

Could you please provide a reputable and verifiable citation to support that? TIA.

You can do your own research. Google MERV 13 filters to read very technical articles about how they are not the magic bullet. There is no covid virus in outside air coming into a building/cruise ship. It MIGHT be in the air that is recirculated and that is where the filters come in. And right now there is a global shortage of the media used to make these filters. They are unavailable.

I have been in this business for over 35 years, I AM the expert.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clo said:

And now CA is predicting perhaps a doubling of cases. Soon.

What the morons in California predict is a changing, daily and weekly situation.... Truth is obvious to us mere mortals...they dont have a clue.........  They just said everything will be fine... after the election.......  This is getting ridiculous   One of the Doctors spouting of  is  not a MD  but a social worker !!!!     

• Like 2

If you go on the Oceania Website and scroll all the way down till you see Company Information under that it lists Health Upgrades. Very interesting reading. They do mention reduced bookings but not the percentage.  It was Very informational though. Happy Crusing!

On an Oceania Webinar I listened in on, one executive mentioned the number 400 passengers for R ships. Someone else reported another said 440 on a different Webinar. So somewhere around those numbers and guessing the same percentage would apply for the O ships.

2 hours ago, clo said:

You must not read many thread or posts.

You know, when multiple people on this site have issues with you it might be time to look inward. Of course if you're this way in real life you're probably used to it. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

You know, when multiple people on this site have issues with you it might be time to look inward. Of course if you're this way in real life you're probably used to it. 

And if you go to my 'history' or whatever it's called you'll see that the majority of my posts are neutral to kind. These days people don't want facts; they want what supports what they want to do. And the comment I made to that poster is because he has a HUGE agenda and doesn't let facts get in his way. Right?

Just now, ORV said:

I don't need to see a history of your posts, I've seen what you've posted here ever since you started posting on the Oceania board. 

It takes maybe two minutes but I get it. You don't really wish I would change.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Which is why I am not going to take up any of my time responding to clo about air filters. She probably wouldn't believe me anyways.

• Like 1