Vancouver debarkation from Eurodam COVID ??

Jsipes

On 9/28/2020 at 9:09 PM, Cruisin Kay D said:

It's CNN & major media that are hyping covid, which was the worst in the larger cities.    So did the covid virus not show up in Canada? 

The US is amongst the worst in the world for Covid, both on the basis of total cases as well as per-capita.  Open your eyes and do just a wee little bit of online research.  

Our response to the pandemic has been horrible, our leadership has ignored advice from medical and scientific experts and instead relied on wishful thinking.  We have around 4% of the worlds population yet over 20% of Covid deaths in the world, that's not hype but simply cold hard facts.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 2

I believe that the bottom line for most cruisers is that they will individually decide when they feel that it is safe for them to travel.

Not when the cruise line, the CLIA,  posters on this board, or the politicians tell them that it is safe.   That point in time will be different for everyone.

Let's hope that people allow their common sense and good judgement to guide them rather that a fast approaching FCC expiry date or a dearth of cruise options.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, Cruisin Kay D said:

I am sure I will get alot of negative comments about my statement below, but I am saying it anyway:

Honestly I don't understand what the issue is now with Canadians not wanting Americans in their city/country. 

Honestly, back on topic.

Vancouver has today passed the 10k mark in total cases. Reported 110 cases today out of 12,052 tests. That a positivity rate of 0.913%.

We will be more than happy to form a bubble with any states that match our positivity rate.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-19-update-thursday-1.5755728

1 hour ago, HappyInVan said:

Honestly, back on topic.

Vancouver has today passed the 10k mark in total cases. Reported 110 cases today out of 12,052 tests. That a positivity rate of 0.913%.

We will be more than happy to form a bubble with any states that match our positivity rate.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-19-update-thursday-1.5755728

And despite our cases in the special care home which 19 are the highest we have seen 😞  since the pandemic began, we will happily welcome anyone when they and conditions are safe.

But, for now, our borders in the Atlantic Bubble are closed unless you are coming or have a valid reason and willing to quarantine for 14 days.  We take it seriously here and are demoralized by a whole 19 cases.

We have been told and hope all the cases have been traced but just the same we are nervous.  Still, we remain

3EC861A9-5B98-4A28-ABFF-98E5661DE1F7.thumb.jpeg.c3dab301f8b9cd68eb6f409d18016467.jpeg

and I’m sorry until everyone agrees to wear masks and do the proper protocol, we don’t want visitors.

Or listen to this Hour has 22 minutes on how we all feel here  

I’m pretty sure BC is the same 😉 We take it seriously here.  Everyone should.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems that many on here think there is a ban on American travellers. It is a ban on "foreign nationals" not just those from the U.S. When first implemented in March the ban  did not apply to those from the U.S. There was much consternation about this and before I had a chance to write to my M.P. the government came to its senses and treated everyone the same.

Given that the rate of COVID-19 infection in the U.S. is six times what it is in Canada (even though the death rate is "only" two and a half times greater) the border likely will not open any time soon.

The federal government has banned cruise ships (except very small ones) until 31 October, but that is subject to extension. It has already been extended once. Of course, usually there are very few calls by cruise ships after that date until April.

Although it has not had much publicity, Canadians can enter the U.S. by air, but not by land or sea. Not many will  do that because of the requirement to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.

There has been some easing of the rules for admission to Canada. This is the latest:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

• Like 1