Jump to content

NEW- ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES


Recommended Posts

We were scheduled to sail b3b on Jewel beginning October 5th including TA.  All cancelled.  No substitute offered. Will get refund and obc if we rebook a European cruise for 2021 by October 31, 2020!  New itineraries don't even show yet. So far 5. Cruises cancelled. 

Edited by njkruzer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

Only one problem with Adventure to Jewel. 

 

10 Owners Suites on Adventure and 5 on Jewel.  23 Grand Suites on Adventure and 15 on Jewel.

 

Who will be downgraded?  

Of course we would love a OS but a GS would be fine. Not interested in a JS or less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

usually book balcony. Aft if available.   Need new itineraries.   Ta on phone with Royal.   So frustrating.   Have a family event in MA in late September so have to work around that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the big question is:

Will they move our casino comp cruise over from the Brilliance to the Independence?

Should be easy as the Independence is larger. 
I’m emailing my casino host. He will probably be getting 100’s of emails. 😞

I called a Casino Royale (host is off at 5) and the person said they don’t know what they are going to do yet with the free casino cruises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We were scheduled to sail b3b on Jewel beginning October 5th including TA.  All cancelled.  No substitute offered. Will get refund and obc if we rebook a European cruise for 2021 by October 31, 2020!  New itineraries don't even show yet. So far 5. Cruises cancelled. 

 

How about the October 19 Odyssey Greek Isles and Transatlantic?  We had been on the Oct 15 Jewel Med & Greek Isles cruise, followed by the Oct. 28 Odyssey TA. In July we changed from Jewel to the Odyssey Greek Isles cruise so we wouldn't have to fly from Barcelona to Rome to change ships. Really glad we did that now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I only booked the cruise yesterday so hadn't even thought about excursions.  Interesting idea about the transfer over.  usually they don't but if everything is the same I don't see why they couldn't move everything over

Oh you nabbed that straight away!! The reason I bring it up is because a friend of mine on Insta is attempting to do just that, she has Key, drink package, and excursions all booked. She said RC is getting back to her on if they will honor everything since it is the same itinerary (fingers crossed!) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my 5 Dear John Emails from Royal .... Cancelling

7/3 Jewel  Baltic

7/15 Jewel Great Br. - A Real Bummer

8/30 Brilliance Reposition - Miami to Boston

9/12 Brilliance Canada - Assume Jewel will replace - Cabin ??

11/7 Brilliance Reposition - Boston to Tampa

A lot of work and planning too be undone, hotels and tours (May not be able to do private tours)

Stay Safe Everybody

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jholzhauser said:

Oh you nabbed that straight away!! The reason I bring it up is because a friend of mine on Insta is attempting to do just that, she has Key, drink package, and excursions all booked. She said RC is getting back to her on if they will honor everything since it is the same itinerary (fingers crossed!) 

Keep us updated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

I just got my 5 Dear John Emails from Royal .... Cancelling

7/3 Jewel  Baltic

7/15 Jewel Great Br. - A Real Bummer

8/30 Brilliance Reposition - Miami to Boston

9/12 Brilliance Canada - Assume Jewel will replace - Cabin ??

11/7 Brilliance Reposition - Boston to Tampa

A lot of work and planning too be undone, hotels and tours (May not be able to do private tours)

Stay Safe Everybody

 

No sad face in reactions. Sorry 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

I just got my 5 Dear John Emails from Royal .... Cancelling

7/3 Jewel  Baltic

7/15 Jewel Great Br. - A Real Bummer

8/30 Brilliance Reposition - Miami to Boston

9/12 Brilliance Canada - Assume Jewel will replace - Cabin ??

11/7 Brilliance Reposition - Boston to Tampa

A lot of work and planning too be undone, hotels and tours (May not be able to do private tours)

Stay Safe Everybody

 

Yeah, Got 7 on Brilliance myself...sad

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, we are very disappointed.  We booked our Baltic 12 day on Jewel when they were first released.  Planning is done, booked private excursions, hotels for before and after cruise.  It was what I did while stuck in home trying to do something productive.

We didn’t get a letter yet.

Wondering if we could do a L&S for 2022?  I know it doesn’t fit the rules because they cancelled but hoping they might offer an incentive if we let them keep our money in exchange.

Edited by TinkBellaMom
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Now the big question is:

Will they move our casino comp cruise over from the Brilliance to the Independence?

Should be easy as the Independence is larger. 
I’m emailing my casino host. He will probably be getting 100’s of emails. 😞

I called a Casino Royale (host is off at 5) and the person said they don’t know what they are going to do yet with the free casino cruises. 

They transferred mine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

We were scheduled to sail b3b on Jewel beginning October 5th including TA.  All cancelled.  No substitute offered. Will get refund and obc if we rebook a European cruise for 2021 by October 31, 2020!  New itineraries don't even show yet. So far 5. Cruises cancelled. 

I never get these canx emails from my TA in a timely manner...sometimes weeks later.  Can anyone tell me what the refund/OBC credit Deal is for the fully cancelled jewel cruises out of Barcelona.  We are (were) on the 12 nt, 23 Sep cruise.  Booked with fully refundable deposit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Wow, we are very disappointed.  We booked our Baltic 12 day on Jewel when they were first released.  Planning is done, booked private excursions, hotels for before and after cruise.  It was what I did while stuck in home trying to do something productive.

We didn’t get a letter yet.

Wondering if we could do a L&S for 2022?  I know it doesn’t fit the rules because they cancelled but hoping they might offer an incentive if we let them keep our money in exchange.

Which date were you on? My Baltic Adventure was moved to Jewel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Did you call Casino Royale to get a new invoice?

No, do I need to? The email said "we're automatically moving you to the corresponding Independence of the Seas Sailing".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jholzhauser said:

Which date were you on? My Baltic Adventure was moved to Jewel.

We were on the July 27 sailing of the Jewel out of Amsterdam.  We thought about moving to a shorter cruise as long as it included overnight St. Petersburg.

Two problems, we have booked private tours with other couples at a significant savings and they might not rebook and we are worried RCCL will require that we only do ship excursions.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...