LA to Alaska Back On!

bubbapuck

We received the same email at 10:30 PM CT.  We originally were to be on the July 31 sailing so looks like we will move up to the July 17.  We will be calling our PVP on October 6 to rebook.  The Princess message: 

NEW 2021 ROUNDTRIP LOS ANGELES ALASKA CRUISES
We know you were looking forward to your Alaska cruise, and again apologize for any disappointment the cancellation may have caused.

Good news! Due to feedback from our valued guests and travel advisor partners, we are pleased to share that we will soon be adding two 14-Day Inside Passage cruises sailing to Alaska roundtrip from Los Angeles on our summer 2021 schedule, departing on July 3 and July 17, 2021. These cruises will be available to book on October 7 (October 6 for Elite Captain's Circle guests). If you choose the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) option on your cancelled booking, you will be able to have the FCC and 25% bonus FCC applied to your new booking.

To view the sail dates and itineraries for these cruises, please visit: http://*****/RTLAXAK 
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We received the same email at 10:30 PM CT.  We originally were to be on the July 31 sailing so looks like we will move up to the July 17.  We will be calling our PVP on October 6 to rebook.  The Princess message: 

NEW 2021 ROUNDTRIP LOS ANGELES ALASKA CRUISES
We know you were looking forward to your Alaska cruise, and again apologize for any disappointment the cancellation may have caused.

Good news! Due to feedback from our valued guests and travel advisor partners, we are pleased to share that we will soon be adding two 14-Day Inside Passage cruises sailing to Alaska roundtrip from Los Angeles on our summer 2021 schedule, departing on July 3 and July 17, 2021. These cruises will be available to book on October 7 (October 6 for Elite Captain's Circle guests). If you choose the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) option on your cancelled booking, you will be able to have the FCC and 25% bonus FCC applied to your new booking.

To view the sail dates and itineraries for these cruises, please visit: http://*****/RTLAXAK 

Looks like we will be on the same cruise. I wish they could have slipped a ship name in there. 

37 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

Looks like we will be on the same cruise. I wish they could have slipped a ship name in there. 

The ship name is to be determined before the October 6 posting. The Grand, Emerald, Ruby, Majestic and Sapphire are already committed for AK cruises in July so doubt it would be any of them.  The Crown does not seem to have any itinerary for April 16 through October 27.  All other ships in the fleet appear to be committed.  Stay tuned for the real answer. 

Edited by satxdiver

1 minute ago, satxdiver said:

The ship name is to be determined before the October 6 posting.  I would venture to guess either the Island or Coral.  Stay tuned for the real answer.  The Grand, Emerald, Ruby, Majestic and Sapphire are already committed for cruises in July so doubt it would be any of them.  The Crown does not seem to have any itinerary for April 16 through October 27.  All other ships in the fleet appear to be committed.  

Island already is deployed in Europe for summer 2021 and Coral Is deployed to Alaska In summer 2021 on the 7 day north/south voyages between Vancouver/Whittier.  

Checking ships scheduled to be in the port of San Pedro for those days. The Crown in on schedule for July 1, 17 and 31, but not July 3. The Sun will be deleted from the port schedule for the 3rd. Opening a vacancy. My guess it it will be the Crown.

We were on the August sailing. Hope this mess can be salvaged!

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

If it's the Crown and she's uncommitted, I wonder why just two cruises.  2019 they did them all summer on the Golden. 

Flying isn't going to be very popular anytime soon, so I would think there would be more of a demand for it.  Of course, it remains to be seen if cruising will be popular again.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I just got an email from Princess saying I can use my FCC from my cancelled Sun sailing for one of two cruises going from LA to Alaska in 7/3/21 or 7/17/21. I was originally scheduled for 7/17 so my plans are back on!

Told you!!!!

Just found out that my Enchanted Spanish Passage cruise is cancelled as all European voyages on the Enchanted next spring are cancelled.  So could they be keeping the Enchanted Princess in USA?

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

You were right! I really didn’t think they would come back, let alone just 2 days later. That is crazy. 

It will be an interesting wait until we find out the ship. I like to watch YouTube videos on the ships I am going to cruise. The rumor mill will probably drive me crazy. 

• Like 1

The possibilities are fascinating, plus it gives us something to talk about 😁

Looking forward to the 7th (we would have been Elite and could have booked on the 6th, if we could have taken all of our canceled cruises)

We hope the price is reasonable.  We booked our Sun cruise with FCC's purchased on board so the 125% offer doesn't mean much.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

According to the Princess site, the Diamond is in Tokyo but who really knows for sure. 

I forgot to add in my earlier post that the Crown is presently uncommitted on the Princess schedule for May through Sept. 

Since my previous post, I've been in touch with my PVP. We decided not to rebook. So much time spent after three cancellations, phone calls to customer service over FCD/FCC, rebooking...Enough!  To those of you who rebook, have a healthy and fun cruise!

• Like 2

I checked all ships and two ships do not have any itineraries at this time. The Star and the Crown. Obviously, there can be alot of repositioning in the next 2 weeks but these ships like like the likely candidates. Fingers crossed for the Crown.

DIAMOND: Princess recently just cancelled some longer Japan cruises in July 2021, and replaces with some shorter cruises which are still in Japan. Passengers are just informed last week. I don't think Princess will change their decision again just after one week.

CROWN: There should be some 4/5/7 night short cruises from Los Angeles throughout summer 2021. Those are mainly Mexican Riviera cruises. Princess already has the itineraries but have not yet announced. Perhaps Princess may combine some shorter cruises of Crown to become the longer 14-night Alaska cruise.

STAR: I guess Star is the most possible ship, since her original 7-night Vancouver/Whittier cruises are all replaced by Grand as announced a few weeks ago. Now Star does not have any cruises from May to September 2021 (she will be transferred to P&O Cruises Australia after September 2021). Hence Star is available for taking over any new cruises.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

DIAMOND: Princess recently just cancelled some longer Japan cruises in July 2021, and replaces with some shorter cruises which are still in Japan. Passengers are just informed last week. I don't think Princess will change their decision again just after one week.

CROWN: There should be some 4/5/7 night short cruises from Los Angeles throughout summer 2021. Those are mainly Mexican Riviera cruises. Princess already has the itineraries but have not yet announced. Perhaps Princess may combine some shorter cruises of Crown to become the longer 14-night Alaska cruise.

STAR: I guess Star is the most possible ship, since her original 7-night Vancouver/Whittier cruises are all replaced by Grand as announced a few weeks ago. Now Star does not have any cruises from May to September 2021 (she will be transferred to P&O Cruises Australia after September 2021). Hence Star is available for taking over any new cruises.

Nice work. I prefer the Crown but I won’t complain about the Star. 14 days to Alaska? I’ll take a rowboat if I have to. 🙂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I am excited too! Would love a ship with a covered pool!

Arlene

I agree Arlene. I really wanted an indoor pool when going to Alaska in case it was cold. I have heard that indoor pools may be shut down as a part of COVID precautions. Not sure but it would nice to have the indoor option on cooler days. 

Edited by bubbapuck